Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah and they are building an exceptional team, for fairly reasonable/low cost tbf.

Many fans hated Allegri and his dour, defensive style.

I think the revival is on. But I would still like to see us destroy them 😁

Supported them from when I was about 4yrs old but after the Superleague debacle they were dead to me.  They're building a good team though and would be good to see Inter given a but more competition next year

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Supported them from when I was about 4yrs old but after the Superleague debacle they were dead to me.  They're building a good team though and would be good to see Inter given a but more competition next year

Loved some of their players (Del Piero in particular, my fave alongside Pirlo and Totti) but all the cheating and corruption was hugely disappointing and offputting… I was more of a general fan of Serie A in the 90s rather than focussing on a single team. Fell in love with that Lazio team too… Mihajlovic, Nesta, Nedved, Veron, Crespo, Salas, Vieri… wow.

Parma 👌

Ronaldo was unstoppable (but for injury) at Inter, Batistuta will always be one of my faves - INCREDIBLE.

Good times.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Some posters need to take a deep breath.

CB - it’s obvious a CB is needed and apparently Hermoso has been offered an deal. 

DMC - we are absolutely rock solid there now with Onana and Enzo and Kamara to come back.

RB - Kosta is impressing so they will give him pre season. Konsa can cover. Club will wait for the right player to become available I suspect.

GK - rumours that Olsen might leave but apparently Gauci is doing very well. I’m not sure they will bring in another number 2. 

Left Wing - we are ridiculously stacked with Ramsey, Rodgers and Illing junior and Philogene can play there. 

striker back up/second striker - It’s obvious we are all in for Felix.

Still a long way to go in the window but we are head and shoulders ahead of anyone else in the league re progress to date and it’s fairly obvious who our main remaining targets are.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

Enzo?

Not convinced, Relegation in Serie A to Champions League and top end of the Prem is a big jump for a lad settling into a new country and club. 

Hopefully though, would be great if he has that in him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I see Emile Smith Rowe is joining Fulham for £35m. Will be interesting to see how he goes there - could be a really good move for him and Fulham.

35 for him is hilarious 

3 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I see Emile Smith Rowe is joining Fulham for £35m. Will be interesting to see how he goes there - could be a really good move for him and Fulham.

That's an insane fee. He was solid before his injury but hasn't looked anywhere near the player he was since. A move would be good for him though, he needs more playing time. But Fulham being robbed there, good deal for Arsenal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Some posters need to take a deep breath.

CB - it’s obvious a CB is needed and apparently Hermoso has been offered an deal. 

DMC - we are absolutely rock solid there now with Onana and Enzo and Kamara to come back.

RB - Kosta is impressing so they will give him pre season. Konsa can cover. Club will wait for the right player to become available I suspect.

GK - rumours that Olsen might leave but apparently Gauci is doing very well. I’m not sure they will bring in another number 2. 

Left Wing - we are ridiculously stacked with Ramsey, Rodgers and Illing junior and Philogene can play there. 

striker back up/second striker - It’s obvious we are all in for Felix.

Still a long way to go in the window but we are head and shoulders ahead of anyone else in the league re progress to date and it’s fairly obvious who our main remaining targets are.  

Absolutely this.

We are clearly on a budget - why the hell would we spend good money on a GK for about 5 games a season?

Last season our first 11 was challenging for the title until Christmas - we need depth, not a first 11 overhaul.
We've lost Dougie - and I would argue that Onana will give the team a better balance; we'll miss his passing, but we will be more physically dominant now, and others will create.
Diaby was a sub - he contributed numbers, but so will Philogene - if Unai believes in him, so do I.

Rogers will have progressed further and having Ramsey back will be huge too. 
Kosta might just be very good, as might Enzo. 

We need to clear some surplus players, and a couple of other signings (CB, SS) and I think we are in amazing shape.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, paul514 said:

35 for him is hilarious 

That good old English tax 🙄

Hope we continue to steer clear of such signings.

Onana > Gallagher 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

35 for him is hilarious 

Even more hilarious when you think back to the Grealish saga when we put a cheeky bid in, pretty sure their fans were touting that he'd be Grealish + Cash if we wanted to prize him away 😂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'd also like Archer to stay, he is a perfect back up to Watkins and is perhaps the best finisher at the club.

I worry about his overall forward play.....Cam scores some great goals and like Duran, has good scoring technique....not sure he has the "feet" to stay in possession.

But the top class ones, keep the oppositions back line of their toes.....they are a constant threat, and are a threat, even when they are not ( if you get my meaning)

Ollie Watkins is such a player, you can never relax, or push forward as an opposition defender, because he keeps you occupied, and alert.......I am not sure, Cam has mastered that yet.

I wasn't overly convinced of Moussa's overall forward play either, despite him having some, great strikes.

We need a player to come in, who can work with Ollie, form a partnership and keep defenders pinned back.

I think we will find one....just getting the finances right.

• Like 2

Archer is no where good enough for this team. He was terrible for a terrible sheff Utd. He’ll be out as soon as we get a decent bid. 

Best of luck to him but we have significantly bigger fish to fry than him, Louie Barry and Jhon Duran. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

I worry about his overall forward play.....Cam scores some great goals and like Duran, has good scoring technique....not sure he has the "feet" to stay in possession.

But the top class ones, keep the oppositions back line of their toes.....they are a constant threat, and are a threat, even when they are not ( if you get my meaning)

Ollie Watkins is such a player, you can never relax, or push forward as an opposition defender, because he keeps you occupied, and alert.......I am not sure, Cam has mastered that yet.

I wasn't overly convinced of Moussa's overall forward play either, despite him having some, great strikes.

We need a player to come in, who can work with Ollie, form a partnership and keep defenders pinned back.

I think we will find one....just getting the finances right.

If there's one thing I miss in the Summer it's the interaction with your good self. 

Archer reminds me of that old - school striker, an instinctual feel for a goal. Like Snifffer Clarke or Clive Allen. I doubt he has that kind of talent, but those kind of strikers are certainly in decline, Vardy being an obvious exception. I also wonder if Archer has the required tools for a striker at the level we'll be operating. It would be great and far less expensive if he was to find his mojo in a Villa shirt. One can always hope.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Archer is no where good enough for this team. He was terrible for a terrible sheff Utd. He’ll be out as soon as we get a decent bid. 

Best of luck to him but we have significantly bigger fish to fry than him, Louie Barry and Jhon Duran. 

Imagine this only less harsh and you'll have my opinion 😅

13 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It’s the same numbers of players.

3GK, 2LB, 4-5CB, 2RB, 6CM (including McGinn), 2LM, 2AM, 2RM, 2CF.

So we have 25 here, Excluding Kamara it’s 24-25. We’d still have 1-2 squad spots. (That’s when we’re including Archer). Let’s say Felix and the Turkish striker came, we can still delay Mings while getting the new CB. By that I assumed Dobbin going out on loan. But if we gotboth of Felix and the other, I think we shouldn’t keep him. Otherwise if it’s only Felix then we have to keep him. 

numbers wise, it feels like if he stays, we're not signing a backup to Ollie. Obviously, Unai will do what he feels is best, but I don't see how Archer as the Ollie backup is anything other than a downgrade from last year. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â