Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

No negotitions with Barcelona, unless it's for the women's team or for a non-playing member of staff that's already been agreed.

39 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He is apparently one of the young bright things in football.... I know very little about him though, I don't watch Turkish football :D

Me neither, but I looked at a couple of highlights reels and can't say I'm very impressed. Looks quite skillful burt the opposition didn't look too bright.

33 minutes ago, useless said:

No negotitions with Barcelona, unless it's for the women's team or for a non-playing member of staff that's already been agreed.

How would you know?

24 minutes ago, BigJim said:

Me neither, but I looked at a couple of highlights reels and can't say I'm very impressed. Looks quite skillful burt the opposition didn't look too bright.

Turkish league is pretty dire so the opposition would be bad.

Everyone at Barca fully focused on Williams deal, no other negotiations for any other players taking place.  Therefore I would guess If this plane thing is anything, it will either be for the women's team, a non-playing member of staff, or something not connected to FC Barcelona, maybe another team in the area, or a player who has connection to the region but isn't a Barca player, or probably most likely it's nothing at all, as tends to be the case with these rumours based on plane movement, I don't think anyone got the inside dope based on such activity since Houllier appointment

Edited by useless

4 hours ago, rubberman said:

I can't help but be a bit sad about Diaby and Luiz moving on. I know the reasons and all that. Just feels a bit like the post-Dean/Jack time.

Last season was so amazing and (while I know we need to keep moving forward) it seems a shame not to have some of the core to be with us pushing on this season. 

Feeling a bit nostalgic as have been clearing 20years of crap out of the garage. Sorry - as you were... 

totally different. I might agree on the Luiz loss, but we were already weakened even with him after Kamara injury. During Smith days, Grealish was the team. DS without Grealish had a real horrible times. During Championship we’ve only won 2 out of 13 when he was injured. We’ve regressed a lot after his injury 2020-21. So in reality we can’t compare a one player team/manager to Unai team. 
We’ve won 3 and drew 1 without Luiz. Yes we had a bad performance Brentford away, but life goes on. Totally different than being clueless without Jack. 
Then it’s not as we didn’t add to our team. Without Kamara we were going to suffer anyway, we’ve added Onana and Enzo both can help. We’ve already got Tielemans. Barkley if needed. 
Diaby wasn’t a starter all games, definitely wasn’t planned to start most games this season. Again it’s not as we haven’t replaced him. We’ve already got JP, Iling and Ramsey, Buendia coming back. Then Rogers who have began last season with us. 
We’re definitely much better than our team post Man Utd home. Now it’s a case of how to be better than how we began last season. We could already be, but still we need to do more work.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, useless said:

Everyone at Barca fully focused on Williams deal, no other negotiations for any other players taking place.  Therefore I would guess If this plane thing is anything, it will either be for the women's team, a non-playing member of staff, or something not connected to FC Barcelona, maybe another team in the area, or a player who has connection to the region but isn't a Barca player, or probably most likely it's nothing at all, as tends to be the case with these rumours based on plane movement, I don't think anyone got the inside dope based on such activity since Houllier appointment

Fully focused… as in trying to get a loan to buy Williams, because Barca’s poorer than a church mouse whose wife Mrs mouse ran off with all the cheese? 

How is it you came by the current inner workings of that football club? 

I don’t prefer to get any deal from Barca (loans might be ok though). Gladly we don’t have to as well. We don’t need overpriced players especially on high levels which are regressing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

How do you know this useless? Just out of interest. Connections within the club, privy to the meetings and conversing that took place? 

6 hours ago, Awol said:

I really hope it’s Kounde. Last season in La Liga he played 20 games at RB, 15 at RCB. In Champions League 4 games at RB and 4 at CB.  Ripped it up for France in the Euros at RB.

Kills two birds with one stone and a starting back four of Maatsen - Torres - Konsa - Kounde massively upgrades the weakest area of the team last season. And.. he’s only 25. 

We are not signing a player currently on 250k a week and is refusing take a wage cut from Barca

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are not signing a player currently on 250k a week and is refusing take a wage cut from Barca

We certainly wouldn’t be paying him that, no. Same as we wouldn’t be paying Felix €400k pw if he joined. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Awol said:

We certainly wouldn’t be paying him that, no. Same as we wouldn’t be paying Felix €400k pw if he joined. 

Felix already reduced his wages to 125+ as what we read here. So it’s different.

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Felix already reduced his wages to 125+ as what we read here. So it’s different.

He only reduced his wages to play for Barcelona as that was his dream club

12 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The point is the moment of absolute lunacy in wage structure that was introduced by a handful of clubs is passing. Those players who benefited from it but still wish to progress their careers elsewhere, will have to adjust their salary expectations to fit the new financial reality. 

Or, they can run down their current contracts where they are.

29 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Chelsea were paying at least £250-270k per week to cover his loan, we don’t be doing that either. 

Edited by The_Steve

Sounds like we'll be pretty active over the next few days, so it'll be interesting. I think we'll be targeting someone we aren't being linked with. Hope we aren't interested in Raphinia, because I don't rate him at all. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â