Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

19 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yes and in addition to that he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about with politics either - just the usual Daily Mail BS. 

He’s been off the mark on the first two but they say luck comes in trees

• Thanks 1

Felix at the right transfer/salary, under Emery, is a worthwhile punt if he can get over the Barcelona thing. It could be exceptional. Emery clearly sees an Emery kind of player in him, as he does with Pau, and for the project to be a success Emery is going to be needing his kind of players. 

If that’s the route we go down we need to trust their better judgement. He won’t be a player in a situation that has been signed by the Sporting Director for a Coach to work with, it’s who the Coach admires and wants first and foremost.

Edited by thunderball

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

is felix your favourite "realistic" player that we've been linked to or just outright favourite?

id take williams or olmo over him but dont see either as realistic, id take a punt on gloukh over him but think we're past that with this squad, id take yildiz over him but dont see that happening as we've dealt with juve, wouldnt take chiesa but he's the same, bardghji is injured and again probably too young and needs time

so maybe we're down to felix or simons and I'm not sure how id feel about either of those, don't think either are a guaranteed home run

In terms of realistic I'd have him as my top choice in terms of gettable. He is very experienced and still young. Emery is the master of taking a player who is underperforming their talent and getting them to hit new highs. I think his ability to play as the second striker and as the No9 if we need to is a big plus for our squad.

So for me, this is an Emery special. He's the right player for the system and our squad. It raises our profile even further and his signature could help us recruit in the future too. 

• Like 3

So assuming Onana is 100% in, and Diany is 100% out, what's left?

Sell/loan: Digne or Moreno, Cash, Donk, Archer, Duran.

In: RB or CB (depending on Konsa position), MC (maybe), no.10, striker.

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Were we not trying to sell carlos few weeks back?

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We need to trim the squad for CL.  One of Digne or Moreno will have to go, we don;t need 3 left backs. Donk, Cash will stay unless we get an offer, same with Carlos.  Archer loan or sell.

7 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Would people be happy with duran out for 40mill and Semih Kiliçsoy in for 30mill?

'Raging' Semih is definitely an interesting target as he looks like a hell of a prospect at 18. I wouldn't mind at all but we shouldn't be paying more than 30m Euros. 

If we are looking at Barcelona players, then maybe we're going back in for Ferran Torres. If they want to make space and get some money for Williams, he might be available for a decent price and he has that versatility that Emery likes. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Just because the plane came straight back, doesn’t mean whoever was on it did too. Might have been dropping Monchi off for a weeks worth of negotiations or equally picking him up! 

Or picking someone up to bring back for a medical :D 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â