Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Is that Cristhian Mosquera (Valencia) or Yerson Mosquera (played on loan for Villareal, owned by Wolves)? Both Colombian born CBs.

It's definitely yerson mosquera. Won 75.7% of his aerials as opposed to 44% for the other guy. 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It's definitely yerson mosquera. Won 75.7% of his aerials as opposed to 44% for the other guy. 

Guess they have their Kilman replacement then.

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Keep saying it doesn’t mean it’s true…..would be a poor signing for us.

I’d be very surprised if we sign another CM, we are stacked in a few positions.

Still got sales to get done.

Really don’t believe we are even remotely interested in the guy, just an easy and lazy link to come up with. We’ve seen it in each window since Unai arrived.

28 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Obviously not saying we sell Ramsey. 

I just think Lo Celso would be a very good fit for our needs. 

We don’t have room mate and he isn’t really at the required standard for new signings now.

We have a large squad in terms of numbers, still some trimming to get done. Plenty of decent options.

Imo, most players that come in now need to be a high level, fit for starting CL games. Almost comparable to (or even better than) Emi, Bailey and Watkins in their positions. It’s how we get even better.

Otherwise we just save the money and look for opportunities in January and beyond. Not that I think we will, at least 2 more top signings I feel…

Edited by Jas10

I could have seen Lo Celso happening (and would have been happier) if we hadn't signed Barkley, but I don't see how we have space for him in the squad now. He's not incisive enough to play off the Striker, and that's the only "midfield" spot we have space for.

I think we might regret the Barkley signing tbh. He has looked the same player he always did in pre-season to me. Some lovely touches and passes, but also some sloppy, lazy ones and still can't be arsed to track runners from midfield or make any effort to get goal side of them. I dread him playing in a midfield 2 against anyone decent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

We really really really really need a good backup to Emi Martinez. It's going to cost us if we dont sign one.

Kepa’s going back to Chelsea (after his loan to Real Madrid) and could be back as first choice under the new manager perhaps… could we take on one of their backups?

Weird that De Gea hasn’t got a move after so long (stupid demands?).

We’ve been linked to a Brazilian keeper (from Portuguese League?) and a young Argentinian…

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Kepa’s going back to Chelsea (after his loan to Real Madrid) and could be back as first choice under the new manager perhaps… could we take on one of their backups?

Weird that De Gea hasn’t got a move after so long (stupid demands?).

We’ve been linked to a Brazilian keeper (from Portuguese League?) and a young Argentinian…

I think it's all about the wages he became used to and wanting to be the first choice at a top club. He doesn't need the money and doesn't seem to worry about not playing again, if he would consider it a step down, which he would joining any club as their second choice. 

Hopefully we are working on a CB. If Hermosa can't commit or make up his mind, we need to move on to other targets.

Our defence needs to improve this season so we need to get cracking on this.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, John said:

Cucho Hernández looked good against us last night......

He looked good against us opening day 21/22 too

just another obscure striker that loves playing and scoring against the Villa, nothing unique or special about it at this point

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 1

Watching the highlights of the friendly defeat by Columbus Crew we still look poor defensively. Pau Torres still makes mistakes and Cash isn't the RB answer. 

Most of the team that started last night, with the exception of Torres, Bailey and probably Rogers, won't start for us on the opening day so pinch of salt needed. 

But we ideally need to get Felix tied up quickly really so we can target a RB, CB and another striker to replace Duran. 

Edited by Leeroy

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Watching the highlights of the friendly defeat by Columbus Crew we still look poor defensively. Pau Torres still makes mistakes and Cash isn't the RB answer. 

Most of the team that started last night, with the exception of Torres and Rogers, won't start for us on the opening day so pinch of salt needed. 

But we ideally need to get Felix tied up quickly really so we can target a RB, CB and another striker to replace Duran. 

me julie Memes & GIFs - Imgflip Just the girl we need. :D

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â