Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

God No. One of possibly the worst defenders to ever play in Premier League. 

Always looked a competition winner for City and Barca

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I think we're a quality CB and a creative second second striker away from being dark horse title contenders 

Not this again, we won't be title contenders just like we weren't at any point last season. Our Target is to get out of the group phase of the CL and finish 4th again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I think we're a quality CB and a creative second second striker away from being dark horse title contenders 

Maybe… without injuries and suspensions, that’s kind of what we would’ve been last season, no? Awesome in 2023, what a team we were!

We do have much tougher games in Europe this time around though and wouldn’t be able to rest too many top players in CL…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Not this again, we won't be title contenders just like we weren't at any point last season. Our Target is to get out of the group phase of the CL and finish 4th again.

I think by “dark horse” contenders he means troubling the top 3 and being much closer to them than actually winning the thing.

Maybe we can close that considerable gap to the top 2… quite a wide margin in points. And maintain pressure and momentum over the duration of the season.

But yeah, our challenge and objective is to maintain top 4 and CL. Not to win the title… but Unai also said “there is no limit to our dreams” too 😂

Who ever we sign this summer, these are the issues I want fixed 

our midfield was to easy to bully (physicality)

when we lost games we really lost them and got battered. (Mentality)

Too many long term injuries (fitness)

The high line being our only defensive weapon (defensive options)

So far we are looking good, a few 1 in 1 outs and we going to be something special 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Who ever we sign this summer, these are the issues I want fixed 

our midfield was to easy to bully (physicality)

when we lost games we really lost them and got battered. (Mentality)

Too many long term injuries (fitness)

The high line being our only defensive weapon (defensive options)

So far we are looking good, a few 1 in 1 outs and we going to be something special 

Pretty amazing we still managed to finish 4th. Reading some topics you'd think we finished 14th and barely survived.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

We are nowhere near dark horse title contenders even with those two acquisitions.  You basically need over 90 points most seasons to win the title, that’s an extra 7 wins above what we did last season just to be close to the conversation and we aren’t there.  Our aim I think is 70+ points to achieve hopefully 4th and get out of CL group and a run in the cups.

Edited by nick76

47 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think by “dark horse” contenders he means troubling the top 3 and being much closer to them than actually winning the thing.

Maybe we can close that considerable gap to the top 2… quite a wide margin in points. And maintain pressure and momentum over the duration of the season.

But yeah, our challenge and objective is to maintain top 4 and CL. Not to win the title… but Unai also said “there is no limit to our dreams” too 😂

If any one can, it’s Unai. Wouldn’t put it past him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We are nowhere near dark horse title contenders even with those two acquisitions.  You basically need over 90 points most seasons to win the title, that’s an extra 7 wins above what we did last season just to be close to the conversation and we aren’t there.  Our aim I think is 70+ points to achieve hopefully 4th and get out of CL group and a run in the cups.

What business do you think we’d need to do to get 80+ pts?

I’m not thinking of the title, but closing the gap and making those top 3 teams sweat…

1 minute ago, sne said:

Pretty amazing we still managed to finish 4th. Reading some topics you'd think we finished 14th and barely survived.

Oh it’s fully amazing. 

but to be that top 4 regularly with our current budget.. we need to get this window right. So far, I feel like we getting some right things done. But, more work needed  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â