Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

All that worries me on that is the attacking wide positions look stacked with players for sure - but there are a lot of unknowns whereas we knew what Diaby could do. Philogene could take to the league like a duck to water but he could also struggle. Ramsey and Buendia are off the back of long term injuries, how do we know what level they will be at for this coming season? I suppose we have to find out but there is an awful lot of risk in that.

I just think one really big signing here could really give us a boost and not be putting a lot of pressure on young, inexperienced wingers or those off the back of long term injuries. Just my take. 

I like your thinking here 🤝 its not that these players aren’t good enough but it was shown when Ramsey was playing after his return from injury he was miles off the player he was and that wasn’t just one match either, we will need a player that can play across the front line so can either rotate with Rogers and play in and around that side of the pitch, but we will need someone that is going to deliver and somewhat produce a great return of G/A.

Yes i agree that Dobbin and Illing Jr may find it hard to get a place on the bench. Barrenechea has excellent technique but have found him to lose the ball too often thus far hopefully he will improve, doesn’t look like he could start for us at this moment in time.

So the team as it stands it would be looking like below, we have enough central midfielders to make it work and can only hope Onana can be effective as Luiz to a degree, now im only assuming the forward player we bring in is going to be in the position of Rogers, and its not about replacing him its about rotation and pushing one another for competition 👍

Watkins

Rogers                          Bailey

Tielemans        Mcginn

Onana 

Maatsen   Pau    Konsa    Cash

Emi

Edited by RicRic
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

- We're already stacked on the left (CAM/second striker is not Grealish's best position)
- He's on megabucks wages
- He worked well as the focal point of the team, but how useful is he as a component in a more multi-faceted structure?
- Does very little defensive work (same as Bailey) - can we have two starting wingers who don't track back much?

Bailey has in fact improved this side of his game massively 

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Come on, let’s get this sorted now. Done and dusted:

Think Mr Herrera has been into Colombia’s most profitable export too often. 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I like your thinking here 🤝 its not that these players aren’t good enough but it was shown when Ramsey was playing after his return from injury he was miles off the player he was and that wasn’t just one match either, we will need a player that can play across the front line so can either rotate with Rogers and play in and around that side of the pitch, but we will need someone that is going to deliver and somewhat produce a great return of G/A.

Yes i agree that Dobbin and Illing Jr may find it hard to get a place on the bench. Barrenechea has excellent technique but have found him to lose the ball too often thus far hopefully he will improve, doesn’t look like he could start for us at this moment in time.

So the team as it stands it would be looking like below, we have enough central midfielders to make it work and can only hope Onana can be effective as Luiz to a degree, now im only assuming the forward player we bring in is going to be in the position of Rogers, and its not about replacing him its about rotation and pushing one another for competition 👍

Watkins

Rogers                          Bailey

Tielemans        Mcginn

Onana 

Maatsen   Pau    Konsa    Cash

Emi

Luiz attacking regressed since he played DM, so I’m not really worried about Onana failing to do his attacking job. Hopefully Tielemans does though, to help getting our performances from early last season. 
Regarding Dobbin, he’ll most likely go out on loan, Iling however we’ll need to be around. We need different kind of players around. 
I agree that certain games some of them will not be around the bench. But again I doubt we’ll have 4 defensive players each game. We could have 2-3 especially when Konsa is playing RB, I think Hermoso and a RB will be there. Then 2 CM. 4 forwards, such as Ramsey/Rogers/McGinn/JP/Iling/Striker. Depends who’ll be starting. Adding Felix however will make one of those definitely out of the bench and most likely it will be Iling as you said. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

If it devaluates his potential fee, with his father being his agent it's also just dumb.

Dont think his father is his agent

2 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Quite a few of us think it will be Carlos who goes and needs to be upgraded (because of wages and inconsistent form) but I just wonder if the form of Ned/KKH (preseason admittedly) and the strain on our CBs by having Konsa playing RB at times, will mean that we sell Cash instead. We may also want to play 3 at te back at times so would probably be better served selling Cash and using that money to get a 5th senior CB (e.g.  Huijsen, Hermoso, Kounde, Danso, Bijol etc.)

I think if Carlos goes we need two centre halves. We've currently only got three in Torres, Carlos and Konsa - with big question marks on whether Mings will return to a level where he can be considered a starting option. If we want to play with Konsa as right back, or with a back three, we're really thin and could probably do with two.

34 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

If it devaluates his potential fee, with his father being his agent it's also just dumb.

Devaluing his fee will be exactly what they're trying to do - if West Ham have £50m in total for contracts and fees, then taking £5m off the transfer fee means he can add £5m onto the wage/signing bonus.

By reacting to him we make it more difficult for our club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Duran's agents comments are designed to do exactly what they're doing - get the fanbase up in arms.

He'll know that if he can get a "get out of our club" reaction going, it'll put pressure on Villa to accept whatever offer West Ham are putting forward and leave more of their cash available to him and his client. I would suspect Duran's agent is responsible for a fair few of the things that are being attributed to Duran this summer.

Ignore him, tell West Ham (or Chelsea) the price, don't deviate from it and be prepared to have him in the squad next season if they don't pay.

100% this - it’s a shame some took the bait, but I also understand that it was intended to provoke an emotional reaction. Luckily, we are run by very serious people who won’t be swayed by this sort of nonsense. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think if Carlos goes we need two centre halves. We've currently only got three in Torres, Carlos and Konsa - with big question marks on whether Mings will return to a level where he can be considered a starting option. If we want to play with Konsa as right back, or with a back three, we're really thin and could probably do with two.

Nah, can't agree. If we sell and replace Carlos and Mings isn't what he once was........ he can be 4th choice for now.

Just now, paul514 said:

Nah, can't agree. If we sell and replace Carlos and Mings isn't what he once was........ he can be 4th choice for now.

If he's not back until say mid-october, and we play Konsa at right back, are you happy with Feeney and Swinkels as back up?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If he's not back until say mid-october, and we play Konsa at right back, are you happy with Feeney and Swinkels as back up?

Don't play Konsa at right back

• Like 1

Just now, paul514 said:

Don't play Konsa at right back

Well that makes things easier and gives us three CB's, but Emery does like him there and I'm prepared to trust him.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Dont think his father is his agent

Thought I read somewhere on here he was part of his team. Could be wrong though.

55 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Gio Lo Celso will be joining Aston Villa from Tottenham Hotspur.

Lo Celso is going to stay in the Premier League but will have a new club. According to Fernando Czyz, Lo Celso will play with Aston Villa.

He will join Emiliano Martínez, Emiliano Buendía and Enzo Barrenechea at the club and rejoin Unai Emery, his former coach at Villarreal.

From their article, I can't find mention of it on his twitter account. 

I think he'd be a good signing. But obviously not at the expense of Ramsey. He covers 3 positions for us and could let us be more comfortable playing tielemans as a 10.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â