Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

I stopped taking any notice of Transfermarkt when they published a list of Villa player salaries from about 2 seasons ago, showing McGinn on £25k a week and Keinan Davis on £45k a week. 

Fake news.....and their transfer valuations are equally laughable.

Transfermarkt don’t normally publish wages do they? Their stats section is very good anyway. And the market is open for anyone to create a better valuations database, no one has done it yet.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

People down play him as he had a poor final season for chelsea in that post abramovich cluster **** of a season..... went to Utd and got injured. Still likely to continue to be a very good PL player.

Didn’t Man Utd jizz £70 million on him or something like that. I don’t hate mount as a player but I wouldn’t ever want us to pay a transfer fee for him, free transfer maybe but still not sure so the fee Utd paid would make me cry I think but then if I was a Utd fan and saw how much they paid for Anthony and McGuire I’d already be crying 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s crazy how much Mount has fallen off. I always thought he was a decent player, a bit underrated perhaps, but his career has taken a real downward turn. 

Mount for me is in the mctominay bracket but higher up within it. Had he come through at a non top 6 team he’d perhaps have a few England caps and maybe a move to the top 6 on the bench. I think Gallagher is in the same bracket. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s crazy how much Mount has fallen off. I always thought he was a decent player, a bit underrated perhaps, but his career has taken a real downward turn. 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91n8ock3vq66fs4277b1

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

In good company at Man Utd, it’s the graveyard of many decent players.

Peak performance however is often a product of the environment, take a player out of his environment and they can dip, the opposite is true too of course, look at Rogers.

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think if mings injuries have limited him we should definitely keep him around in a coaching capacity.  Could see hom as a wonderful person to manage the under 18s or 21s eventually. 

As for buendia id be suprised if he we gove him a new contract. No chance on the other two. Definitely time to cash in on digne and carlos if a good offer comes in

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What’s the situation with Cash? Surely he must be coming to the end of his contract too, I don’t remember him signing a new one, maybe he did. I’ve wondered if that’s why he keeps having these random links to Italian clubs.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

What’s the situation with Cash? Surely he must be coming to the end of his contract too, I don’t remember him signing a new one, maybe he did. I’ve wondered if that’s why he keeps having these random links to Italian clubs.

He's contracted to 2027

• Thanks 1

The way that graphic is worded is a little misleading. Those players have two years left on their contracts, so they need to be sold or offered new deals this summer or next. There's nothing urgent there.

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

Still think Felix is a better fit for us

If we have any chance of getting Olmo… forget about Felix 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeah he is decent but just not a real match winner. Obviously he can do it, but for the £60m he cost he was never going to be value for money.

Also crazy for United to spend £60m on a backup to Bruno anyway, so many other gaps in that squad that should have been prioritised.

Bad move for everyone involved except Chelsea

Dunno how they are able or allowed to do it but, Barca want both Williams and Olmo. And I’m sure that would be their preference if it was possible.

Just think it’s crazy how a club running on almost 3 million euros of debt is allowed to do any business at all, other than sales.

🤷‍♂️

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â