Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I see Emile Smith Rowe is joining Fulham for £35m. Will be interesting to see how he goes there - could be a really good move for him and Fulham.

35m is a robbery. Not even worth 20m

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

This guy talks sense…

This doesn't count.

Plenty of people on here will tell you about the Liverpool net-spend trophy; we've spent the most that's it.  That's the only figure that matters.

I still don't think we've addressed our issues though, we've signed some players I'm really excited about don't get me wrong and I'm excited for the season for sure.

But at the start of the window I'd have said our priorities should be:

- RB to replace Cash

- CB to replace Lenglet or Carlos

- DM to cover Kamara

- GK to replace Olsen

- LW to replace Zaniolo

- ST if Duran leaves

We've done a lot, but RB, CB, GK are all still needed (Probably ST too). I'm not sold on Iling-Jnr and Barrenechea yet, but hopeful they can do well in the backup LW and DM roles.

We've done a lot, and there's reasons for it (PSR), but Dougie & Diaby out and having to find replacements for them (Onana, JPB) is a lot of work and I don't think them + Maatsen fixes our problems. 

It's still early in the window so don't take this as negative. But my priority list of issues to fix is still pretty similar: RB, CB, GK and ST if Duran leaves, whilst not being convinced we've covered/upgraded Kamara and Zaniolo with Enzo & Iling

7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

35m is a robbery. Not even worth 20m

Let’s see if ESR can keep himself fit - glass shins. At least the nonsense rumour every summer can stop now. 

• Like 1

If Unai though thinks Onana can cover Kamara and Tielemans can cover Dougie for the full season, then I suppose that does it. I'm not sure Youri has the legs for it over a full season, but let's see.

Hopefully Kamara is back to full fitness quickly

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I still don't think we've addressed our issues though, we've signed some players I'm really excited about don't get me wrong and I'm excited for the season for sure.

- RB to replace Cash

- DM to cover Kamara

- GK to replace Olsen

- LW to replace Zaniolo

- ST if Duran leaves

We've done a lot, but RB, CB, GK are all still needed (Probably ST too). I'm not sold on Iling-Jnr and Barrenechea yet, but hopeful they can do well in the backup LW and DM roles.

We've done a lot, and there's reasons for it (PSR), but Dougie & Diaby out and having to find replacements for them (Onana, JPB) is a lot of work and I don't think them + Maatsen fixes our problems. 

It's still early in the window so don't take this as negative. But my priority list of issues to fix is still pretty similar: RB, CB, GK and ST if Duran leaves, whilst not being convinced we've covered/upgraded Kamara and Zaniolo with Enzo & Iling

Mings (when fit), Buendia and Archer 

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

- RB to replace Cash

- DM to cover Kamara

- GK to replace Olsen

- LW to replace Zaniolo

- ST if Duran leaves

If we do that list, we'll be signing another 6 players on top of the 8 players we've already signed this summer.  And it'll cost another £100 millon plus.

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

- RB to replace Cash

- DM to cover Kamara

- GK to replace Olsen

- LW to replace Zaniolo

- ST if Duran leaves

We will bring in another attacking player and potentially a defender. 

Our squad depth is looking so superior to last season. That was our main issue to fix. 

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

- RB to replace Cash

- DM to cover Kamara

- GK to replace Olsen

- LW to replace Zaniolo

- ST if Duran leaves

RB to replace Cash may well be Nedeljkovic (no idea how good he is), Onana covers Kamara, Gauci replaces Olsen, Philogene/Iling Jr/Buendia return replaces Zaniolo and the ST is not a conclusion yet.  We've then brought in Barkley and Barrenechea as central midfield rotation options to replace Luiz.

I agree that we probably need a CB but, other than that, hasn't everything been ticked off here?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

- RB to replace Cash

- DM to cover Kamara

- GK to replace Olsen

- LW to replace Zaniolo

- ST if Duran leaves

Personally think we will sign one player to replace Diaby/Duran and also a CB which might be towards the end of the window. Once the American pre-season games are out of the way I expect the main focus to be on out-goings. Fair few the club need to try and shift. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

If Unai though thinks Onana can cover Kamara and Tielemans can cover Dougie for the full season, then I suppose that does it. I'm not sure Youri has the legs for it over a full season, but let's see.

That’s where Barkley comes in…he’ll be sharing the load with Youri

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I see Emile Smith Rowe is joining Fulham for £35m. Will be interesting to see how he goes there - could be a really good move for him and Fulham.

