Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Rogers has been used as a lone striker before at previous clubs and struggled. It wasn't till he was moved deeper did his performances improve. Also his greatest asset is his ball carrying, which is wasted if he is leading the line.

We could play him as a false nine, and use Bailey as a wing striker (overlaping Rogers and running in behind in to the centre), but we'd ideally need someone that can do the same off the left (which we don't have). Now Beier is someone who can certainly do that off the left, Nico Willliams as well. This is basically what Liverpool (when they had the Salah, Firmino, Sane front 3) used to play.

Kilscoy can also play as a false nine or a no 10 like Rogers. I personally believe we are after him. He's skillful, tenacious, with a low centre of gravity which helps him play with his back to goal, and loves to drop off, turn, and run at defences.

I'd say that if you look at a lot of the goals that Ollie has scored under Emery - a lot of that is less "lone striker" in the Lineker mould and more about someone who can take the skills from playing deeper and transfer them further forward.  Maybe more like when Henry moved from being a winger to being a striker - his skill as a CF was down to where he'd played before.  I think Ollie and Rogers are more like that type of player rather than a lone CF who can hold up the ball with their back to goal.  Rogers' physique gives him that added dimension too.

I'd still like us to get in someone who's more immediately CF ready.

Once we sort this Duran and Felix situation. I hope we look at our defence and trim the squad down. 

Do we still look to address the 2nd GK situation or are we doing what Chelsea have done the last few season and too much change too soon isn’t the best.

Edited by Lord Willard

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Once we sort this Duran and Felix situation. I hope we look at our defence and trim the squad down. 

Do we still look to address the 2nd GK situation or are we doing what Chelsea have done the last few season and too much change too soon isn’t the best.

Really hope we do… but one step at a time. Unless Gauci makes his mark in preseason.

22 minutes ago, allani said:

I'd say that if you look at a lot of the goals that Ollie has scored under Emery - a lot of that is less "lone striker" in the Lineker mould and more about someone who can take the skills from playing deeper and transfer them further forward.  Maybe more like when Henry moved from being a winger to being a striker - his skill as a CF was down to where he'd played before.  I think Ollie and Rogers are more like that type of player rather than a lone CF who can hold up the ball with their back to goal.  Rogers' physique gives him that added dimension too.

I'd still like us to get in someone who's more immediately CF ready.

If you look at what makes Ollie a striker, it's his movement off the ball, specifically the ability to run the channels and run in behind. These aren't things Rogers does. 

If or when Duran leaves he will be replaced by a proper striker, unless the club decide to go with Archer (which I doubt).

Edited by Philosopher

12 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Could be our Felix back up?

😉 

We are kind of stacked in wide positions (and even midfield now), sounds like one that Juve will wrap up.

After Felix, I’d love to see a dominant CB and a quality backup keeper. Unsure on RB, Cash probably stays and Nedeljkovic could be our guy… if wet a CB, could see more of Konsa there too.

As we all know, much will be dependent on sales.

Edited by Jas10

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Isn't Adeyemi more of a winger than a striker.

Were already pretty stacked in the wide areas?

Winger/centre forward. Absolutely rapid too. A huge talent. 

Mentioned and shared a post yesterday… think we could see both Hermoso and Felix arrive.

We do like to sign players in pairs or get some that have a familiarity (same club/league/language) with each other iirc, helps them settle.

Most recently, Barrenechea & Iling Jr from Juve.

37 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I think that will be the case though I can see us targeting a an out and out striker. Maybe someone just for cover like Kelechi or push ahead with Kilicsoy.

I really don’t know how much of a revamp Monchi and Unai are planning but so far they’ve done a tremendous job in adding to the squad in areas of need. 

I personally think it’ll be Felix, Assignon then quite possibly Hermoso and Huijsen if his price isn’t too high. 
this covers RB, RCB, LCB and #10. Then it’s a matter of moving players, digne, possibly cash, Moreno, Donk and maybe Archer. Though we meet keep Archer if he impresses during the tour and gives Ollie some respite.

Edited by CroVillan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â