Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

My guess: Konsa back to CB, KKH and Iling Jr on loan.

We need Kaine for homegrown. If we sign a new RB it might be transitioning Cash up the pitch or selling him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We need Kaine for homegrown. If we sign a new RB it might be transitioning Cash up the pitch or selling him.

Havent we tried pushing cash higher plenty of times before and it never works out? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Tielemans will pick up his injuries and need to be rested but I presume that will give a chance to Barkley then.

Attacker is interesting. Ultimately Ollie is starting vast majority, pretty much every game bar league cup. Everyone knows that so it's a tricky market to shop in. Perhaps Unai might just conclude that keeping Archer for six months in the Duran role makes sense. We also have Rogers who is looking really good in final third.

It's one of those situations where we probably have enough to tick by if Ollie stays fit as usual and plays all the important games. Injury and suddenly Archer, Rogers and perhaps even Dobbin for prem/CL and that's weak so interested what we come up with.

I think when Duran and Diaby go we’ll almost certainly have a big hitter coming in, no way Unai will want to go in to the new season with so few options outside Ollie, we’ll be far too reliant on him and Bailey. Rogers could do well there but Archer and Dobbin aren’t good enough for a top 4/top 6 chasing team. And that’s why the Felix rumours have surfaced. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Havent we tried pushing cash higher plenty of times before and it never works out? 

True. Therefore, if we add another right back, I can only assume he's on his way out otherwise.

11 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

2 goals vs Burnley. We played back 3 of Carlos Torres Konsa

2 hours ago, CroVillan said:

Can pretty much almost guarantee that there will be at least 3. 1 starting team member and 2 additional for the squad. In turn we’ll loan or sell 4/5 players. That’s me personally.

we’re going to have a #10 coming that’s pretty much agreed upon. Too much of a hole in defence so we’ll either get a RB or RCB, my guess is someone like Assignon so Ezri can stay central more times than not and a back up striker after Archer is loaned or sold in the mould of Kiliscoy and that’s not scared to sit on the bench. 

Think new RB starts and attacker plus Maatsen and Onana, so four more or less starters

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Think new RB starts and attacker plus Maatsen and Onana, so four more or less starters

Pretty much bro. Seems heavy but tbh I think needed under the circumstances. Centrepieces still here bar Dougie and a massive improvement squad wise. Our depth is incredible and hopefully with a couple more astute and quality additions we’ll be raring to go. I’m positive with the  approach and looks like all the starters at least  will have Premier League experience except for maybe Assignon if we sign and start him. The rest of the window will be about loaning and selling players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Rb : Cash, Ned, Konsa, KKH and poss Assignon

LB: Maatsen, Iling Jr, Moreno, Digne

Surely some of these will have to move on? 

i don't see that assignon will happen so the RB position will remain as is unless we get a silly offer for cash. he was given the armband for the walsall friendly so emery obviously sees him as part of the leadership group. we apparently put milan off pushing through with a deal for him because of our asking price.

defintely can see one of digne or moreno go. tough one. digne is the better player but earns twice what moreno does. my money would probably be on digne to leave.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

OUT:
SANSON (NICE)
LENGLET (LOAN END)
ZANIOLO (LOAN END)
IROEGBUNAM (EVERTON)
LUIZ (JUVENTUS)
KELLYMAN (CHELSEA)
CHAMBERS (CARDIFF)
REVAN (WREXHAM)
SINISALO (CELTIC)
DIABY (AL ITTIHAD)

IN:
DOBBIN (EVERTON)
ILING JR (JUVENTUS)
BARENECHEA (JUVENTUS)
BARKLEY (LUTON)
MAATSEN (CHELSEA)
ARCHER (SHEFF UTD)
PHILOGENE (HULL)
ONANA (EVERTON)

LOAN OUT:
O'REILLY - SEASON LOAN - (SHREWSBURY)
COUTINHO - SEASON LOAN - (VASCO DE GAMA)
MARSCHALL - SEASON LOAN - (CREWE ALEXANDRA)

Have we ever had such a turnover of players?  Especially before the end of July!

tDJQqOd.jpeg

This is how I see the squad at the minute.

Green is Club Developed.
Light Blue is Club Developed U-21 (PL + CL B List)
Dark Blue is just U-21 (PL B List only)
Yellow are senior players that don't make the CL squad as it stands.

We're fine for Association trained, so I didn't highlight that.

We get 3 more senior players in the PL squad, as we have 3 non-club developed U-21s in the senior squad. If Duran goes and we sign someone like Felix instead, it will also mean one of the senior players in the PL Only list won't be available for the PL. I'd be surprised if we don't sell one of the three senior LBs though. I haven't been very impressed by KKH so far in pre-season, but loaning him\Archer wouldn't really help anything. It would basically just move Dendonker to the PL Only list.

Basically if we want to sign anyone, they need to replace someone in black on that list to be able to register them in both squads.

For me, CB is the biggest squad weakness there, and Cash is the obvious one to sell, both to fund the signing and to sign someone more suited to the primary role (Bafode Diakite is my ideal signing for the position as I've mentioned before - apparently available for around 15m, and Roma are interested). I don't love the links to RBs that can't play CB, unless we are also planning to sign Hermoso and sell Moreno and Digne. I don't think there's any realistic way we can upgrade on Carlos without serious additional investment, which I don't know if we can really afford.

I've been reading some Atletico fans comments about Felix, and apparently he looked at his best when Simeone tried him as a 9, so I could see him taking the spot that Duran has. Archer can offer something different off the bench, and Rogers looks like he could potentially do a decent hold-up role alongside a runner like Felix.

It would be great to replace Olsen too, but hard to see that happening based on the lack of rumours. Gauci doesn't look like Ederson on the ball from what I've seen, so I think Olsen will remain the backup for this year.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â