Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, CVByrne said:

He's shown he will take a lay cut to move so he can play football. He knows nobody will pay him the wage he's on at Atletico. I'm sure we can offer around £140/150k.per week 

£200k per week is still a lot for our structures. It’s not impossible we cannot do it. I’m not convinced that we will. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's shown he will take a lay cut to move so he can play football. He knows nobody will pay him the wage he's on at Atletico. I'm sure we can offer around £140/150k.per week 

Yep, don’t think the finances are so much an issue as whether Felix actually wants the move. Convincing him would seemingly be the greatest challenge here…

And we wouldn’t make a move unless Unai wanted him. Must rate him highly if he chooses him over other targets/alternatives/names and believe he can get the best out of him.

Just now, Jas10 said:

Yep, don’t think the finances are so much an issue as whether Felix actually wants the move. Convincing him would seemingly be the greatest challenge here…

And we wouldn’t make a move unless Unai wanted him. Must rate him highly if he chooses him over other targets/alternatives/names and believe he can get the best out of him.

I think the finances will be an issue in terms of we probably aren’t willing to pay the asking price for a straight up purchase, €60m.

Can't see the Felix deal happening, even with the wage cut. Rather put the focus elsewhere, a more likely option. 

I'd love us to go and challenge Barca for Williams, think he's brilliant. But not likely either. I'm surprised Barca can compete for him given they are still dealing with financial issues. If they can't afford Felix's wages that must mean Williams is a cheaper option and would be a better choice imo. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Mendes still trying to get Felix to Barca 

Aston Villa is interested in João Félix.

Unai Emery is a great admirer of Portuguese.

Jorge Mendes also continues to work on the Barça route despite the difficulties on the formula between the clubs.

Atlético right now just wants to sell it.

I wonder if that spoke screen is for Alex Baena?

Barcelona not a million miles away from where he would be based in spain if thats where that flight headed last night

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Mendes still trying to get Felix to Barca 

Just out of interest—why do you instantly believe that but rubbish the other report?

Is it a case of you just say it’s rubbish because you don’t want it to happen? Genuinely curious.

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think the finances will be an issue in terms of we probably aren’t willing to pay the asking price for a straight up purchase, €60m.

Ok, I’ll accept that. Negotiating an agreeable fee may be a challenge… but I doubt the wages will. But Atlético also have to be willing to compromise to find a permanent solution for this long standing problem.

Dream scenario is a Duran swap but that sounds unrealistic now, even if they were previously linked. Cash?

Maybe loan with option or even obligation is the way we will go, will have to be negotiated but… it’s in their interest to get something sorted, especially if they don’t want him back during preseason. They can’t afford to be all that stubborn and may need to drop their demands further…

This is all if we are even in for him 😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Seems to me if Atletico are desperate to sell, and Felix is desperate for a move, then we have the stronger hand; "Here's what were offering, you don't like it we walk away"

I watched a lil of that Monchi masterclass series on YouTube 

he gets asked a question in the last episode about players being out of his price range, his answer was basically they get filtered out early and he wouldn’t entertain to try and negotiate for/with that player. 

if Villa are interested now, then Felix made it through the filter. We probably could afford his fee/wages. The real issue is, how interested is he in joining Villa. I suspect not much

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Just out of interest—why do you instantly believe that but rubbish the other report?

Is it a case of you just say it’s rubbish because you don’t want it to happen? Genuinely curious.

You see a lot of this on VillaTalk. Bizarre. Like when all the rumours of Diaby to Saudi were surfacing - 'oh, they can't possibly be accurate'.

Human nature I suppose, believe what you wanna believe. 

We're clearly interested in Felix. God knows if it will happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Why do you assume that? I’m just sharing for information. He’s adding to the story, I am always a little sceptical of most stories. 

Just now, duke313 said:

Seems to me if Atletico are desperate to sell, and Felix is desperate for a move, then we have the stronger hand; "Here's what were offering, you don't like it we walk away"

If Felix wants the move… yeah, we are in a strong bargaining position.

Atlético need to find a solution, can’t keep going on like this. 

3 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I wonder if that spoke screen is for Alex Baena?

Barcelona not a million miles away from where he would be based in spain if thats where that flight headed last night

Isn't he in Paris with the Spanish Olympic squad?

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I watched a lil of that Monchi masterclass series on YouTube 

he gets asked a question in the last episode about players being out of his price range, his answer was basically they get filtered out early and he wouldn’t entertain to try and negotiate for/with that player. 

if Villa are interested now, then Felix made it through the filter. We probably could afford his fee/wages. The real issue is, how interested is he in joining Villa. I suspect not much

Perhaps, but he did join Chelsea. We're now a more attractive footballing proposition with CL football. 

Who knows. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Why do you assume that? I’m just sharing for information. He’s adding to the story, I am always a little sceptical of most stories. 

Fair enough, shouldn’t have assumed. I apologise. 

I have no idea of who Unai and Monchi are trying to sign as a 'Diaby' replacement, or if they are happy to go with the extra numbers we now have including  Buendia and Ramsey returning. I'll just wait patiently to see what happens. 

I'm focussing on where I believe we still need to make changes. I love Matty Cash but it seems clear that his lack of technique may exclude him from Unai's future plans. I'm really impressed with what I've seen of Kosta Nedeljkovic and expect him to play a part in next seasons large number of games, but it's too much to expect him to dominate the RB position for 50 plus games. Konsa can share that load but my hope is that we will target someone of the stature of Denzil Dumfries if Cash is sold.

Dumfries would help solve our well documented aerial weakness both in defence and at set pieces both ends of the pitch. Points saved, and points earned .... onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â