Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ll be ok with a kid there called Lamine Yamal.  He’s only 17 years old but in a few years time I think he could break into our first team.  He’s one to look out for in the future mark my words…

Prospect indeed, needs to up his stats to catch Steero113’s eye though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ll be ok with a kid there called Lamine Yamal.  He’s only 17 years old but in a few years time I think he could break into our first team.  He’s one to look out for in the future mark my words…

Bit like when we got Louie Barry off them

Done it before 

• Haha 2

**** it.

Let's sell Duran, Moreno, Dendoncker and Diego Carlos and use that money, along with the Diaby money, to bring in Nico Williams, Semih Kilicsoy and a top class young CB (and also Kayode).

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I can't help but be a bit sad about Diaby and Luiz moving on. I know the reasons and all that. Just feels a bit like the post-Dean/Jack time.

Last season was so amazing and (while I know we need to keep moving forward) it seems a shame not to have some of the core to be with us pushing on this season. 

Feeling a bit nostalgic as have been clearing 20years of crap out of the garage. Sorry - as you were... 

I know where you are coming from, but its just football today. Just moving players on for financial jiggery-pokery. I have no doubt that Luiz would be here if it wasn't for the PSR rules. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Groundhog day Jas 😂👍

What, the defence? I won’t stop until I see a signing!! 😆

Your Groundhog Day is Xavi Simons 😆

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Use the money from Moussa and Duran to go all out for Leao.... 👀

Likely would fail.... But ijs...

Said it before we should use the reported interest in Durán & Matty Cash - even Carlos to bring down the fee for Leao … 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

**** it.

Let's sell Duran, Moreno, Dendoncker and Diego Costa and use that money, along with the Diaby money, to bring in Nico Williams, Semih Kilicsoy and a top class young CB (and also Kayode).

I could get over my sadness with this. 

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

**** it.

Let's sell Duran, Moreno, Dendoncker and Diego Costa and use that money, along with the Diaby money, to bring in Nico Williams, Semih Kilicsoy and a top class young CB (and also Kayode).

Is that you Rigo?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

I can't help but be a bit sad about Diaby and Luiz moving on. I know the reasons and all that. Just feels a bit like the post-Dean/Jack time.

Last season was so amazing and (while I know we need to keep moving forward) it seems a shame not to have some of the core to be with us pushing on this season. 

Feeling a bit nostalgic as have been clearing 20years of crap out of the garage. Sorry - as you were... 

I get it (I felt the Dougie loss) but… we’ve not messed with all that much really and already have a stronger squad and more options. The only player we’ve lost from our strongest side/11 is Luiz.

Not sure what you mean by the bolded bit. At first glance, it seems like quite the exaggeration. 

Every other player is still with us (and we have a few returning who were barely involved last season - JJ, Buendia, Mings - who have been a huge part of our journey and success).

Diaby didn’t even play in some of our best victories and performances, such as against City and Arsenal.

We still have Emi, Ollie, Pau, Konsa, Bailey, McGinn, Kamara and many others… they’re not going anywhere.

Maybe I’ve misinterpreted your post, apologies if so.

Tbf or tbh, this is a world away from the Deano and Jack days (we are in a much better position, have a much better manager and staff, much better team and squad overall and are truly progressing and challenging)… had we lost Emi, Ollie or Bailey… maybe then I would’ve felt like back then but I’m more excited about what we’re building and where we’re heading.

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, Wes said:

I wasn't going to post this, because it is absolutely baseless speculation, but sometimes people seem to like that on here! So with that notes from the start....

The private jet that went to Senegal when they sent a delegation to speak to Onana whilst he was on holiday, and that was also in Slovakia at the weekend (I assume for the pre-season game or it's a huge coincidence), tonight flew to Barcelona (via Mallorca yesterday).

I think we may try for Nico now Diaby has gone, but I don't think he wants to leave Spain.

My suspicion is we may end up funding Barca's purchase of Nico - We have been linked to Fermin and Kounde this spring. Ferran we were supposedly interested in last summer. They are trying to offload Vitor Roque too. Any of those seem possible options.

We have also been linked to raphinha recently. Girona isn't that far from Barcelona either so maybe we might be interested in one of their players as well.

Aston Villa offered 30 million Euros to Beşiktaş for Semih Kılıçsoy.

The translated headline called us giants!

Premier League giants insist on Semih Kılıçsoy! New offer on the way

The insistence of the suitors of Beşiktaş's young star Semih Kılıçsoy continues. Aston Villa, one of the well-established clubs of the Premier League, is preparing to make a new offer to the black and whites for the national footballer. Here are the details...

Semih Kılıçsoy is one of the most curious names in Beşiktaş. Beşiktaş's young star continues to be on the agenda in England.

ASTON VILLA STEPPED IN

Aston Villa has now stepped in for Semih, who was previously on Fulham's list. The Premier League team's offer to Beşiktaş created excitement in the Island.

https://www.aksam.com.tr/spor/premier-lig-devinde-semih-kilicsoy-israri-yeni-teklif-yolda/haber-1490968

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I get it (I felt the Dougie loss) but… we’ve not messed with all that much really and already have a stronger squad and more options. The only player we’ve lost from our strongest side/11 is Luiz.

Not sure what you mean by the bolded bit. At first glance, it seems like quite the exaggeration. 

Every other player is still with us (and we have a few returning who were barely involved last season - JJ, Buendia, Mings - who have been a huge part of our journey and success).

Diaby didn’t even play in some of our best victories and performances, such as against City and Arsenal.

We still have Emi, Ollie, Pau, Konsa, Bailey, McGinn, Kamara and many others… they’re not going anywhere.

Maybe I’ve misinterpreted your post, apologies if so.

Tbf or tbh, this is a world away from the Deano and Jack days (we are in a much better position, have a much better manager and staff, much better team and squad overall and are truly progressing and challenging)… had we lost Emi, Ollie or Bailey… maybe then I would’ve felt like back then but I’m more excited about what we’re building and where we’re heading.

Luiz played more than pretty much anyone esle, Diaby played in every league game - start or sub. They were both really key to our season. That's all - no biggie. OK with moving onwards and upwards - that's football today. As I said, just having a nostalgic moment. 

I'll be well over it as we kick off the new season. 

• Like 1

Just now, rubberman said:

Luiz played more than pretty much anyone esle, Diaby played in every league game - start or sub. They were both really key to our season. That's all - no biggie. OK with moving onwards and upwards - that's football today. As I said, just having a nostalgic moment. 

I'll be well over it as we kick off the new season. 

No problem mate, just trying to understand. Not being critical or argumentative, you’re free to have your say and personal feeling.

I agree on Luiz, big loss… not so much on Diaby but no probs.

I get it, never feels good to lose important players.

We have our core quite or relatively intact though and will enhance it. 👍

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â