Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Digne has 12, Moreno 15.

Not that I think it matters but Moreno featured much more extensively in the kit launch, a lot of images of him in the new kit whereas I only noticed one of Digne 🤷‍♂️

I do wonder if we’re waiting on Digne’s departure to bring in Hermoso who we may have lined up, he was liking all the club media yesterday.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Digne has 12, Moreno 15.

Not that I think it matters but Moreno featured much more extensively in the kit launch, a lot of images of him in the new kit whereas I only noticed one of Digne 🤷‍♂️

I do wonder if we’re waiting on Digne’s departure to bring in Hermoso who we may have lined up, he was liking all the club media yesterday.

Diego Carlos #3

👀

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Digne has 12, Moreno 15.

Digne has been tweeting about the new kit. Doubt either leaving soon

Maatsen be a good 3rd choice left back in fairness

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

image.jpeg.2b95568db5ac22087094cd8ae77f76ff.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wasn't Moreno looking to return to Betis?

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

£37.5m for a 3rd choice left back? Or even 2nd?

Edited by Jas10

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Wasn't Moreno looking to return to Betis?

that was a rumor that he was homesick but he seems to be putting in the effort in pre-season to get back to his best

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Digne has 12, Moreno 15.

Hermoso has 22 at A Madrid

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think Diaby, Tielemans and Pau were all signed before we flew out last summer. Can certainly remember Diaby playing against Brentford out in the states.

That's the big success of our dealings in our last few windows, we always get in our main targets before August rather than scrambling around in the last few days as many clubs will be.

Even under Slippy we signed Diego Carlos and Kamara within weeks of 2022 season finishing. Then panicking and getting in Donk and Bednarek late in that window shows the disadvantages of signing late.

We're in the lovely position of being strong in the key areas now so ultimately we're just looking to sign back up players now who have the potential to force their way into the line up as Rogers did in the last window.

Hmm, I don’t think we’re getting backup players in. Diaby has just brought in a load of money in as will Duran if sold and Felix is being strongly linked. I don’t think he’ll be coming here as backup. I also think we’ll target a defender because of Mings’ uncertain fitness and Carlos signing not really working out. We’ll find out soon enough.

Bored at work, so silly question time.

If you had to choose one of these players to replace Diaby, who would you choose?

- Raphina 
- Felix
- Grealish

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Hmm, I don’t think we’re getting backup players in. Diaby has just brought in a load of money in as will Duran if sold and Felix is being strongly linked. I don’t think he’ll be coming here as backup. I also think we’ll target a defender because of Mings’ uncertain fitness and Carlos signing not really working out. We’ll find out soon enough.

Other than a replacement for Duran (if he’s leaving and if we intend to replace him directly rather than use a more versatile option), I don’t think we should be signing any backups or “ok” players now, we have the numbers… we need to move more on, if anything.

If we do any further business, it should really be all about quality and enhancement of our first 11. CL level (huge step up) or leave it…

Unless we replace Olsen… and Gauci is not that guy.

Again, we weren’t very impressive in the ECL.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Felix is on insane wages so not sure that will happen with Coutinho still on the books.

Carlos is a backup, he could start West Ham and Arsenal with Kons at RB and then for Leicester and Everton he goes back to the bench and we bring in Cash to go more on the front foot. I think he'll stay until January. Agree on Mings but again that strikes me as looking for a young CB to develop given that's a cover position for Pau.

I think for West Ham we'll go for this: Emi, Konsa, Carlos, Pau, Maatsen, Onana, Tielemans, SJM, Rogers, Bailey, Ollie.

From that it's only really Carlos and Bailey with his rotation/injuries that are positions up for grabs given we have endless left sided players to pick.

Over next few weeks I'm expecting more outs than ins and the two ins will be more development signings e.g. new attacker.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If you had to choose one of these players to replace Diaby, who would you choose?

- Raphina 
- Felix
- Grealish

Out of those 3, Felix without a doubt

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

- Raphina 
- Felix
- Grealish

Felix 

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

- Raphina 
- Felix
- Grealish

Felix, Grealish, no one, raphinha

I'd probably take the 3 Turkish kids over all of them

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â