Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Bored at work, so silly question time.

If you had to choose one of these players to replace Diaby, who would you choose?

- Raphina 
- Felix
- Grealish

None preferably but if I had to... Felix (Unai likes him).

Grealish despite the medals and endorsement deals, isn't the player he was. Raphinha is a very poor mans Arjen Robben and we don't need him

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If you had to choose one of these players to replace Diaby, who would you choose?

- Raphina 
- Felix
- Grealish

Felix because that's the position we need to strengthen. The other two cant do that role. Plus he's a lot younger

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Felix, Grealish, no one, raphinha

I'd probably take the 3 Turkish kids over all of them

906769-chris-hansen-catch-a-predator-mem

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Felix is on insane wages so not sure that will happen with Coutinho still on the books.

Carlos is a backup, he could start West Ham and Arsenal with Kons at RB and then for Leicester and Everton he goes back to the bench and we bring in Cash to go more on the front foot. I think he'll stay until January. Agree on Mings but again that strikes me as looking for a young CB to develop given that's a cover position for Pau.

I think for West Ham we'll go for this: Emi, Konsa, Carlos, Pau, Maatsen, Onana, Tielemans, SJM, Rogers, Bailey, Ollie.

From that it's only really Carlos and Bailey with his rotation/injuries that are positions up for grabs given we have endless left sided players to pick.

Over next few weeks I'm expecting more outs than ins and the two ins will be more development signings e.g. new attacker.

I think there is still space in that starting 11 for 2 new players - a defender to replace Carlos as discussed (agree he probably needs to be sold first) and a second striker/number 10 to play off Watkins and either side of Rogers and Bailey. 

Who misses out is anyone’s guess - McGinn or Tielemans maybe, or perhaps the new guy replaces Rogers initially. But I do feel a proven attacking player will be needed because we’ll be losing over 30 G/A from selling Duran, Diaby and Luiz.

You might be right in your thinking but I think if it happens our attack will be weaker than last season and this might be a crucial factor in whether we can retain a top 4 spot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think for West Ham we'll go for this: Emi, Konsa, Carlos, Pau, Maatsen, Onana, Tielemans, SJM, Rogers, Bailey, Ollie.

From that it's only really Carlos and Bailey with his rotation/injuries that are positions up for grabs given we have endless left sided players to pick.

Over next few weeks I'm expecting more outs than ins and the two ins will be more development signings e.g. new attacker.

Completely agree - although I think if there are outs we might go with a more immediate quality rather than project.

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I think there is still space in that starting 11 for 2 new players - a defender to replace Carlos as discussed (agree he probably needs to be sold first) and a second striker/number 10 to play off Watkins and either side of Rogers and Bailey. 

Agree on the defender - either a CB to press Carlos for starts or a RB so that we can move Konsa back inside (unless Nedeljkovic has really impressed, in which case we might be sorted).

I'm not sure on the second striker/number ten - I think Bailey might play there with McGinn behind and to his right, or Philogene might fit there.

I think he'll play three of the regular midfielders (Onana, Tielemans, Kamara, McGinn, Barrenechea), one of the inside left attacking ones (Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia), and one of the attacking ones (Bailey, Philogene, Rogers or Buendia). I think Dobbin and Illing-Junior may struggle to make the bench - and it'll be interesting to see what happens if we bring one in - I don't think numbers-wise we need a replacement for Diaby, so if we bring someone in I'd maybe expect someone to leave.

The Rogers/Ramsey bromance is interesting - I think they're competing for one spot. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Felix is on insane wages so not sure that will happen with Coutinho still on the books.

That's simply not true, he signed a new (vastly reduced) contract at Atletico on around €130k per week. And agreed a wage reduction when he was loaned to Barca.

https://www.capology.com/player/jo

If he wants to come then he's surely gettable.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Completely agree - although I think if there are outs we might go with a more immediate quality rather than project.

Agree on the defender - either a CB to press Carlos for starts or a RB so that we can move Konsa back inside (unless Nedeljkovic has really impressed, in which case we might be sorted).

