Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Can someone explain to Huijsen one to me, it looks like he has started 4 games in his career why is there so much noise around him?

Edited by david-avfc

31 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

if we ended up with Felix, Assignon, Kiliscoy and say a Chalobah that would cap an extraordinary window by Monchi.

4 more inbound? Too many I think, we need to shift a load, and I reckon bring in two more - a CB and a striker. I reckon about 5 need to leave. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Can someone explain to Huijsen one to me, it looks like he has started 4 games in his career why is there so much noise around him?

He only turned 19 in April and he's already made 15 appearances in Italy, in a league notorious for high quality defenders. Very good for a centre back.

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

4 more inbound? Too many I think, we need to shift a load, and I reckon bring in two more - a CB and a striker. I reckon about 5 need to leave. 

Yeah busy windows may feel exciting but a lot of upheaval in a squad usually means things don’t start to click for several months. Can’t risk that.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Can pretty much almost guarantee that there will be at least 3. 1 starting team member and 2 additional for the squad. In turn we’ll loan or sell 4/5 players. That’s me personally.

we’re going to have a #10 coming that’s pretty much agreed upon. Too much of a hole in defence so we’ll either get a RB or RCB, my guess is someone like Assignon so Ezri can stay central more times than not and a back up striker after Archer is loaned or sold in the mould of Kiliscoy and that’s not scared to sit on the bench. 

15 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Can pretty much almost guarantee that there will be at least 3. 1 starting team member and 2 additional for the squad. In turn we’ll loan or sell 4/5 players. That’s me personally.

we’re going to have a #10 coming that’s pretty much agreed upon. Too much of a hole in defence so we’ll either get a RB or RCB, my guess is someone like Assignon so Ezri can stay central more times than not and a back up striker after Archer is loaned or sold in the mould of Kiliscoy and that’s not scared to sit on the bench. 

Defo need a player that can go upfront or can play just behind Ollie - someone with the ability to really play anywhere in offence. Next would be a CB for me. I’m ‘worried’ (if that’s the right word) about making toooooo many changes. It almost never works out properly. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Defo need a player that can go upfront or can play just behind Ollie - someone with the ability to really play anywhere in offence. Next would be a CB for me. I’m ‘worried’ (if that’s the right word) about making toooooo many changes. It almost never works out properly. 

Agreed. Look into the starting 11 I understand but honestly 3 changes to a starting 11 is not too drastic and can be seen on many teams and the fact that we’ll hopefully get it sorted early and within a period where they gel and form bonds is essential. 

the depth that’s added is unbelievable and there’ll be battles in every position. Don’t look at 11 players in and think they’re all starters, our depth was dire last season and this had to happen to compete on a number of levels and higher ones at that. 

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Rather sign Todibo than Huijsen.

Think we’ll be priced out Ash. But being Juve can’t see it being an astronomical amount so who knows. 

8 hours ago, Leeroy said:

I think there is still space in that starting 11 for 2 new players - a defender to replace Carlos as discussed (agree he probably needs to be sold first) and a second striker/number 10 to play off Watkins and either side of Rogers and Bailey. 

Who misses out is anyone’s guess - McGinn or Tielemans maybe, or perhaps the new guy replaces Rogers initially. But I do feel a proven attacking player will be needed because we’ll be losing over 30 G/A from selling Duran, Diaby and Luiz.

You might be right in your thinking but I think if it happens our attack will be weaker than last season and this might be a crucial factor in whether we can retain a top 4 spot.

Tielemans will pick up his injuries and need to be rested but I presume that will give a chance to Barkley then.

Attacker is interesting. Ultimately Ollie is starting vast majority, pretty much every game bar league cup. Everyone knows that so it's a tricky market to shop in. Perhaps Unai might just conclude that keeping Archer for six months in the Duran role makes sense. We also have Rogers who is looking really good in final third.

It's one of those situations where we probably have enough to tick by if Ollie stays fit as usual and plays all the important games. Injury and suddenly Archer, Rogers and perhaps even Dobbin for prem/CL and that's weak so interested what we come up with.

FWIW I think if the season started tomorrow  with our current squad (excl diaby and Duran) we are in a stronger place than last year and more than capable of hitting top 4 again

#Calciomercato | @OfficialASRoma , a match is scheduled for tomorrow for #Pubill of @U_D_Almeria . The Giallorossi club could accelerate for the Spaniard after the insertion of @astonvilla for #Assignon @SkySport

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Rb : Cash, Ned, Konsa, KKH and poss Assignon

LB: Maatsen, Iling Jr, Moreno, Digne

Surely some of these will have to move on? 

My guess: Konsa back to CB, KKH and Iling Jr on loan.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â