Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

33 minutes ago, Tubby said:

This summers transfer dealings look roughly like this. This isn't PSR profits, but basic net dealings.

image.png.5b7e71932c04dde4bdcc421fbf517f8f.png

Notes: Diaby and Duran assumed.

We sold Sanson too, I think that was circa £3.5m wasn’t it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Because JJ “MIGHT” not be fully up to speed after his injury. We gotta spunk £60m on a similar player just incase. 

We really don’t need an attacking player that comes off the left. An attacking player that comes off the right, yeah please 

Well it looks as though Emery disagrees with you due to recent links.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

We’ve not been linked with Eze… get out of here 

But we have been linked with Felix in the 10 role. That's exactly my point. I feel Eze would be a better purchase for that position than a very inconsistent Felix.

4 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

But if the club are trying to navigate PSR restrictions then we'd want a £18m fee registered last year and a £14m fee this year that we can spread out over multiple years. So whilst it may in essence be free, from an accounts perspective it would be a signing

I'm not sure booking the full full amount in last years accounts would have been legal  ... not that it would appear to stop us :) 

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm not sure booking the full full amount in last years accounts would have been legal  ... not that it would appear to stop us :) 

So far as I understand PSR, thems the rules.

• Book profit at the moment of sale
  • Amortise fee spent over contract period

In the example of Archer. We booked the full sale value when he moved to Sheff Utd and now we amortise the fee to buy him back. They are two separate transactions.

It's a swizz, but we Monchi is playing chess whilst everyone else is playing checkers!

Edited by Tubby
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

But we have been linked with Felix in the 10 role. That's exactly my point. I feel Eze would be a better purchase for that position than a very inconsistent Felix.

Different vibes. 

Felix is forward 

Eze is an attacking midfielder with similar styles to existing players we already have. Absolute pointless signing, unless we selling JJ too

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Different vibes. 

Felix is forward 

Eze is an attacking midfielder with similar styles to existing players we already have. Absolute pointless signing, unless we selling JJ too

Eze is forward thinking too and it certainly wouldn't be a pointless signing if Emery is considering Felix. Both Eze and Felix are very similar in how they play.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Bit of a branding fail on that one.  But at least we're down to two badges at the moment,  from a previous high of 3.

It's OnBrand to be off brand

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Watching the Euros, I'm  pretty sure he's a left wing back, in which case we should probably sign him

Southgate-Beard-Title-min_1500x.thumb.jpg.deb1dfa1d8a015ec8d01c7b664ef90f6.jpg

Posted (edited)

It’s so hard to pick a starting lineup if assuming all fit… you have to leave out some real quality… we aren’t used to squad depth!! 

Emi

Konsa     Diego      Pau       Maatsen

Onana  Kamara  McGinn 

Bailey             Ollie            Rogers

Or, maybe Cash for Konsa and Konsa for Carlos…?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s so hard to pick a starting lineup if assuming all fit… you have to leave out some real quality… we aren’t used to squad depth!! 

Emi

Konsa   Diego  Pau   Maatsen

Onana  McGinn  Kamara 

Bailey          Ollie          Rogers

Or, maybe Cash for Konsa and Konsa for Carlos…?

Ramsey for Bailey

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Well it looks as though Emery disagrees with you due to recent links.

So media speculation = Unai choices

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â