Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

alvarez would have to take a big pay cut though surely? Can't see it.

Came straight from Argentina, i'd imagine he is on something like £100k p/w. He'd probably be looking a pay rise

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Would he?

Is he still on his first city contract? I can see it being decent but not like £200k a week, Google has him on £100k

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Surely he's not on THAT much at Man City?

• Like 1

I suspect Alvarez would be looking for a more established champions league team. As much as we have increased our profile recently I don't think we're quite shopping in those markets yet. Perhaps why we have to take a bit more of a risk with someone like Felix, who I still think would be a big coup.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

I suspect Alvarez would be looking for a more established champions league team. As much as we have increased our profile recently I don't think we're quite shopping in those markets yet. Perhaps why we have to take a bit more of a risk with someone like Felix, who I still think would be a big coup.

That, I’d agree with. Just need to get Dibu on the phone to Julian and do some convincing 😉 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I you believe the reports, Alvarez wants to be the starting 9. At City he plays as a 10 and steps in as 9 when Haaland is away. Situation would be exactly the same at Villa (unless we sell Watkins).

At least he'd be on pens here unlike City 🤣

• Haha 1

If Nketiah was to be sold at a cut price then id definitely take him as a back up CF, but he will be probably looking at starting wherever he goes next tbf. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, romavillan said:

It’s annoying because he was meant to be our player as we were close to have secured his signature only for him to end up at City 😒

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

If Nketiah was to be sold at a cut price then id definitely take him as a back up CF, but he will be probably looking at starting wherever he goes next tbf. 

Arsenal want £50m for him apparently, nobody is paying that.  He'll end up and Brentford of Fulham or somewhere like that, which is is level.

• Haha 1

I don't really want us to sign a big name no 10. I believe Morgan Rogers will be better than all the names we've been linked with in that no 10 position. 

In fact I think Felix will end up a rotation option if he does come. A left winger like Williams will improve us, but if he is playing off the left we'd probably change formations. 

Alvarez would also end up a rotation option, just a better one. He'd get loads of games but would be spilt between 3 or 4 positions.

I'd prefer the Diaby money to be spent on an up and comer like Kilscoy or Beier, and the rest put towards improving the defense.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Arsenal want £50m for him apparently, nobody is paying that.  He'll end up and Brentford of Fulham or somewhere like that, which is is level.

Spot on.  Arsenal are supposedly offering him to Palace as part of a push for Guehi or Eze. He had a spell a few years back where he looked like kicking on but he should never have signed that 5yr deal as it was only ever so they could get a fee for him. Instead of developing, he's stagnated

Nketiah wouldn't really play here. Cant play as a 10 and he'd not only be behind Watkins as a 9, he'd be behind Rogers as a 9.
So, it's an aww hell naww from me.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â