Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

45 minutes ago, allani said:

I think Rogers can play that position.  Play him in front of Felix, Ramsey and Bailey and I think he'd do a job.  Obviously it's a risk and a different role for him.  But physically he's perfect and there's a lot of Ollie about him - so it wouldn't require a huge change in the way we play.

Rogers has been used as a lone striker before at previous clubs and struggled. It wasn't till he was moved deeper did his performances improve. Also his greatest asset is his ball carrying, which is wasted if he is leading the line.

We could play him as a false nine, and use Bailey as a wing striker (overlaping Rogers and running in behind in to the centre), but we'd ideally need someone that can do the same off the left (which we don't have). Now Beier is someone who can certainly do that off the left, Nico Willliams as well. This is basically what Liverpool (when they had the Salah, Firmino, Sane front 3) used to play.

Kilscoy can also play as a false nine or a no 10 like Rogers. I personally believe we are after him. He's skillful, tenacious, with a low centre of gravity which helps him play with his back to goal, and loves to drop off, turn, and run at defences.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

With Diaby going we've lost a big amount of pace in the squad. Who's going to replace that?

Never saw much of that from him really…

• Shocked 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

First comment:

“Wouldn’t surprise me tbf”

🤣

That is a Forest fan that I know from my Football Manager research days, he's not in on it! Brilliant.

• Haha 1

Just now, AndyClarke said:

That is a Forest fan that I know from my Football Manager research days, he's not in on it! Brilliant.

Maybe he can help spread it further 🤣

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’s got 4 arms??? Get him in!

CB with four arms, pass. that like 345445 handball penalties we’d give away. Matty Cash is lethal enough, we don’t need another guy giving away penalties too

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

CB with four arms, pass. that like 345445 handball penalties we’d give away. Matty Cash is lethal enough, we don’t need another guy giving away penalties too

Don’t you realise he’d be signing as our Olsen replacement?

1 hour ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I think he could do, but in the nightmare Ollie leg break  scenario, this is a real push. He would need  a lot of coaching in that position  and it would take time.

Duran is such a shame, as he's  the right kind of profile we need there (young, lots of potential). Though you could argue that with the limitations on squad numbers, we need to minimise the number of players who can only play one position.  

Indeed.  But I'd rather go with Rogers in that scenario than Archer because Archer's style of play is so different.  I think we still need to look at someone who is more CF ready in the meantime but longer term I can see Rogers being the natural replacement for Ollie when the time comes.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â