Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Percy.

I found the below quote interesting in that it says additions (plural).

with the club in the market for forward additions as Moussa Diaby leaves for Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Feliz seems yo be gathering momentum. Won't fully get on board Until Neil on FTLOPM does a pod on him!

He already did one 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Additions is crazy, surely?

Or, it points to Rogers and Philogene being used out wide and not in those central positions.  That MIGHT make sense... Bailey/Rogers/Philogene/Ramsey as the wide-mid/wingers with Watkins/Duran(or replacement)/Archer(?)/Diaby(or replacement)/Buendia(?) as the central options.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Additions is crazy, surely?

Or, it points to Rogers and Philogene being used out wide and not in those central positions.  That MIGHT make sense... Bailey/Rogers/Philogene/Ramsey as the wide-mid/wingers with Watkins/Duran(or replacement)/Archer(?)/Diaby(or replacement)/Buendia(?) as the central options.

Or it could just mean we have a squad of players that can play in various positions, giving Emery options based on form, injuries, suspensions or footballing chemistry as the season develops.  We don’t have to pigeon hole some players in one position/area.

14 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Very investing, this assumes also that Durán is close to leaving too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Or it could just mean we have a squad of players that can play in various positions, giving Emery options based on form, injuries, suspensions or footballing chemistry as the season develops.  We don’t have to pigeon hole some players in one position/area.

We don’t - but the team presumably has an idea of what type of player they’d want in each role rather than “attackers” and using them fluidly. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone able to link the whole article?

I ain't paying no Telegraph sub. Nobody puts Delphinho in the corner. 

Here’s a little trick, if you want to read behind a paywall; go to the website and in the url address bar, in front of the http:// type:

archive.is/

so the full thing will look like:

archive.is/http://www.telegraph… and so on.

You can then view the page for free.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

https://archive.is/isFGR

Aston Villa are considering a move for Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix but will have to strike a suitable financial package for any deal to advance.

Portugal international Felix is among a list of high-profile targets for Unai Emery as Villa prepare for the Champions League this season, with the club in the market for forward additions as Moussa Diaby leaves for Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad.

Villa have already spent around £140 million this summer and while managing to offload a number of high earners including Douglas Luiz and Philippe Coutinho, are determined to comply with financial controls.

The total cost for Felix, including his wages and loan fee, is understood to be significant and it is inevitable that Villa will have to find a compromise with Atletico for any deal to progress.
Felix agreed a salary cut last season to push through a loan move to Barcelona yet is understood to have received a hefty pay rise in the last campaign.

The 24-year-old has already experienced the Premier League after spending the second half of the 2022/23 season on loan at Chelsea.

Villa have also been long-term admirers of Athletic Bilbao’s Nico Williams, who impressed for Euro 2024 winners Spain, but recognise that they face huge competition to sign him.

Diaby is set to complete his £50 million move to Al-Ittihad later this week, after Villa agreed a deal in principle to sell the attacker after just one season.

Signed for an initial £34 million from Bayer Leverkusen last summer, Diaby endured a mixed season and the offer was regarded as too good to turn down.

Villa will confirm the club record £50 million capture of Amadou Onana from Everton in the next few days, after the Belgium international started his medical on Sunday.

Edited by The_Steve

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Here’s a little trick, if you want to read behind a paywall; go to the website and in the url address bar, in front of the http:// type:

archive.is/

so the full thing will look like:

archive.is/http://www.telegraph… and so on.

You can then view the page for free.

Blocked at work as "Russian" :D 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

If they get over the financial barriers and genuinely want Felix, I will of course support it. He’s an enigma and someone who could massively improve under Unai. I’m a sceptic, but that we are debating this speaks volume about where we are now. Monchi and Unai are cooking up something special either way. 

Sceptic here as well. I don't like us signing players I feel is on a downward trajectory. 

Having said that I would also have said the same thing about Odegaard. And maybe this move is exactly what he needs. It's not easy to justify a £100m+ transfer fee when you're still in your teens. Now he should be more mature and is moving in to his best football years. And we're not the world's most high profile club (yet). I think we have a better chance than most others to actually get him near to his full potential. We're an actual real football club, not a circus.

So sceptic, but I don't think he's a new Couthino. We've progressed since the days where players like that would come here for one last paycheck and their mind elsewhere. He would be joining an ambitious club, already in the Champions League. It's not a retirement home for lazy has beens anymore.

But I guess it's not that big gamble. We can probably still move him on if he doesn't make it here.

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We don’t - but the team presumably has an idea of what type of player they’d want in each role rather than “attackers” and using them fluidly. 

Maybe, maybe not! We know that Emery likes players that can play in multiple roles. 

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

https://archive.is/isFGR

Aston Villa are considering a move for Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix but will have to strike a suitable financial package for any deal to advance.

Portugal international Felix is among a list of high-profile targets for Unai Emery as Villa prepare for the Champions League this season, with the club in the market for forward additions as Moussa Diaby leaves for Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad.

Villa have already spent around £140 million this summer and while managing to offload a number of high earners including Douglas Luiz and Philippe Coutinho, are determined to comply with financial controls.

The total cost for Felix, including his wages and loan fee, is understood to be significant and it is inevitable that Villa will have to find a compromise with Atletico for any deal to progress.
Felix agreed a salary cut last season to push through a loan move to Barcelona yet is understood to have received a hefty pay rise in the last campaign.

The 24-year-old has already experienced the Premier League after spending the second half of the 2022/23 season on loan at Chelsea.

Villa have also been long-term admirers of Athletic Bilbao’s Nico Williams, who impressed for Euro 2024 winners Spain, but recognise that they face huge competition to sign him.

Diaby is set to complete his £50 million move to Al-Ittihad later this week, after Villa agreed a deal in principle to sell the attacker after just one season.

Signed for an initial £34 million from Bayer Leverkusen last summer, Diaby endured a mixed season and the offer was regarded as too good to turn down.

Villa will confirm the club record £50 million capture of Amadou Onana from Everton in the next few days, after the Belgium international started his medical on Sunday.

Have we spent £140m this summer?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â