Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd guess we'll be flying out to the US today - I wonder if that will affect any incomings for a week or two while a good chunk of the club is across the water. I know Monchi can continue his work here, but I'd think it'll be quieter for a bit won't it?

Flying out 10am UK time. Maybe Monchi doesn't arrive in the US till the weekend.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'd have thought Damian will be out in the states, I know things won't come to a halt, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see not much happen between now and the 4th August - at least in terms of announcements.

I still don’t understand why though as Monchi does all the announcements.  I’m also assuming that there maybe deals part way through happening in the back ground that will come conclusion both in and out.  

America isnt that far away and likely Monchi will be backwards and forwards between the countries depending on what is needed and also communication tools are so good these days.  I think it could only be quiet because of these deals themselves and not because we are in America.  

I could be wrong but with the split roles of our management team, ease of getting between countries and the great communication tools I don’t think it makes much difference these days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd have thought Damian will be out in the states, I know things won't come to a halt, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see not much happen between now and the 4th August - at least in terms of announcements.

I see what you’re doing — tempering expectations so that when we reveal five signings next week everyone’s going to go nuts 😉

I reckon Monchi will be hard at work while we’re across the pond. Not that I believe everything on social media, but I think a couple of the more established transfer accounts have said we’ll be busy in the next couple of weeks, presumably when/if the Diaby and Duran sales go through. Can’t see the fact that we’re away on tour as an excuse to not get deals done.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd guess we'll be flying out to the US today - I wonder if that will affect any incomings for a week or two while a good chunk of the club is across the water. I know Monchi can continue his work here, but I'd think it'll be quieter for a bit won't it?

I don't think it will TBH, they will want to get as much business done ASAP. I shouldn't imagine where the team are will make any difference at all...................I hope not anyway!

Just now, Mazrim said:

Can't see that unless they're selling Gordon.

Just heard the Coral guy on Talksport say he was evens to leave now for Liverpool…sounds like something is happening there.

12 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Didn't we sign Diaby last season when we were in USA and then he flew out to join us? Might be mistaken.

We did yeah

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just heard the Coral guy on Talksport say he was evens to leave now for Liverpool…sounds like something is happening there.

Wow, that would be some story. But they play Gakpo and Diaz there too, so maybe they're moving at least one of those on.

18 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

No way he's on £300k a week! That's insane for a player of his level, I'd say £120k at most. 

Reports say between £250k and £300k. The Athletic have reported he has a base salary of £250k plus potential bonuses (which he’s hardly received tbf) of £50k.

Remember he got the deal under Man Uniteds previous leadership, they were even more insane than they are now.

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We've been linked.

Depends the transfer fee but if we really wanted him we could have got him in the Luiz deal

• Like 1

We've been linked.

Unless we are moving for the likes of Todibo it would be unfortunate to miss out on him given the earlier links - the point of the Dougie deal was also to build a good relationship with Juve for such events too 

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

When you can get a far superior player in Todibo for cheaper it is excessive. 

Would pass on him given the Man. United link. Aren't West Ham trying to get him on loan?

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I agree, but people need to compare with our team without Kamara. It’s not that we don’t have Kamara because our choice. We might find it challenging as we’ll start a new midfield. 

Think the smart move for opening few games is Onana-Tielemans as they were very good together v England in March and both experienced in prem. Then as the months go on I'm sure Barrenchea will get his starts and Barkley will also come in for starts here and there. Before you know it December is upon us and Kamara will hopefully be ready to rejoin the squad and be eased in.

Didn't we sign Diaby last season when we were in USA and then he flew out to join us? Might be mistaken.

Think Diaby, Tielemans and Pau were all signed before we flew out last summer. Can certainly remember Diaby playing against Brentford out in the states.

That's the big success of our dealings in our last few windows, we always get in our main targets before August rather than scrambling around in the last few days as many clubs will be.

Even under Slippy we signed Diego Carlos and Kamara within weeks of 2022 season finishing. Then panicking and getting in Donk and Bednarek late in that window shows the disadvantages of signing late.

We're in the lovely position of being strong in the key areas now so ultimately we're just looking to sign back up players now who have the potential to force their way into the line up as Rogers did in the last window.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think the smart move for opening few games is Onana-Tielemans as they were very good together v England in March and both experienced in prem. Then as the months go on I'm sure Barrenchea will get his starts and Barkley will also come in for starts here and there. Before you know it December is upon us and Kamara will hopefully be ready to rejoin the squad and be eased in.

Yeah I think if they're both up to speed Onana and Tielemens makes the most sense for the start of the season. They've both got vast premier league experience and know each other well from the Belgium squad, so it just makes sense to use them rather than trying to gel a new combo in there from day one.

43 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Unless we are moving for the likes of Todibo it would be unfortunate to miss out on him given the earlier links - the point of the Dougie deal was also to build a good relationship with Juve for such events too 

A lot less repulsive clubs we should be building relationships with

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â