I'm not sure on the second striker/number ten - I think Bailey might play there with McGinn behind and to his right, or Philogene might fit there.

I think he'll play three of the regular midfielders (Onana, Tielemans, Kamara, McGinn, Barrenechea), one of the inside left attacking ones (Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia), and one of the attacking ones (Bailey, Philogene, Rogers or Buendia). I think Dobbin and Illing-Junior may struggle to make the bench - and it'll be interesting to see what happens if we bring one in - I don't think numbers-wise we need a replacement for Diaby, so if we bring someone in I'd maybe expect someone to leave.

The Rogers/Ramsey bromance is interesting - I think they're competing for one spot. 

All that worries me on that is the attacking wide positions look stacked with players for sure - but there are a lot of unknowns whereas we knew what Diaby could do. Philogene could take to the league like a duck to water but he could also struggle. Ramsey and Buendia are off the back of long term injuries, how do we know what level they will be at for this coming season? I suppose we have to find out but there is an awful lot of risk in that.

I just think one really big signing here could really give us a boost and not be putting a lot of pressure on young, inexperienced wingers or those off the back of long term injuries. Just my take. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think given that Duran is likely to leave and Mings still has a lot of question marks - the priorities should be a physical centre forward who can cover Watkins and a centre back that can start - if we can get those two in then I think it's a good window. I'm not sure we need a number ten.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Ooh… but there might be another taker, Hermoso?

Need a good offer for Diego though…

Wasn't there claims on twitter yesterday that Hermoso was liking our kit launch posts, could be bull

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

- Raphina 
- Felix
- Grealish

Grealish.

Proven.

No where near finished. 

Would be revitalised back at Villa.

Far better all round player than the other 2.

However I don't want Felix or Raphiniha and would prefer a world class right centre back to replace Carlos.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Quite a few of us think it will be Carlos who goes and needs to be upgraded (because of wages and inconsistent form) but I just wonder if the form of Ned/KKH (preseason admittedly) and the strain on our CBs by having Konsa playing RB at times, will mean that we sell Cash instead. We may also want to play 3 at te back at times so would probably be better served selling Cash and using that money to get a 5th senior CB (e.g.  Huijsen, Hermoso, Kounde, Danso, Bijol etc.)

just a thought

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Wasn't there claims on twitter yesterday that Hermoso was liking our kit launch posts, could be bull

There were images of his account liking our stuff, more than just claims.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

All that worries me on that is the attacking wide positions look stacked with players for sure - but there are a lot of unknowns whereas we knew what Diaby could do. Philogene could take to the league like a duck to water but he could also struggle. Ramsey and Buendia are off the back of long term injuries, how do we know what level they will be at for this coming season? I suppose we have to find out but there is an awful lot of risk in that.

I just think one really big signing here could really give us a boost and not be putting a lot of pressure on young, inexperienced wingers or those off the back of long term injuries. Just my take. 

I agree… we seem to be asking a lot of young players and players returning from severe injury. We are going to be playing CL football… much harder than ECL and we struggled through that.

But I back Unai whatever, the squad is in a better place anyway.

45 minutes ago, dukes said:

That's simply not true, he signed a new (vastly reduced) contract at Atletico on around €130k per week. And agreed a wage reduction when he was loaned to Barca.

https://www.capology.com/player/jo

If he wants to come then he's surely gettable.

Thank you, but that’s a dead link mate. Been beating this drum for ages 😆

These sites can be dubious and incorrect, but according to this, he’s only on €115,385 pw!

https://www.capology.com/player/joao-felix-36474/

Which is £96.9k

Edited by Jas10

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Thank you, but that’s a dead link mate. Been beating this drum for ages 😆

These sites can be dubious and incorrect, but according to this, he’s only on €155,385 pw!

https://www.capology.com/player/joao-felix-36474/

Which is £130.5

Certainly we can afford him. It all comes down to him letting go of his desire to play for Barca and being open to another move. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â