Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Bayer Leverkusen won the league last season on football merit. So why can't Villa?

It's not unthinkable Villa could finish 3 more places then they did last season and win the league. 

I said Dark Horses btw and it's my opinion. So please don't shoot my opinion down. 

All it took was Bayern Munich having their worst season for 13 years...

Villa are doing everything right but the reality is for us (or anyone) to win the league we're going to need city to drop off, maybe selling ederson and de bruyne will see that happen or maybe haaland decides to go score 40 goals again

Liverpool could drop off next year though and if they do I'd obviously want us to jump to 3rd

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

All it took was Bayern Munich having their worst season for 13 years...

Villa are doing everything right but the reality is for us (or anyone) to win the league we're going to need city to drop off, maybe selling ederson and de bruyne will see that happen or maybe haaland decides to go score 40 goals again

Liverpool could drop off next year though and if they do I'd obviously want us to jump to 3rd

You don’t think Leverkusen going undefeated had anything to do with it?

• Like 2

I'd like everyone to know that Felix is now being added to my annoying name to keep seeing list.........

He joins Baena

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

You don’t think Leverkusen going undefeated had anything to do with it?

Yeah probably helped!

But my point remains to win the PL you need city to drop off, it's not as simple as what can Aston villa do

• Haha 1

Just a 10 and a CB for me. Selling:

Digne or Moreno if unai deems his profile too similar to Maatsen.

Doncker

Archer

Diaby

Bogarde 

Then only if a proper offer comes in for Cash then sell and get another RB in. Emery will likely play with a third CB at RB anyway in which case we have a top quality one in Konsa. 

Hes a weapon but believe me, we will miss Duran the second he’s gone. There are literally no strikers out there and we have two. Don’t improve West Ham. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m sorry, but why do people want MGW and Eze so bad, when we have Rogers and JJ that do the same job. 

3/4 players for the same position and role is just overkill

I think a fair amount of people can't count.

I blame the education system

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah probably helped!

But my point remains to win the PL you need city to drop off, it's not as simple as what can Aston villa do

Yeah looking at Lecisters PL winning table it’s interesting to see how mediocre all the big teams were that year 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m sorry, but why do people want MGW and Eze so bad, when we have Rogers and JJ that do the same job. 

3/4 players for the same position and role is just overkill

I don’t think we would be signing MGW but I’d want him for the reason others want Felix - good in a couple of positions and can play up front if Watkins is out/rested. But I agree with you we don’t need either of them just thinking of them as attacking mids.

• Like 1

Some people don't want us to dare to be great. They want us to mid table fodder by signing the likes of Gibbs white😥

It needs to be Felix or Baena 

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah looking at Lecisters PL winning table it’s interesting to see how mediocre all the big teams were that year 

Leicester won the league with 81 points, man city got 66 points that year 

In 17/18 utd got 81 points, city got 100

In 18/19 Liverpool got 97 points, city got 98

If city decide to turn up no one in the league has much of a chance - in 2024 arsenal lost to us and drew to city, those were the only points they dropped and still city overtook them, they only drew to arsenal and won every other game 

• Thanks 1

We will see I think MGW is a press monster, good in the air, creative, scores goals and is versatile. Felix has a weak mental game and I think would be Coutinho 2.0 He won't press and we'd have the odd magic moment but would be overall a waste of money. 

I don't think we can carry the luxury. 

Note I said signing and not he's 10x a better player. We can also find better though, just not Felix please... 

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

We will see I think MGW is a press monster, good in the air, creative, scores goals and is versatile. Felix has a weak mental game and I think would be Coutinho 2.0 He won't press and we'd have the odd magic moment but would be overall a waste of money. 

I don't think we can carry the luxury. 

Note I said signing and not he's 10x a better player. We can also find better though, just not Felix please... 

Can people pleasssssseeeeeeeeee stop telling us that professional athletes who have made it to the utter top of a sport played by billions of people have a “weak mental game”. 

