Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not far off CL elite player wages 

This might sound weird… but I’d personally love us to cap our wages at something like 160k pw if possible.

I dont’t really want us to get to the stage of paying 300k+ and risk making expensive mistakes and burdens (like Manure who can get away with it, unlike us). Dont think its necessary, more about the team and elite level coaching anyway.

I think it would be possible to persuade players like Alvarez or Felix, at least initially, to stay within that limit and offer performance related bonuses too/instead - adds that extra bit of motivation too.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Photo is apt.

Of him awkwardly dripping down to the level after giving it the big one 👀

I mean… it could be argued that going to Chelsea would be an even lower level than West Ham now 😂

I’m sure he, and his agent, won’t stop twerking for them or other teams while he’s with the Hammers.

Hopefully it’s their problem now…

31 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Where are all the people who were crying over Dougie's departure, claiming we were going backwards and showing no ambition...

Didnt see a single person say that....... what is this in relation to? Has something happened?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Nope, not for that price. Dont think he’s all that and there’s better and more suitable out there for us.

Also, F helping out fellow PL clubs any more…

They're never getting that much for him given how blatantly obvious they're making it that they want to force him out.

Think he'll be quality for whoever gets him. Would be smart business from Villa at the right price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

They're never getting that much for him given how blatantly obvious they're making it that they want to force him out.

Think he'll be quality for whoever gets him. Would be smart business from Villa at the right price.

great business at the 10 people were saying yesterday, terrible business at 35m

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Didnt see a single person say that....... what is this in relation to? Has something happened?

I definitely saw multiple comments of this nature but I am not trawling through all the pages to show you...... What has happened?? We haven't gone backwards that's for sure

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I definitely saw multiple comments of this nature but I am not trawling through all the pages to show you...... What has happened?? We haven't gone backwards that's for sure

We won't know where we have gone until we start playing games and these new lads have bedded in. That is the case after any significant moves in a squad for any club.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Oh by god there was, without calling individuals there were some proper bed wetters on here that day 😂

• Thanks 1

Just now, paul514 said:

We won't know where we have gone until we start playing games and these new lads have bedded in. That is the case after any significant moves in a squad for any club.

Our ambition hasn't gone backwards.... Pre june 30, there was definitely concern that selling Dougie was a step backwards for us, not understanding the financial constraints we were facing.... I am confident that we have improved the overall balance of the squad and will continue to do so..... I was a big Dougie fan but he wasn't flawless

42 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Where are all the people who were crying over Dougie's departure, claiming we were going backwards and showing no ambition...

They're now saying what a bad signing Felix would be

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

Oh by god there was, without calling individuals there were some proper bed wetters on here that day 😂

Glad someone else noticed it, I thought I was being accused of making something up that never happened... Go back to before June 30 and you will get your fill

• Like 1

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

They're now saying what a bad signing Felix would be

I'm being careful here, I am no Felix fan anyone would be an absolute moron to doubt Unai, so I'm all behind this signing!!

Surprised not to see Bojan Miovski get more PL links. Really good player for the <£10m he'll cost. No suprise Bologna are sniffing around.

Probably not quite right for us, but I thought he'd definitely end up in the league the year.

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

great business at the 10 people were saying yesterday, terrible business at 35m

Is 30m + that excessive? Guy was a regular for them under Tuchel not so long ago in prem and CL. He'll probably get in the England squad if he finds a club where he'll start 40 games a season.

We signed Konsa in 2019 for 12m and all he'd played was lower league football so with the insane prices since just over 30m isn't that OTT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Its a strange barb to throw around when we havent replaced him with a better player and our signings while bulking the squad have probably not improved our first team yet

We are potentially two players down who got us top four and crucially we are 15 goals and 13 assists down from our starting line up last season. Cant see any of our new signings getting near Diaby or Luiz contribution

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â