Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure - there certainly seems to be plenty of noise - but I don't see him as a Duran/Archer replacement which means if he comes in, we'd still need a CF and a CB - which seems a lot to do.

This window has been so bonkers though that anything is possible!

That’s where the Turk with a semih comes into play. The striker role 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we need one regardless - in very other position we have at least two senior pros ready to go - Moreno is our third choice left back - as of right now, we've got three fit centrebacks, one of whom played last season predominantly at right back. If we sell Carlos, I reckon we need two.

Yeah I think we need a CB too, especially if Konsa is going to be RB more than Cash or a new RB. 
Unless any of our youth are ready to make the step up to get senior mins?

Since there always just seems to have been constant negativity around Felix here, I’d like to look at it from a more positive angle…

Under the elite management and coaching of Unai (who himself rates and apparently wants him, calls him a special player and we’ve already tried to bring him to the club before)… if we sign Joao, the talent and potential is there for him to be developed and turned into one of the best (attacking) players around… 

I will be really excited and enthused if we make the move and look forward to what he will offer rather than be negative or defeatist about it… that seems mental when, should it happen, it’s a player Unai wants and admires.

Could be a dream move, maybe even a masterstoke. If Unai can’t unlock or revive him, no one can or will.

• Like 1

Could end up being a loan with obligation to buy for €40-45m next season. That may be the compromise or final negotiation.

Doubt Atlético would agree to an option, they want a solution and end to the saga.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Who’s more desperate a, Atleti to sell or for us to sign him? Them I guess, so hopefully we can lower the fee.

28 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Seems Williams 1st and Felix 2nd choice, wonder  who is the third choice? Some random off the cuff to take us all by surprise. 

Diaby. Oh.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Who’s more desperate a, Atleti to sell or for us to sign him? Them I guess, so hopefully we can lower the fee.

According to that, we don’t have space in our wage budget for now so want to organise a loan move. So… we could agree on an initial loan with Atlético paying a share of his wages, then make it permanent the following season for, let’s say, somewhere between €35-45m . We may pay a loan fee now that is subtracted from the final fee, e.g. €5-10m now, €25-30m next season.

• Like 1

Few more sales will really help, especially anyone on high wages that we don’t need or can replace and improve on. Generate funds and free up wages.

Duran, Dendoncker and Digne primarily. Then we have options like Cash, Archer, Carlos, Moreno, Kesler, Moreno.

We can bring in more players dependent on how many sales we make…

Wondering if we’ve been partly targeting young players, to boost the squad, to pay lower (initial) wages too.

Gary Neville: "Joao Felix is a proper player, just the way he moves with the ball, it looks different. Chelsea have signed everybody, but the one player they should have an option (to buy) on, they haven't got."

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Few more sales will really help, especially anyone on high wages that we don’t need or can replace and improve on. Generate funds and free up wages.

Duran, Dendoncker and Digne primarily. Then we have options like Cash, Archer, Carlos, Moreno, Kesler, Moreno.

We can bring in more players dependent on how many sales we make…

Wondering if we’ve been partly targeting young players, to boost the squad, to pay lower (initial) wages too.

We paid such overs and reached for so many players that it’s not funny. Guess our positional standing and previous management weren’t on the same level as this one. Absolute daylight.

One or two more windows and all the heavy wages hitters will be gone and we’ll be able to make moves so much easier. 

11 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Farkkkkk me!! Kid is electric. 

we have to get this over the line. 
🍆💦

Prepare to be disappointed. 

I would bet he stays abroad somewhere.

We’ve seen how much better players like Bailey, McGinn and Watkins (all pretty much written off at some point or other or with cries for replacements) got under Unai’s coaching. He would have even more to work with (and that’s probably why he likes him so much) in this case.

At the very least, I’m sure he would improve Felix’s decision making.

Again, doubting that he would improve or even thrive here is doubting the ability of a manager who has been exceptional and remarkable ever since he arrived…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CroVillan said:

Man Utd lowered their price to £10m for Wan Bissaka. I’d be interested in him for that price if wages weren’t crazy. 

Unreal value, fabulous purchase for that

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â