Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah probably helped!

But my point remains to win the PL you need city to drop off, it's not as simple as what can Aston villa do

To win the league you only need to win more points than the team who finish 2nd!

People over complicate it by looking at previous season points totals etc. It's as simple as this. If the team in 2nd place finish on 74 points then 75 points wins the league which is not a big jump for us. Obviously it's is unlikely that this will be the case but my point stands. A small improvement for us will give us a right good chance and put us in the mix.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah sorry it was a little OTT. 

He’s been loaned to Barca who wanted to keep him and Chelsea who were a total total mess when he joined.

The thing is that Unai has identified that he’s right for Villa, so his mindset must be right. 

Of course if Unai wants him I trust him and no doubt he has a better opinion than me, but just my thoughts now. We will see what happens!

• Like 1

No one is saying we’re winning the league, however once we begin the league we shall look at the maximum amount of points and see where it takes us. We look at every rival match and wait for them to fail and win it (from City down to Utd and Newcastle). 
Take it game at a time. That’s the only aim. We can’t start conclusions that we want 70 points or 90 or 60.

The same goes with CL and cups. Until we come to a deciding point, there where we should know which game to prioritize for the certain week. Wether it was league cup final or CL decider or PL 6 pointer. We can’t start assuming from now.

but the best thing right now is, that we have a good squad. We could change 5-6 players and don’t know which team is better. Which would be our strength to approach each game alone. That gives us chance to rotate easily without prioritizing one and leaving the other.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

No one is saying we’re winning the league, however once we begin the league we shall look at the maximum amount of points and see where it takes us. We look at every rival match and wait for them to fail and win it (from City down to Utd and Newcastle). 
Take it game at a time. That’s the only aim. We can’t start conclusions that we want 70 points or 90 or 60.

The same goes with CL and cups. Until we come to a deciding point, there where we should know which game to prioritize for the certain week. Wether it was league cup final or CL decider or PL 6 pointer. We can’t start assuming from now.

but the best thing right now is, that we have a good squad. We could change 5-6 players and don’t know which team is better. Which would be our strength to approach each game alone. That gives us chance to rotate easily without prioritizing one and leaving the other.

I always start counting the points towards the magical 40 points threshold, the I can relax 😅.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That's true. It takes an absolutely eagle-eyed pro to 'spot' all the most highly-rated prospects in the championship tbf. 

Even more of a pro to document all of your comments over a 5 year period so you can refer all of your fellow users to said comments at the touch of a button.

• Haha 3

This year a top 4 finish will be harder. Because you have the Champions League games. And because Manchester Utd is buying smarter and Chelsea I think will have a good season. Liverpool could be the weak link in the top 4 race. 

For me:

Santiago Gimenez  to replace Diaby. Your only goalscorer now is Watkins: not enough for PL+Champions. 

Lacroix to replace Diego Carlos. You need a physical rcb and Lacroix has 1 year left in his contract: you can buy him for cheap. 

Plus a young creative midfielder: Jobe Bellingham or Samardzic. 

And if you sell Cash, buy Bellanova. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jigen said:

This year a top 4 finish will be harder. Because you have the Champions League games. And because Manchester Utd is buying smarter and Chelsea I think will have a good season. Liverpool could be the weak link in the top 4 race. 

For me:

Santiago Gimenez  to replace Diaby. Your only goalscorer now is Watkins: not enough for PL+Champions. 

Lacroix to replace Diego Carlos. You need a physical rcb and Lacroix has 1 year left in his contract: you can buy him for cheap. 

Plus a young creative midfielder: Jobe Bellingham or Samardzic. 

And if you sell Cash, buy Bellanova. 

One thing definitely won’t change. 

Spurs wont win s**t.

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

What does he mean "via Fabrizio Romano"? This information isn't coming to us via Fabrizio. It's coming to us from him. It might have been copied from Fabrizio's account, but that's not what via means. Just another reason for me to keep away from twatter, or whatever the kids are calling it these days!

4 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

What does he mean "via Fabrizio Romano"? This information isn't coming to us via Fabrizio. It's coming to us from him. It might have been copied from Fabrizio's account, but that's not what via means. Just another reason for me to keep away from twatter, or whatever the kids are calling it these days!

Think it’s referring to statements Romano made on his podcast. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Beyond Onana and Diaby announcements?! 

Fabrizio has tweeted about those 2 deals to death—so, it’s safe to assume it’s not in reference to either of those.

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Think it’s referring to statements Romano made on his podcast. 

He has a podcast!? Does he repeat the same information every five seconds on there too? Like verbal sky sports news?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â