Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Oh FFS, more like 125k pw.

How many times?

Prior to joining Barcelona, Felix put pen to paper on a new long-term deal with Atletico that will keep him at the club until 2029.

This contract also included a pay reduction of 50 per cent for the period 2024-29.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12481599/amp/Joao-Felix-receive-staggeringly-LOW-salary-Barcelona-season-taking-huge-pay-cut-force-loan-Atletico-Madrid.html

He was reportedly on €280-290k a week so a 50% cut would be a €22m reduction over the remaining 3 years of his original contract... no one would volunteer to forfeit that much money so even if the 50% "pay cut" is true, my guess is the outstanding amount has just been restructured to be owed to him elsewhere in bonuses and loyalty payments etc, the tab would have be picked up by someone hence why Fabrizio is saying the finances are an issue

All this talk about Felix and you just know we're miles from the mark. Think we could do better, it just screams Coutinho 2.0. Another big name who comes and barely does anything on high wages. Don't want that at the club. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Joao Felix Bingo:

- Another Coutinho

- High Wages

- Attitude Problems

- Was Rubbish At Barcelona

FULL HOUSE!

BINNNGGGOOOOOO.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

All this talk about Felix and you just know we're miles from the mark. Think we could do better, it just screams Coutinho 2.0. Another big name who comes and barely does anything on high wages. Don't want that at the club. 

That’s the essential gamble with Felix. 

all that skill and promise, but’s he’s underperformed everywhere he’s been at. Will we get the same 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That’s the essential gamble with Felix. 

all that skill and promise, but’s he’s underperformed everywhere he’s been at. Will we get that same 

Historically isn’t that Emery type of player he’s successful with.  I’m not sure either but if anybody can get him going it’s Emery.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Historically isn’t that Emery type of player he’s successful with.  I’m not sure either but if anybody can get him going it’s Emery.

Which players is that based on? Not saying it's wrong, just wondering which players it's based on.

With Félix, I can almost guarantee you that Emery and Monchi are not looking at his goals and assists and basing their decision on that.  Our recruitment is data driven, and Félix has stats similar to 60-70m players:

IMG-0535.jpg

If we can get him for 30-40m, then he’s undervalued. As he is comparable to more expensive players statistically.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That is correct, and my only hope if we sign him. Emery turns him in to the world beater he was always meant to be 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Which players is that based on? Not saying it's wrong, just wondering which players it's based on.

Townley just posted the same thing… 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

With Félix, I can almost guarantee you that Emery and Monchi are not looking at his goals and assists and basing their decision on that.  Our recruitment is data driven, and Félix has stats similar to 60-70m players:

IMG-0535.jpg

If we can get him for 30-40m, then he’s undervalued. As he is comparable to more expensive players statistically.

Also Felix plays the second striker role much better than Eze etc. And second striker is what we need!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Any names?

His whole villareal team pretty much.

Not many people would expect to see Etienne Capoue or Francis Coquelin in a UCL Semi final 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

His whole villareal team pretty much.

Not many people would expect to see Etienne Capoue or Francis Coquelin in a UCL Semi final 

OK you mean just improving players and getting the best out of a squad. Then yeah absolutely. Thought it was about fixing broken players and rebuilding careers.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

IMG-0535.jpg

I agree that Emery / Monchi will be making this decision based on a ton of different insight, including the type of data that you mention, as well as factoring in style of play, fit in the system etc. I don't think his goal and assist stats are as bad as people make out though, when you look at minutes played.

Some rough maths using Whoscored suggests that he's averaged a goal or assist every 127 mins throughout his career. Last season, only Watkins, Bailey, Duran, and Diaby (but only marginally) bettered this. The club will know what they're doing and, if we sign Felix, I fully expect Emery to take him up a level or three so that he produces much better goal and assist returns in future.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â