Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

47 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He is the one player at Burnley who I thought looked pretty decent last season.

Decent isnt good enough for us! we have enough decent right backs.
No point buying a right back unless hes a starter in the first 11. This player wouldn't be. 

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

**** yeah, I’ll take this lad over Felix everyday 

Hey! I’m not fussy! Happy with either one 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we’re sniffing at right backs then it means Cash is getting sold or Kosta is getting loaned

The former please.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

The shirt is the best since Luke's shirt and one of the best in the last 30 years or so.

But it has been completely overshadowed by the masterpiece reveal video. Absolutely genius.

Can't get Ozzy's "Up the Villa" out my head.

Wrong thread mate 😆

Yeah, it’s superb.

13 minutes ago, jigen said:

If you sell Duran you need 2 strikers. A replacement for Diaby (Joao Felix?) plus another one. Who? 

Rogers looks more capable as a striker than any of those

• Like 1

Assignon is a solid player, for £9 months that’s the sort of signing I’m down with down that side. Whilst not a lock down Rb marauder of a RB that attacks down the flank, very much a Maatsen down the right as someone has already mentioned. Astute work Mr Monchi. 👌

Now cat in Felix and give me a Semih and we are set and locked in for the season. 😎

Edited by CroVillan

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Rogers looks more capable as a striker than any of those

Rogers is a second striker/winger. If you sell Duran, if Watkins has a cold you have only Archer as striker. In Champions League...

You need another striker. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jigen said:

If you sell Duran you need 2 strikers. A replacement for Diaby (Joao Felix?) plus another one. Who? 

I agree if we bring in Felix then he isn't who you want standing in for Ollie if he has like a 2 month lay off

The guy that linked Assignon is pretty reliable as far as I know, though I find it an odd one even if he's a good player just because of the profile he is. I think we need another CB squad-wise (only area in which we're short on numbers right now IMO), but I think most agree that right back is a position that can be improved upon in terms of quality easier than others. To me it makes sense to get a player that can cover both positions, as with Konsa that's often how Villa play anyway and then you have Cash and/or Kosta to be more attacking-minded when needed (as inconsistent as Cash can be in this regard it's often how he was used). Assignon just seems a little bit too offensive a full back to bring in when you've already got them in the squad.

Some of our better performances last season came in games where the plan was for Kamara to drop into a back 3 when in possession though, and then Cash moved up to almost play as a winger. So maybe we could see that more often if a player of Assignon's style were to come in? Given he's probably be more naturally suited to that role. Probably will be nothing in it but interesting all the same.

59 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I say get it done. Wanted him before he moved to Citeh, I think he'd be the perfect compliment to Ollie and capable of leading the line by himself.

I suspect he'll probably want to be first choice though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I say get it done. Wanted him before he moved to Citeh, I think he'd be the perfect compliment to Ollie and capable of leading the line by himself.

First choice 10 and rotation with Ollie to lead the line. Having Martinez and a strong Argentinian contingent could help make us more attractive as well.

Would be a marquee, game changing signing 

36 minutes ago, jigen said:

Rogers is a second striker/winger. If you sell Duran, if Watkins has a cold you have only Archer as striker. In Champions League...

You need another striker. 

And that assumes we don’t sell Archer either - who I think is off either way once we find a buyer 

10 minutes ago, Tubby said:

That’s a very nice thing to say about him 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â