Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Imagine Monchi ending the window with a negative net spend , and a larger stronger squad 😂

stronger not larger, we can't register everyone we currently have.

Less than 100m for Todibo, AWB, Ruiz and David.

I think if we went for those and made our sales happen then it would be possible to get a neutral spend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

stronger not larger, we can't register everyone we currently have.

Less than 100m for Todibo, AWB, Ruiz and David.

I think if we went for those and made our sales happen then it would be possible to get a neutral spend.

Sorry Paul but, I think you really need to get off the AWB train. It’s not happening anyway. Possibly off to West Ham.

• Like 4

I’m beginning to like the idea of Felix… my only concern is his character… Felix and another Defender, and then I think that wraps up a decent window, provided we get a few decent loans for our younger players. 

44 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m beginning to like the idea of Felix… my only concern is his character… Felix and another Defender, and then I think that wraps up a decent window, provided we get a few decent loans for our younger players. 

Why his character? 

Not a criticism btw, just genuinely curious. Does he have a history of attitude problems? 

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Get the impression Unai knows exactly how to nurture this guy, rebuild his confidence, and get him back to his mercurial, early career levels.

The idea of that player in a front four with Ollie, Bailey, and Rogers/Ramsey is mouthwatering. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Get the impression Unai knows exactly how to nurture this guy, rebuild his confidence, and get him back to his mercurial, early career levels.

The idea of that player in a front four with Ollie, Bailey, and Rogers/Ramsey is mouthwatering. 

I’m not joking when I say we could have a world class talent on our hands and Unai could turn him into one of the best attacking players around… not crazy or impossible.

Again, look at the job he’s done with players like Bailey (now a top winger/forward) and Watkins (now a top CF). There is arguably more talent and ability at his disposal here… it’s more about getting Joao’s head right rather than his feet…

I’m fascinated by Unai’s interest in and admiration of the player… (the only reason I took any interest) we already know he can identify talent. People doubted Rogers…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

It is… watch out CL teams!

Unai means business! Who else we signing? 😆

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Unai: " First of all Good evening  and Righty Oh... Felix... You're my favourite pussy.. and you know.it... so let's cut the crap and get this show on the road ... "

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unai: " First of all Good evening  and Righty Oh... Felix... You're my favourite pussy.. and you know.it... so let's cut the crap and get this show on the road ... "

Grab Felix right in the...?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, striker said:

Would be absolutely crazy to expect Watkins to play 50 odd games without a rest so another striker is imperative if Duran is sold.

Felix and Dobbin and possibly Rogers would play there. 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Felix and Dobbin and possibly Rogers would play there. 

I think Dobbin is likely to go out on loan.

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

A loan suits us and Atletico. Nobody is buying Félix for the money they want. A season under Emery and everyone will want him.

Suits them less if we have negotiated a loan to buy which at the end of a good season looks very cheap.  

A reason Felix might not be a great buy is that he seems to take up a lot of the positions that Ramsey and Rogers like to drive into.  Of course, we know Emery rates both of those,  so I'm sure he would have a plan to accommodate two of the three within a team.

7 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

3 months ago:

Reminds me of  Villa version coutinho in this video... Some nice touches but plays it safe and when he does try something it doesn't come off.

If we could get Felix and a CB over the line I think we will be set.

I want the CB to be Chalobah, pretty cheapish, right age, good in the air, "PL proven", room for improvement and would be able to play RB if needed.

I'm pretty sure Emery sees Rogers capable of playing striker if Ollie needs a rest.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't

Fair enough, I just think with the restrictions on squad size he’ll miss out and thus go on loan is my reasoning.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â