Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I doubt it, Unai already decided between Archer and Duran last summer. Only reason Archer may be here at end of the window is not being able to replace him in the CL squad or if it's one transfer too much for us this summer

Not sure about that, I thinking banking the profit from Archer on the books Vs virtually none for Duran would have been a factor last summer.  

• Like 1

Baseless speculation Saturday - this 99% is completely unrelated and means nothing but I'm bored waiting for the F1 qualifying to start.

Plane we've used earlier this window is on it's way to Valencia. Most likely airport to be used for both Valencia and Villarreal clubs.

For Villarreal, obviously Unai's previous club so could be related to that if at all, but you also have Alex Baena is at the Olympics. (Starting against the Dominican Republic this afternoon). Yeremy Pino and Juan Foyth we've been linked to in the past too.

For Valencia, two young Centre Backs who are intriguing - Mosquera (Right footed) and Gasiorowski (Left footed).

Or could just be going for some tapas. What do I know.

• Thanks 2

On 26/07/2024 at 18:53, DakotaVilla said:

Some posters need to take a deep breath.

CB - it’s obvious a CB is needed and apparently Hermoso has been offered an deal. 

DMC - we are absolutely rock solid there now with Onana and Enzo and Kamara to come back.

RB - Kosta is impressing so they will give him pre season. Konsa can cover. Club will wait for the right player to become available I suspect.

GK - rumours that Olsen might leave but apparently Gauci is doing very well. I’m not sure they will bring in another number 2. 

Left Wing - we are ridiculously stacked with Ramsey, Rodgers and Illing junior and Philogene can play there. 

striker back up/second striker - It’s obvious we are all in for Felix.

Still a long way to go in the window but we are head and shoulders ahead of anyone else in the league re progress to date and it’s fairly obvious who our main remaining targets are.  

Gauci has only ever played in a really poor league (A league is embarrassingly bad) he’s a talent but nowhere near PL level yet, apparently Unai rates Olsen as a second choice keeper don’t think he’ll be going anywhere soon.

3 minutes ago, Wes said:

For Valencia, two young Centre Backs who are intriguing - Mosquera (Right footed) and Gasiorowski (Left footed).

AVFC Scout on Twitter put his graphic up a while ago and Mosquera looks like exactly the type of profile we’d be after (top right). 

A6165681-FA5B-4FBB-82D0-8188E69C096A.png

2 hours ago, vazquez said:

You are quick to doom players. Archer is great finishers and makes intelligent runs, playing in poor Blades team is different than playing in mighty Villa.

We shall see? First decent offer and Villa will sell him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Awol said:

AVFC Scout on Twitter put his graphic up a while ago and Mosquera looks like exactly the type of profile we’d be after (top right). 

Is that Cristhian Mosquera (Valencia) or Yerson Mosquera (played on loan for Villareal, owned by Wolves)? Both Colombian born CBs.

Edited by Jas10

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is that Cristhian Mosquera (Valencia) or Yerson Mosquera (played on loan for Villareal, owned by Wolves)? Both Colombian born CBs.

Valencia 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Ollie is a player, who is ( unusually) injury free, for his position......  Gareth Barry was, also and ever present, rare for a combative midfielder.

So the chances are, a backup front man won't see much game time, like David Geddis, didn't, covering Peter Withe.

Whoever we get in, are not going to be top class.....fill ins rarely are.

It's also hard to carry large squads, with 42k gates.....unless you are Chelsea, with untold backing.

Have to disagree with you Tro. You remember last season with a small fit squad to choose from Villa were treading mud by the end.

This season is going to be worse, much worse when you add CL games against the very best teams in Europe where you can't field weakened teams like last year.

Therefore, Villa will need a squad where there is very little drop in quality due to injuries or fatigue to be able to compete.

Villa got very lucky with Watkins last season. Any player is one awful tackle or a hamstring away from injury.

Any 'back up front man' coming in when Duran is sold will have to be better quality than Duran or indeed Archer because Watkins can't be flogged to play league, cup and CL right through to the end of this coming season.

I also don't see Rogers or Felix (if signed) as strikers.

So any striker coming in will get plenty of game time that's why I've previously mentioned Fullkrug at Dortmund who although is 31 now, is absolutely made for the Premiership!

This is not a make do season hence why there have been so many transfers already.

For the life of me Villa will surely not go into a CL season with such a drop off in quality in all positions particularly striker!

5 hours ago, dukes said:

I wonder how much you've watched Dobbin ? I for one have to admit to only seeing him in the game against us last year, where he did ok. I haven't seen enough to judge him, and will trust the coaches to do what they can with him.

It's not an accusation, but you appear to have written him off before he's played a competitive game for us, but he was quite highly rated at Everton. For me, I'll wait until Emery decides, but give the lad my support no matter what.

Of course we support anyone who pulls on the shirt (within reason), I just find it amusing that he's mentioned a lot like people think he's the new Rooney or something and then you have people saying we can't sign someone like Joao Felix because he's too much of a risk. It's going from one extreme to another (and yes I get that Dobbin will be on far less money than Felix). 

If you just look at what they have done in the game up to now, and how they have looked in preseason, Archer and probably even Barry look better than Dobbin. I'm not writing him off, just being realistic about what he can achieve here. He might turn out to be better than we think, but thinking he can be someone we can rely on if heaven forbid something happened to Ollie is not a view I would support looking at his career so far.

We are about to sell one of the best young strikers in the world (Duran), I think we have to try to find someone closer to his ability right now and send Dobbin out to the Championship to see how he fares there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pete101 said:

I'm not as concerned about RB as many are, I think Ned is a lot better than people think. The guy has played more champions league football than half our squad.

To go buy a RB , he would need to be a significant upgrade on Cash who I think might be our backup as we stand, and an upgrade like that is not gonna be cheap 

I agree about Nedeljkovic. I've said since we signed him that we shouldn't be surprised if he plays ahead of Cash. But I'd be happier if we had another ready to go option, maybe more senior to Kosta, to give him room and time to develop.

Then move Cash on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wes said:

Baseless speculation Saturday - this 99% is completely unrelated and means nothing but I'm bored waiting for the F1 qualifying to start.

Plane we've used earlier this window is on it's way to Valencia. Most likely airport to be used for both Valencia and Villarreal clubs.

For Villarreal, obviously Unai's previous club so could be related to that if at all, but you also have Alex Baena is at the Olympics. (Starting against the Dominican Republic this afternoon). Yeremy Pino and Juan Foyth we've been linked to in the past too.

Or could just be going for some tapas. What do I know.

Gasiorowski is playing for Spain under 19s in Northern Ireland, they play a final v France tomorrow so it's not him.

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Yes please, great player and will only get better and better.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I seriously think adeyami would be a unbelievable coup i hope there is truth in that rumour

If there was a deal to be done as a Duran replacement yep we can do a lot worse

€50m though? Nope, leave well alone 

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Hearing Cash to Tottenham with Le Celso the other way on the grapevine 

Well i guess he can't injure any Spurs players if he plays for them.

Good thinking Ange mate.

Edited by AshVilla

On 24/07/2024 at 18:11, Jas10 said:

JJ’s going nowhere and we don’t need Gio.

Obviously not saying we sell Ramsey. 

I just think Lo Celso would be a very good fit for our needs. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I just think Lo Celso would be a very good fit for our needs.

Keep saying it doesn’t mean it’s true…..would be a poor signing for us.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â