Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

33 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Grealish.

Proven.

No where near finished. 

Would be revitalised back at Villa.

Far better all round player than the other 2.

However I don't want Felix or Raphiniha and would prefer a world class right centre back to replace Carlos.

- We're already stacked on the left (CAM/second striker is not Grealish's best position)
- He's on megabucks wages
- He worked well as the focal point of the team, but how useful is he as a component in a more multi-faceted structure?
- Does very little defensive work (same as Bailey) - can we have two starting wingers who don't track back much?

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

37 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Get out

I agree. He's been wanting to move on since he joined us. I have a life that's just been a well of loneliness Don't bang your a*se on the door, on your way out Jhon!:D

Edited by John

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Depends the transfer fee but if we really wanted him we could have got him in the Luiz deal

Yeah i dont think we ever wanted him otherwise we would have got him as part of the deal as you say

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Grealish.

Proven.

No where near finished. 

However I don't want Felix or Raphiniha and would prefer a world class right centre back to replace Carlos.

All day every day !🤝

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Grealish.

Proven.

No where near finished. 

God no! We’ve moved on so so much, never going to happen thank goodness!!

• Like 1

El Khannous who I mentioned as someone we could be interested in for that Second Striker role (not linked, I just think he's got a great future ahead of him) already with an assist at the Olympics against Argentina.

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

- We're already stacked on the left (CAM/second striker is not Grealish's best position)
- He worked well as the focal point of the team, but how useful is he as a component in a more multi-faceted structure?
- Does very little defensive work (same as Bailey) - can we have two starting wingers who don't track back much?

I'm not saying we should try to buy him, but saying that Grealish does no defensive work is nonsense. He tracked back and pitched in defensively really well when he was here. He may not be the greatest tackler, but he certainly tried. Also Bailey has gotten better and better at that too for us over the last few years. Your last comment just  seems lazy and makes me question if you have ever actually watched them play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

We are stacked right across the attack, apart from centre forward if Duran Leaves.

Left - Ramsey, Iling-Jr

No 10 - Rogers, Buendia, McGinn, Tielemens.

Right - Bailey, Philogene

But Philogene can also play left, Mcginn can play right, Buendia and Rogers can play left.

Any big signing is simply icing on the cake.

Also think about how his free kick winning would work with our set pieces. 

Also his ability to control the tempo and ability in front or defenses is perfect for us to control possession and break down low blocks.

Edited by Philosopher

6 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

What a clearing in the woods XD

Quite deliberately burning his bridges behind him, imo. But he won’t force Monchi to accept a valuation below that which we hold for him just by being a knobhead in public. Risky strategy.

• Like 2

I’m not sure selling Carlos right now is a good thing. We’re light there. Get Hermoso and ggive Mings more time. We can revaluate next winter. I think we should add Hermoso especially if we’re selling Digne. If we want a more defensive LB then Hermoso is our Konsa there. Otherwise backup to Torres. 

Edited by abdulaziz1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m not sure selling Carlos right now is a good thing. We’re light there. Get Hermoso and ggive Mings more time. We can revaluate next winter. I think we should add Hermoso especially if we’re selling Digne. If we want a more defensive LB then Hermoso is our Konsa there. Otherwise backup to Torres. 

A back four of Konsa-Carlos-Pau-Hermoso to see out games.

Hermoso, Felix and the Turkish striker. I think those 3 will be perfect. Other than that we could do with a RB if Cash was sold. 
We’ll have a slightly + net spend, but putting it all together it seems we’re going on a very good direction even regarding PSR. 
Hopefully we’re able to offload Dendonker. Next season we can see Coutinho again and Olsen. While still having some sellable players with Buendia hopefully getting back fit, Mings, Carlos…etc

We could still sell one of our LB’s and Archer as well, if we can get more than 20m our of both we could be near to a 0 net spend! 

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Quite deliberately burning his bridges behind him, imo. But he won’t force Monchi to accept a valuation below that which we hold for him just by being a knobhead in public. Risky strategy.

If it devaluates his potential fee, with his father being his agent it's also just dumb.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A back four of Konsa-Carlos-Pau-Hermoso to see out games.

Could happen but I doubt Emery will approach that unless maybe for injury times…etc 

Some games such as Chelsea at home last season, last couple of minutes were horrible to watch. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â