Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Perhaps, but he did join Chelsea. We're now a more attractive footballing proposition with CL football. 

Who knows. 

A loan is different and so are Chelsea. Chelsea are an established big big club. Villa are growing, but still very much a tier below the Chelseas the Barcelonas, the Athleticos. It seems like Felix has his rod out for one of the “breakaway 12” clubs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Fair enough, shouldn’t have assumed. I apologise. 

No worries. A lot gets lost via text and I appreciate your contributions too. I’ve certainly made mistakes too - I’m just glad that we can debate and discuss these things in a good way. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I have no idea of who Unai and Monchi are trying to sign as a 'Diaby' replacement, or if they are happy to go with the extra numbers we now have including  Buendia and Ramsey returning. I'll just wait patiently to see what happens. 

I'm focussing on where I believe we still need to make changes. I love Matty Cash but it seems clear that his lack of technique may exclude him from Unai's future plans. I'm really impressed with what I've seen of Kosta Nedeljkovic and expect him to play a part in next seasons large number of games, but it's too much to expect him to dominate the RB position for 50 plus games. Konsa can share that load but my hope is that we will target someone of the stature of Denzil Dumfries if Cash is sold.

Dumfries would help solve our well documented aerial weakness both in defence and at set pieces both ends of the pitch. Points saved, and points earned .... onwards and upwards.

Dumfries can be quite the clumsy oaf… rather we didn’t.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Atletico are desperate to get rid of Felix so they can register their new signings. In a similar hole as Barca. No way should we pay what they are asking if it's anything close to €60m.

Offer them a Spurs deal.   £10m and a Dendoncker.  Throw in a Hause if they get moody.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A loan is different and so are Chelsea. Chelsea are an established big big club. Villa are growing, but still very much a tier below the Chelseas the Barcelonas, the Athleticos. It seems like Felix has his rod out for one of the “breakaway 12” clubs. 

But we have

spacer.png

Just now, Jas10 said:

But we have

spacer.png

That is a plus, so is CL football, so is a detached house in Sutton Coldfield  

but all 3 could be gone 2 season down the line. Does Felix want that gamble?

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Dunno, ask him.

🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What happens to the house? 💥 

Weather we sign Felix or not, we will still need to replace the 38 G+A that Luiz and Diaby got us last season.

Felix could be a smokescreen for what Monchi is cooking.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The follow up tweet from the club account is more uninteresting players back in training gumf. What an anti climax.

I'm interested in what Hause and Dendoncker are doing! 😝

It’s a take, and I can somewhat agree with. 

but Villa are still not super attractive to the worlds best, so it’s a punt on Getting Felix to the level he was meant to be 

or we try and find the next superstar winger/ss

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â