Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

41 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yeah I think it could well be a loan with mandatory buy option. Large loan fee to deduct off the eventual purchase price.

I can’t see us signing up to a mandatory clause. If we are trying to cut again next summer for PSR reasons the last thing we need is a mandatory signing we potentially might not want. 

On the plus side I’d love to see Felix in a Villa shirt wearing the No 9! We a really are shopping in a different market right now! 

• Like 2

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s a take, and I can somewhat agree with. 

but Villa are still not super attractive to the worlds best, so it’s a punt on Getting Felix to the level he was meant to be 

or we try and find the next superstar winger/ss

How many has he created? Genuinely don’t know.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

His best assist season was 7, at Benfica. Since then it’s 3/4s

You'd like to think that would mean he can be persuaded to take a further salary drop from his current AM salary,

Then overload it with incentives that if he hits them get him back to the 200k mark.

Win win, as if he does that we'll likely also be flying at the top of the league. 

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Weather we sign Felix or not, we will still need to replace the 38 G+A that Luiz and Diaby got us last season.

Felix could be a smokescreen for what Monchi is cooking.

Good point, well made.

56 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yes, a possible option, even Romano acknowledges the steep financial barriers. I’m just not convinced it’s a goer. 

You were spot on about Diaby tbf

On a plus side to my negativity. 
I feel like he’s a similar kind of player to Kai Havertz. Random/vague attacking players that’s played in systems that don’t have a real role for them. Until the SS role is now back in vogue. Havertz had a great season playing that way, and I’m sure Felix could do well in a SS role too. Fortunately, Emery’s system works well with SS players 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Luiz is not an attacking midfielder though

I’ve specifically been told on this forum that numbers don’t matter, it’s about the eye test and whether “they are a good player” or not. Numbers mean nothing. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

I’ve specifically been told on this forum that numbers don’t matter, it’s about the eye test and whether “they are a good player” or not. Numbers mean nothing. 

Digital art gif. A corded microphone drops down and thuds onto the shaded floor. Text appears as the mic hits the floor, "Boom."

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Weather we sign Felix or not, we will still need to replace the 38 G+A that Luiz and Diaby got us last season.

Felix could be a smokescreen for what Monchi is cooking.

Sure do. New penalty, corner and free-kick takers need to be sorted as well.

We can scratch five off that 38 from Doug's pens last year as well.

We went short quite often from corners as a smaller side, that might mean a few more assists from direct corners.

If they get over the financial barriers and genuinely want Felix, I will of course support it. He’s an enigma and someone who could massively improve under Unai. I’m a sceptic, but that we are debating this speaks volume about where we are now. Monchi and Unai are cooking up something special either way. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Luiz is not an attacking midfielder though

He's still a creative player, and was on the majority of our set pieces the last few season, yet season past could only muster 5 assists in the league.  

I wasn't comparing them directly anyway, more so pointing out that stats alone can be misleading.  I prefer the eye test.

It's a weird one with Felix, can almost call it a win-win whether he's signed or isn't because there's such a list of pros and cons to him. I get similar vibes to Asensio last summer though, we're obviously interested but it's a tricky one to make happen and the player himself would prefer a different move so will gladly string Villa along to see if that transpires. Then in terms of on the pitch the talent is there only rarely reflected in consistent performance, but the space for him in the starting eleven is almost tailor-made to get the best out of his qualities.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â