Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

16 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Marca tier 1 says Felix wages are 12 million a year. 

So basically half a Digne.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Have we spent £140m this summer?

• Onana - 50
  • Maatsen - 37.5
  • Archer - 15
  • Philogene - 13.5
  • Illing Junior - 11.8+2.5
  • Barranechea - 6.7+3
  • Dobbin - 9
  • Barkley - 5

These are all approximate figures, some are probably out by a little, but generally speaking yes.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Maatsen - 37m, iling jr - 14m, barranchea - 8m, archer - 8m maybe, jaden - 13m, barkley - 5m, onana - 50m, Dobbin - 10m.

So roughly 140m ish.

Raked in roughly 140m also though, if you include Diaby.

1 minute ago, Wes said:
  • Onana - 50
  • Maatsen - 37.5
  • Archer - 15
  • Philogene - 13.5
  • Barranechea - 6.7+3
  • Dobbin - 9
  • Barkley - 5

These are all approximate figures, some are probably out by a little, but generally speaking yes.

Ah I see. Net spend is the key then.

1 minute ago, Wes said:
  • Onana - 50
  • Maatsen - 37.5
  • Archer - 15
  • Philogene - 13.5
  • Barranechea - 6.7+3
  • Dobbin - 9
  • Barkley - 5

And how much have we generated? About the same?

Definitely seem to have a strong divide between pro and anti Felix in the forum.

Put me firmly in the latter. I was skeptical of all the Diaby smoke and got proved wrong so won't repeat that mistake by saying the Felix signing won't happen but I genuinely hope we spend our resources elsewhere. He may come in and do a decent job, but he can be replaced as an "SS" by in-house options such as Morgan, Buendia etc. Morgz is also looking like a beast from his personal training regime and in pre-season so I'd prefer not to take him out the team or push him to the left for someone who despite elite talent but has habitually underperformed

For me, we either need to get even stronger defensively (i.e.  spend the same Felix money on a Kounde type upgrade) or get a proper striking option as the drop off from Ollie is alarming (would love Vitor Roque but may have missed the boat now as I think he'll go tot Saudi after Barca gave Yamal his shirt number)

Anyway, for a player we've not signed. Felix has got a lot of post about him - almost Rashica levels 🤣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Onana £50m, Maatsen £35m, Enzo and Iling-Junior £28m, Jaden £13m and whatever we spent on Dobbin and I believe about £5m on Ross  

Edited by The_Steve

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

All this talk about Felix and you just know we're miles from the mark. Think we could do better, it just screams Coutinho 2.0. Another big name who comes and barely does anything on high wages. Don't want that at the club. 

I’m one of those who don’t like big/fancy names at all. I wasn’t impressed with Coutinho before he came. I usually get interested with younger players coming which have potential. But for Felix it’s totally different, he plays in a position most teams don’t play. Issue with those players is they go to teams and managers forced to play them, where they fail. 
If we were playing 433, I would never wanted him. But as we’re playing SS, he’s the perfect player as his value is reduced much and not many buyers down there. I’ve only watched him somehow regularly at Chelsea, and I was impressed every time I saw him (not sure how people say he’s bad), the whole team was bad, even when we played them, I was only afraid from him and Chilwell. 
Missing a lot of chances isn’t always indicator to keep away, it’s actually being able to position for those chances or creating them. Watkins was missing a lot of chances, but he used to get them and fight for them. Right now his finishing improved and he has the most assists in the PL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

This summers transfer dealings look roughly like this.

This isn't PSR profits, but basic net dealings.

image.png.aa2926b574c247b0efcaf3d2e678837e.png

Wasn’t Archer’s fee split in two? £9m fee 

I'm unsure on Felix. It would be a wow signing in a way for a few reasons:

• Regular for Portugal over many years, already played in three major tournaments for them and still only 24
  • Plenty of Champions League experience at Barca, Atletico, Chelsea, Benfica and big club experience too
  • Very skillful player, would instantly be the most gifted player in our squad and probably the go-to man for creating chances
  • Perfect player for that second striker role
  • The fact he is the second most expensive teenager of all time (after Mbappe) will be good for our reputation if he stars here as other players will feel good about joining

But he also seems like a player that is all fart and no shit. I don't think his numbers are as bad as people are making out, but they're not the level of a player with as much hype as Felix.

Whether he would come I don't know, we are in the Champions League unlike the last time we were linked but I have no idea how much difference that makes to him. I suspect we wouldn't be linked in the Guardian if a deal wasn't possible so I reckon he is somewhat open to joining at least.

I wonder how much money Dortmund would ask for Malen, another player I really like. 

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wasn’t Archer’s fee split in two? £9m fee 

I took these from Transfermkt - admittedly, not always right.

Is £9m the fee, less the 30% sell on?

40 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m one of those who don’t like big/fancy names at all. I wasn’t impressed with Coutinho before he came. I usually get interested with younger players coming which have potential. But for Felix it’s totally different, he plays in a position most teams don’t play. Issue with those players is they go to teams and managers forced to play them, where they fail. 
If we were playing 433, I would never wanted him. But as we’re playing SS, he’s the perfect player as his value is reduced much and not many buyers down there. I’ve only watched him somehow regularly at Chelsea, and I was impressed every time I saw him (not sure how people say he’s bad), the whole team was bad, even when we played them, I was only afraid from him and Chilwell. 
Missing a lot of chances isn’t always indicator to keep away, it’s actually being able to position for those chances or creating them. Watkins was missing a lot of chances, but he used to get them and fight for them. Right now his finishing improved and he has the most assists in the PL.

Spot on 👏
This is what more people need to get 

Edited by Pongo Waring

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I've been told that Southampton enquired about Archer.

He must sick to death of having to put on a striped shirt the poor lad.

24 minutes ago, Tubby said:

This summers transfer dealings look roughly like this. This isn't PSR profits, but basic net dealings.

image.png.5b7e71932c04dde4bdcc421fbf517f8f.png

Notes: Diaby and Duran assumed.

Archer was an £18m transfer fee , but Sheff U only ever paid  £3m up front  , so effectively he was a loan .. presumably had they stayed up , they would have been obliged to pay the remaining balance on the 18m 

my take would be he hasn't cost us cost us £14 or £15m  to get him back , he comes back for free  ?

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Archer was an £18m transfer fee , but Sheff U only ever paid  £3m up front  , so effectively he was a loan .. presumably had they stayed up , they would have been obliged to pay the remaining balance on the 18m 

my take would be he hasn't cost us cost us £14 or £15m  to get him back , he comes back for free  ?

But if the club are trying to navigate PSR restrictions then we'd want a £18m fee registered last year and a £14m fee this year that we can spread out over multiple years. So whilst it may in essence be free, from an accounts perspective it would be a signing

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â