Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its a strange barb to throw around when we havent replaced him with a better player and our signings while bulking the squad have probably not improved our first team yet

We are potentially two players down who got us top four and crucially we are 15 goals and 13 assists down from our starting line up last season. Cant see any of our new signings getting near Diaby or Luiz contribution

Well then, we disagree with each other.

I'm excited to see how the season goes...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Is 30m + that excessive? Guy was a regular for them under Tuchel not so long ago in prem and CL. He'll probably get in the England squad if he finds a club where he'll start 40 games a season.

We signed Konsa in 2019 for 12m and all he'd played was lower league football so with the insane prices since just over 30m isn't that OTT.

I agree re: him as a player, but I think it'd be a bit cheeky of Chelsea to hold out for a fee that high if they're actively trying to force him out. Their fans are generally unhappy with him being deemed surplus and also how he's being treated by them in not bringing him on the pre-season tour and doing their utmost to make him want to leave, they're within their rights to want as much as they can get for him but given the circumstances I'd be shocked if anyone paid that much for him. And I'd gladly have him at Villa for what it's worth.

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I agree re: him as a player, but I think it'd be a bit cheeky of Chelsea to hold out for a fee that high if they're actively trying to force him out. Their fans are generally unhappy with him being deemed surplus and also how he's being treated by them in not bringing him on the pre-season tour and doing their utmost to make him want to leave, they're within their rights to want as much as they can get for him but given the circumstances I'd be shocked if anyone paid that much for him. And I'd gladly have him at Villa for what it's worth.

Just the standard price given he's HG. They want the same for Gallagher and of course sold Maatsen to us for that price so ballpark figure and someone will probably pay it.

I'd be happy signing him. Could then sell Diego Carlos and alternate with him and Kons as RB/CB. If Kosta does well as the season goes on then we'll see Cash leave next summer I imagine.

Edited by VillaChris

I am surprised that we haven’t added any Spanish players to the squad so far… I know it’s the obvious place to think that is where we would sign players from given the coaching staff, but, it’s still surprising to me that we haven’t yet….

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The awkward thing about football is that, even if we lose more games, finish lower etc... it won't even necessarily be a direct effect of the team being worse..

We could actually have a better team which finishes lower or gets certain results worse than previously.

There are so many variables at this level, other teams who'll have strengthened, some underperforming teams will come into their own, and so on, and so on.

We could even enter a transition period for a season, or a portion of it, then go on to be brilliant

Or we could just be brilliant from start to finish.

I jist don't want people to have early meltdowns one way or another, as often said, progress isn't always a straight line upwards!

I personally think the overall squad and team and balance is already stronger

Spot on post mate, results wont be necessarily a true indicator of the strength of our team, progress isn't linear....

I feel our overall squad is already way stronger than last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is 30m + that excessive? Guy was a regular for them under Tuchel not so long ago in prem and CL. He'll probably get in the England squad if he finds a club where he'll start 40 games a season.

We signed Konsa in 2019 for 12m and all he'd played was lower league football so with the insane prices since just over 30m isn't that OTT.

When you can get a far superior player in Todibo for cheaper it is excessive. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree, but people need to compare with our team without Kamara. It’s not that we don’t have Kamara because our choice. We might find it challenging as we’ll start a new midfield. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its a strange barb to throw around when we havent replaced him with a better player and our signings while bulking the squad have probably not improved our first team yet

We are potentially two players down who got us top four and crucially we are 15 goals and 13 assists down from our starting line up last season. Cant see any of our new signings getting near Diaby or Luiz contribution

Don't know, I reckon a full season of Ramsay, Buendia, Rogers and Philogene might prove you wrong. Hopefully we'll let someone else take penalties and set pieces as well... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The awkward thing about football is that, even if we lose more games, finish lower etc... it won't even necessarily be a direct effect of the team being worse..

We could actually have a better team which finishes lower or gets certain results worse than previously.

There are so many variables at this level, other teams who'll have strengthened, some underperforming teams will come into their own, and so on, and so on.

We could even enter a transition period for a season, or a portion of it, then go on to be brilliant

Or we could just be brilliant from start to finish.

I jist don't want people to have early meltdowns one way or another, as often said, progress isn't always a straight line upwards!

I've said previously that I think we'll probably finish 5th-8th this season but that we will have made progress as a club / team.  Like you say it is possible to improve / develop whilst actually finishing lower / with fewer points.  Onana (on top of our other transfers) has moved my optimism for the season up a notch as has seeing Enzo and Ned perform pretty well in their first outings (allbeit only for two stints of 45 mins against lower level opposition).  But we're building a plan for the next 3 - 5 seasons not just for the next 9-10 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

just seen on sky unnamed premier league club after sancho

Yeah, I think he’s done as a player, it’s such a shame but it was too much too young and I can’t see him being a top player. Maybe if he goes back to dortmund and stays where he is comfortable and confident, but he doesn’t seem to be able to do it at Man Utd at least 

• Like 1

I'd guess we'll be flying out to the US today - I wonder if that will affect any incomings for a week or two while a good chunk of the club is across the water. I know Monchi can continue his work here, but I'd think it'll be quieter for a bit won't it?

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd guess we'll be flying out to the US today - I wonder if that will affect any incomings for a week or two while a good chunk of the club is across the water. I know Monchi can continue his work here, but I'd think it'll be quieter for a bit won't it?

I wouldn’t have thought so, it’s not the old days where managers did transfers. They would’ve already agreed who they wanted and then Monchi and Damian will work on them while Emery focuses on preseason.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

I'd have thought Damian will be out in the states, I know things won't come to a halt, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see not much happen between now and the 4th August - at least in terms of announcements.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â