Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

€58M eh? Well, as it happens… 

Am I delusional for thinking we would have more of a chance of getting Olmo? Barca want both, we say… nope.

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Well, not really and a lot of people don’t have X/Twitter and appreciate posts on here.

Just wish there was less conflict and provocation on here and we could just have more of a laugh, have fun and just enjoy what’s going on… the club we support is in such a positive and exciting position. Maybe we should just focus on that instead of having a go at each other all the time…

Oh well.

I'm one of those who doesn't have Twitter so I like it when VT filters through all the shit and posters like you post the bits I want to read (not just here but Off Topic too).

The Gifs on the other hand... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Am I delusional for thinking we would have more of a chance of getting Olmo? Barca want both, we say… nope.

Given his club are willing to listen to offers for him I would say it’s more likely than Williams who I think will need to be dragged kicking and screaming from Athletic Club. 

That being said, there will be a queue the length of the Rhine for this guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That’s why I said that next summer could be crucial for those players. Right now it will be hard to shift any, only Digne can attract some interest. Carlos maybe but wages could be a block. 
The other two will have to prove their fitness first. Hopefully they can feature and show their previous levels. 
With only one year left, more teams can get encouraged while player re-evaluate their choices and wages.

If we can shift Dendonker while Hause contract run out. We’ll have a squad that all has a place to feature. From there I think it will be easier to adjust. 

Felix for the right deal would perfect. Williams and Olmo will have more competition. While Felix everyone is trying to keep away while Atletico are desperate. They renewed his contract with less wages. As I kept saying he plays in a position we depend on. Different type to Rogers so begin the game with one and get the other from bench. I think he’d be perfect.

However, for Duran replacement I might keep Archer while start trying Rogers up there if needed. Until we find the right replacement. Felix can’t really cover there from what I’ve seen. 

5 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Felix for the right deal would perfect. Williams and Olmo will have more competition. While Felix everyone is trying to keep away while Atletico are desperate. They renewed his contract with less wages. As I kept saying he plays in a position we depend on. Different type to Rogers so begin the game with one and get the other from bench. I think he’d be perfect.

However, for Duran replacement I might keep Archer while start trying Rogers up there if needed. Until we find the right replacement. Felix can’t really cover there from what I’ve seen. 

The thing with Felix is… there is a lot of potential to unlock there and he is still relatively young. And, if Unai can’t do it, I don’t think anyone can. If he’s successful… who knows how good he could be for us? We could end up with one of the best attacking players around who could give us many years of quality service. I suppose that’s a big IF though…

More of a risk or less of a guarantee but probably more affordable rn than other options that would be more of a sure thing.

Regardless, it’s exciting to just think about who else we may sign. We know it will be Unai’s choice, that’s the most important thing.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Once Duran and Diaby go, and Onana signs, we’ll be in a decent profit for this summer so far whilst actually improving the strength in depth of the squad.

Then we can focus on bringing in a couple more top quality players, ideally CB and a number 10, to really push us on.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Isn't he Tommy Elphick tall. No thank you too weak in air not a great defender either. We need a top top defender next to Pau similar or better than Konsa's defensive ability. 

I’m still hoping that we buy a top class, physical, right-sided centre back. I think that we have enough attacking options even after Diaby leaves. We can replace Duran if he leaves but I would use any excess from the Diaby deal on a centre half. 
Pau is nailed on as our left sided centre back. I don’t trust Carlos. He is not good enough in the air. Ezri is a good player but he also needs a dominant centre back alongside him and thus is not a great partner for Pau. Mings is obviously left sided and just coming back from a terrible injury.

A fast, physical, big centre half alongside Pau with Ezri the other side, Dibu behind and Onana in front and we concede no where near as many goals as we did last season.

11 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

That’s why I said that next summer could be crucial for those players. Right now it will be hard to shift any, only Digne can attract some interest. Carlos maybe but wages could be a block. 
The other two will have to prove their fitness first. Hopefully they can feature and show their previous levels. 
With only one year left, more teams can get encouraged while player re-evaluate their choices and wages.

If we can shift Dendonker while Hause contract run out. We’ll have a squad that all has a place to feature. From there I think it will be easier to adjust. 

Yes the trickiest are Mings and Buendia, as they are both coming back from serious injury. The club won't want to sign them up to a long term deal if they can't perform to the level they were at before. But we won't have long to evaluate, as the players will be free to sign with another club in 6 months.

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Isn't he Tommy Elphick tall. No thank you too weak in air not a great defender either. We need a top top defender next to Pau similar or better than Konsa's defensive ability. 

6ft but yeah, I agree, we need a more dominant or imposing option rather than another silky/classy type such as Ezri and Pau. Still gotta be good on the ball though, not just in the air.

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If bookies are offering money on us not signing any of Felix, Williams, or Olmo this window I think that's like free money

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yes the trickiest are Mings and Buendia, as they are both coming back from serious injury. The club won't want to sign them up to a long term deal if they can't perform to the level they were at before. But we won't have long to evaluate, as the players will be free to sign with another club in 6 months.

Are rolling contracts still a thing now? Could we extend their deals by a year, at/near point of expiry, to give them more time and opportunity?

Hope we give them a fair shot after everything they’ve contributed and how hard they’ve worked to get back and involved again.

We should try and move Digne and Carlos on asap though, age and wages are an issue. All depends on interest and offers though.

32 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Going OT here...

Did anyone else drink in wealdstone before the wembley games? Done it a couple of times, few coaches of lions fans, they did a decent job of looking after you, comparatively cheap ok beer, easy walk and tube to the stadium and back

Anyway, this guy rocks up like a celebrity, tarted up girl is her mid 20s on his arm, went round getting selfies with the kids getting free beers bought for him, looked like he was on the floor coke too, came up to me in that horrible voice

"you want a photo?"

"Sorry fella, you what?"

"You want a photo? Buy me a beer and I'll let you take a photo"

Absolute **** rat of a man, he got told where to go

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Going OT here...

Did anyone else drink in wealdstone before the wembley games? Done it a couple of times, few coaches of lions fans, they did a decent job of looking after you, comparatively cheap ok beer, easy walk and tube to the stadium and back

Anyway, this guy rocks up like a celebrity, tarted up girl is her mid 20s on his arm, went round getting selfies with the kids getting free beers bought for him, looked like he was on the floor coke too, came up to me in that horrible voice

"you want a photo?"

"Sorry fella, you what?"

"You want a photo? Buy me a beer and I'll let you take a photo"

Absolute **** rat of a man, he got told where to go

😆 well done.

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Are rolling contracts still a thing now? Could we extend their deals by a year, at/near point of expiry, to give them more time and opportunity?

Hope we give them a fair shot after everything they’ve contributed and how hard they’ve worked to get back and involved again.

We should try and move Digne and Carlos on asap though, age and wages are an issue. All depends on interest and offers though.

Yes the club could agree a year extension. There may even be three option for that in the original deal.

If/when Duran leaves, I still want us to sign a backup striker. Archer is a great finisher but his overall game doesn’t cut it. Rogers lacks experience in that position. Watkins contributes so much and he can’t realistically start every game in all competitions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

They still have 2 years, only enter last 12 months next summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems to be lots of movements across the market now. Older players being shipped off to Saudi for large sums, means that clubs back home can start to play a little. If KDB goes I can see City going for Guimareas from Newcastle, and then they will need to replace him with someone.. I reckon we ourselves have two or three moves to make, hopefully. Getting exiting! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â