Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The problem with clips is how selective they are: highlights from him against Fulham, West Ham, Dortmund, Leeds and Everton tells us not a whole lot. No doubting his talent, but as a showreel, less so.

Good thing for us is that Barca is an incredibly leaky and scrutinised club, so if we are there to speak to them, we will likely know about it tomorrow.

Gerard Romero and the like will be all over this as soon as there's the hint of something.

They're all in on covering everything Nico Williams related right now.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

This is probably the worst Brazil team ever or close to it and also not a good Barcelona team. 

And yet we all loved Luiz who doesn’t start for Brazil. How bad must that guy be!

• Like 1

It could be a player for the women's team, we already signed Paula Tomas from Spain, another player from that beautiful country to help her settle might not be out of the question. And now is the time where you might see some movement as teams look to get deals done just before pre-season starts

Edited by useless

3 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I just don't think he's the right profile of player we need. He's more of a right winger. We have Bailey and Philogene there.
We need a central Forward/Creative attacker 

Hmm. Fair, but he kinda is the right profile isn’t he if we’re looking for a replacement for Diaby. He’s quick, hard working and is a left footed right sided attacking player.

I too think we need a central no. 10 style player, agreed. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling we'll sign Raphinia, but I don't think he's a big upgrade on Diaby tbh for the profile of player we need. But obviously just guessing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Good shout that 

Was hoping for someone like Pablo Torre - but he’s just back in training from surgery - can play all across the line. So I don’t know about that now. Had a good loan with Girona - huge talent. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just out of interest, why? 

Good player when he's really at it, but a lot of leeds fans that I knew said he was very 'throw his toys out of the pram' and possibility didnt trun up consistently enough. Strikes me as more out and out winger rather than the SS we are looking for. 

Also of course, my abbsolute hatred of Leeds United might be a factor

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I have a feeling we'll sign Raphinia, but I don't think he's a big upgrade on Diaby tbh for the profile of player we need. But obviously just guessing. 

That's a dream. Raphina is class, defo upgrade on Diaby. Well never get him.

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And yet we all loved Luiz who doesn’t start for Brazil. How bad must that guy be!

No I think you’re out of date, the narrative on here now is Doug wasn’t very good apparently ;)

31 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t want to get too far into this as I banged on about it the other day so don’t want to bore people - but whatever he does it’s nothing to do with gametime. He’s one of their key players. He starts 80% of their games (30+ in the PL, 50+ in the season). He wants a bigger contract than they offered and/or to sign for Real Madrid, simple as that. But yes, obviously would be an incredible signing.

Ok, I’ll try n shut up about it now 😆

Btw, what’s he on atm?

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The problem with clips is how selective they are: highlights from him against Fulham, West Ham, Dortmund, Leeds and Everton tells us not a whole lot. No doubting his talent, but as a showreel, less so.

We at least get a glimpse of what Unai could work with and extract more of…

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Could also be a random name like Fermin Lopez - can play as a 10 or out wide. 

I really hope it’s Kounde. Last season in La Liga he played 20 games at RB, 15 at RCB. In Champions League 4 games at RB and 4 at CB.  Ripped it up for France in the Euros at RB.

Kills two birds with one stone and a starting back four of Maatsen - Torres - Konsa - Kounde massively upgrades the weakest area of the team last season. And.. he’s only 25. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Good player when he's really at it, but a lot of leeds fans that I knew said he was very 'throw his toys out of the pram' and possibility didnt trun up consistently enough. Strikes me as more out and out winger rather than the SS we are looking for. 

Also of course, my abbsolute hatred of Leeds United might be a factor

If he threw his toys out of the pram while having to play for Leeds…

well, that’s exactly the kind of guy we should welcome!

😁

Can at least enjoy the seething rage from Leeds fans if he becomes a Villa player 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

I really hope it’s Kounde. Last season in La Liga he played 20 games at RB, 15 at RCB. In Champions League 4 games at RB and 4 at CB.  Ripped it up for France in the Euros at RB.

Kills two birds with one stone and a starting back four of Maatsen - Torres - Konsa - Kounde massively upgrades the weakest area of the team last season. And.. he’s only 25. 

We were linked early on in the window… would you class him as a dominant CB?

That certainly looks like a CL level defence… would it be better with Kounde (better in the air?) and Konsa’s roles reversed though?

Edited by Jas10

Fermin is  outstanding , i'd take him over Felix, or Raphina or ferran... Xavi trusted him last season often starting him or putting him on as sub ahead of Felix.

he's quality and has a fantastic work ethic.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â