If ESR costs £35m, Jhon Duran definitely costs £40m. WHU should step up.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

He was once a bright prospect, but through injury and because he chose to stay at Arsenal, he has hardly played a first team game for several years. Arsenal are doing him no favours, by placing that price tag on him and Fulham are taking a big risk. I would rather buy someone like Jack Clarke for half that money myself. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villan-scott said:

What happened to Chiesa? All gone quiet around him on all fronts? @Jas10 come on… where is he? Where have you got him?

Chiesa leaving Juve seems a bit strange to me, why are they letting him leave so cheap if he's that good?

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

- RB to replace Cash

- DM to cover Kamara

- GK to replace Olsen

- LW to replace Zaniolo

- ST if Duran leaves

I share some of these concerns, but I think the DM to cover/replace Kamara is Onana and we seem to have an abundance of left sided players so have effectively replaced Zaniolo who didn't do too much last season. I also think the backup GK won't happen, it will be Olsen and then Gauci as the third option and possibly another loan for Zych. We've sold Sinisalo for cheap for some reason, but maybe management don't rate him.

I think we definitely need at least one attacker to replace Diaby and Duran, possibly two although I suspect that is dependent on selling Archer to someone. If we can't get Felix we have to have another big hitter lined up, currently our attack is weaker than the top 7 teams IMO and we won't score as many goals as them without another quality player coming in.

And we absolutely need another defender. Relying on Mings coming back to what he was before is really naïve given his age and the injury itself. And Carlos just isn't very good and needs replacing. 

I could probably cope with Cash staying for another season but we did say he was the weak link in our team last season and he still hasn't been upgraded. If we buy a top drawer central defender though and Konsa plays at right back, he will probably only be a sub anyway. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Chiesa leaving Juve seems a bit strange to me, why are they letting him leave so cheap if he's that good?

I’m not fully clued up on Juve these days but… new manager coming in with his own vision (Motta), Chiesa has only 1 year(?) left on his deal and keeps being linked with Roma, maybe some doubts over his condition and recovery after serious injury but, as a few can attest (such as @PaulMcGrath_5) he played quite often and quite well last season. Italy were a shitshow and weak as piss in the Euros so I don’t think it’s fair to judge him based on that tournament either.

I love him but don’t see how/where we have room in the wide positions. Would be a lovely surprise signing, I will always back him. He’s got the lot imo and I don’t tend to write off players after injury (rather, feel sympathy)… that goes for our boys too - Mings, Buendia, Kamara and JJ. Two of whom are back and involved again now 😄

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Enzo?

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m not fully clued up on Juve these days but… new manager coming in with his own vision (Motta), Chiesa has only 1 year(?) left on his deal and keeps being linked with Roma, maybe some doubts over his condition and recovery after serious injury but, as a few can attest (such as @PaulMcGrath_5) he played quite often and quite well last season. Italy were a shitshow and weak as piss in the Euros so I don’t think it’s fair to judge him based on that tournament either.

I love him but don’t see how/where we have room in the wide positions. Would be a lovely surprise signing, I will always back him. He’s got the lot imo and I don’t tend to write off players after injury (rather, feel sympathy)… that goes for our boys too - Mings, Buendia, Kamara and JJ. Two of whom are back and involved again now 😄

Juve have underperformed for a few years and a few of the more expensive players (like Chiesa) are unfairly seen as being linked to that. Reality is that the off-field issues may have played a part, Allegri was half out on numerous occasions and that Chiesa had injuries.  The introduction of Motta is seen as cleaning the slate so he wants to bring his own style of player and the club are trying to reset financially a little by losing some of the older / higher earners. Can't shift all of them (such as Arthur Melo who has no takers) so along the way, they're selling some youngsters too just to add cash for Motta to spend hence Iling Jr, Enzo and Huijsen all going (still talk of Soule, Miretti etc. maybe going).

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Juve have underperformed for a few years and a few of the more expensive players (like Chiesa) are unfairly seen as being linked to that. Reality is that the off-field issues may have played a part, Allegri was half out on numerous occasions and that Chiesa had injuries.  The introduction of Motta is seen as cleaning the slate so he wants to bring his own style of player and the club are trying to reset financially a little by losing some of the older / higher earners. Can't shift all of them (such as Arthur Melo who has no takers) so along the way, they're selling some youngsters too just to add cash for Motta to spend hence Iling Jr, Enzo and Huijsen all going (still talk of Soule, Miretti etc. maybe going).

Yeah and they are building an exceptional team, for fairly reasonable/low cost tbf.

Many fans hated Allegri and his dour, defensive style.

I think the revival is on. But I would still like to see us destroy them 😁

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â