It’s absolute bollocks, you have nothing to base it on other than your narrow view of a player you’ve barely watched and it goes against everything that will have gotten them to the position they are in. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Can people pleasssssseeeeeeeeee stop telling us that professional athletes who have made it to the utter top of a sport played by billions of people have a “weak mental game”. 

It’s absolute bollocks, you have nothing to base it on other than your narrow view of a player you’ve barely watched and it goes against everything that will have gotten them to the position they are in. 

But it's quite definitely a thing 

You only need to look at teams when the manager is under pressure, players down tools knowing he's getting the blame rather than them, look at utd and Chelsea, even look at us in our relegation season

The mental side of football is absolutely huge 

Its fair to suggest that Felix doesn't give 100% every week and that's part of why his career is on a downward trajectory 

• Like 1

I'll tell you what lads, the 16 goal contributions from Morgan Gibbs White last season absolutely DWARF the 16 goal contributions of Joao Felix!

... what do you mean he played 1400 minutes more?! 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Bit OTT. Of course every top level footballer has done well to get where they are, the top 0.1% get there. I'm merely referring to the fact the kid has so much talent more than most, yet continually finds himself looking for new clubs. That's not his ability, but his tactical knowledge how, his work ethic on the pitch, his committment to the team cause. Something always questioned and can be evident when he plays. If that was there with his ability he'd be one of the best players in the world but he's not. He could get there but it remains to be seen. 

That's why he's being linked with the likes of ourselves rather and has struggled to fit in at Atletico and Chelsea, and maybe even Barcelona but that's probably financial. 

Simple thing I think João Felix isn't right for us as a club as collectively as a team due to his non technical/physical capabilities. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I'll tell you what lads, the 16 goal contributions from Morgan Gibbs White last season absolutely DWARF the 16 goal contributions of Joao Felix!

... what do you mean he played 1400 minutes more?! 

Emery describes Felix as a special player. I’ll happily vomit unqualified opinions onto this forum as much as the next VTer, but do regard Unai’s takes as a bit hotter than my own. 

If the manager wants him, and he clearly does, that should be good enough (imo). 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But it's quite definitely a thing 

You only need to look at teams when the manager is under pressure, players down tools knowing he's getting the blame rather than them, look at utd and Chelsea, even look at us in our relegation season

The mental side of football is absolutely huge 

Its fair to suggest that Felix doesn't give 100% every week and that's part of why his career is on a downward trajectory 

A player who shouldered the burden of being a £100m footballer who went on to win La Liga ahead of Barca and Madrid.

Stepped up to take a pen lately for Portugal in the Euros. 

Weak mental game? 

If you poster was referring to his fall out with that word removed of a manager at Atletico then I would have snapped within 2 weeks with that gobbler in charge. 

I see a player who took a massive pay cut to ensure he could play football over money. That doesn’t strike me as a weak mental game.

Very interested to hear the case against him having a weak mental game as I just don’t see it that way and it seems a cop out when you don’t fancy a player. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Bit OTT. Of course every top level footballer has done well to get where they are, the top 0.1% get there. I'm merely referring to the fact the kid has so much talent more than most, yet continually finds himself looking for new clubs. That's not his ability, but his tactical knowledge how, his work ethic on the pitch, his committment to the team cause. Something always questioned and can be evident when he plays. If that was there with his ability he'd be one of the best players in the world but he's not. He could get there but it remains to be seen. 

That's why he's being linked with the likes of ourselves rather and has struggled to fit in at Atletico and Chelsea, and maybe even Barcelona but that's probably financial. 

Simple thing I think João Felix isn't right for us as a club as collectively as a team due to his non technical/physical capabilities. 

Yeah sorry it was a little OTT. 

He’s been loaned to Barca who wanted to keep him and Chelsea who were a total total mess when he joined.

The thing is that Unai has identified that he’s right for Villa, so his mindset must be right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Emery describes Felix as a special player. I’ll happily vomit unqualified opinions onto this forum as much as the next VTer, but do regard Unai’s takes as a bit hotter than my own. 

If the manager wants him, and he clearly does, that should be good enough (imo). 

Exactly. There's not a single person on VT whose opinion is anywhere near as valuable or informed as Emery's.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â