Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Come on man 😆 chill out and lighten up. It’s the transfer thread and we can enjoy some speculation and potential links to player or those we could consider signing…

Really dunno why so many people are itching for a fight and argument in here, it’s mental.

Or be overly serious or controlling. Complaining about nothing at all…

Pot & kettle.

Not really a poster who should be lecturing anyone on anger management.

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Guess that comes with time and experience but, we will have learned loads from last season.  We also have players with a lot of potential… still plenty of time to add quality players in this window too.

Again, I would like to see us close the gap and not tail off so badly. Not expecting crazy things but I really don’t believe that we are ok with any form of regression. Unai has made his intentions quite clear too and, thankfully, committed to us long term.

Can’t say much about Wes but Nassef’s comments were interesting too… had it not been for the financial rules/regulations, I think we would be spending more and building and even stronger side…

I agree, I think we’ll get there and with the owners and Unai we have the best.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t disagree but just pointing out that we have “unlockers” in Tielemans and Buendia at least. Bailey has improved incredibly and makes some killer balls too.

Rogers and Ramsey have that capability. McGinn and Barkley are capable of creating chances and making good passes too.

Maybe we could level up though, CL level class.

I’m not getting carried away with JP, best to be patient and give the lad time/chance rather than raise expectations and pressure. He’s never played regular top flight football. 

Yeah meant that i'd like to see us sign a high level operator such as Olmo he'd be insane however unlikely to happen.

• Like 1

Think we will just have 2 more incomings. An attacker (to replace Duran/Diaby) and a Defender to give added depth to our backline - especially with the uncertainty around Mings.  

RB and GK will only happen if Cash and Olsen depart. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Starting quality:
CB
RB

10/10 window.

Kounde and Felix on loan puts us in the fight for third with Liverpool. Add Williams or Eze and we might mIx it with Arsenal. The Premier League should dispose of Citeh next summer, but they’ll still ‘win’ the title this season (imo). 

We need that next level of quality in a few areas (and some luck with injuries) in order to compete. 

8 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Random mention of Gibbs White. Think he'd be perfect for us and 10x the signing Felix would be. 

Never understood the hype around MGW at all. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Random mention of Gibbs White. Think he'd be perfect for us and 10x the signing Felix would be. 

What makes you think this????
Gibbs white is not even close to Felix.

Felix:
image.png

Gibbs White:
image.thumb.png.7bfbcaeeaa2e6a8a11c76d70132f4c69.png

Edited by Pongo Waring

9 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

MGW would be a great signing but I don't think he would want to go somewhere he isn't the main man

Just now, Mozzavfc said:

MGW would be a great signing but I don't think he would want to go somewhere he isn't the main man

I do like MGW. Him, Rogers, Ramsey, Philogene. F*** me. 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

What business do you think we’d need to do to get 80+ pts?

I’m not thinking of the title, but closing the gap and making those top 3 teams sweat…

let's get 70 minimum for a few seasons before worrying about 80

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Bayer Leverkusen won the league last season on football merit. So why can't Villa?

It's not unthinkable Villa could finish 3 more places then they did last season and win the league. 

I said Dark Horses btw and it's my opinion. So please don't shoot my opinion down. 

It's fine to say your opinion, it's also fine for someone to voice their opinion that your opinion is dumb.

16 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Maaaaaaaaaate...

No.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â