Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

16 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Who is Vedat Muriqi and why is he flying to Birmingham?

Mallorca are coming on a pre season tour of the UK, and are playing the Baggies, that’s probably why. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jenko#4 said:

Mallorca are coming on a pre season tour of the UK, and are playing the Baggies, that’s probably why. 

I was thinking it might be that , but the replies on translate were a little confusing 

7 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

You've wanted both Felix and Tammy haven't you?

This sounds like a search for 2 cats for a new kitekat commercial🤣

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, lexicon said:

A striker we've been linked with a few times. A bit different to what we've got in that he's a bigger target man type but he can play a bit. Could be a good backup for us. 

Where did you hear about him coming to Birmingham?

It’s on Twitter, looks like inbound for a friendly more than a transfer, plus 30 

2 hours ago, 479Villan said:

If I were a Palace fan, I’d hate myself, then I’d be mad as hell about this kind of rumor. They are a credible European competitor next season, they can’t sell to a team like us who just got into UCL. 

Not anymore after having lost Olise. If Eze leaves as well, they will be towards the relegation zone. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not anymore after having lost Olise. If Eze leaves as well, they will be towards the relegation zone. 

Nooo surely not. They are solid all over the park. Losing them two would be tough but they can add with the money they get and remain competitive. 

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

Think that’s underestimating how good they have looked as a unit under the new manager.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Think that’s underestimating how good they have looked as a unit under the new manager.  

Eze and Olise only started 9 games together last season - they won 7.

In games where at least one of them was missing - 5 wins in 24

I appreciate there was a manager change, but interesting to see how Glasner gets on without them. 

3 hours ago, Hughes said:

Felix has done nothing for the last three years and is anyway not an Emery signing. 

https://fbref.com/en/stathead/player_comparison.cgi?request=1&sum=0&dom_lg=1&intl_cup=1&player_id1=8aafd64f&p1yrfrom=2023-2024&player_id2=aeed5c06&p2yrfrom=2023-2024&player_id3=3a233281&p3yrfrom=2023-2024&player_id4=afdc14d7&p4yrfrom=2023-2024&player_id5=2e5915f1&p5yrfrom=2023-2024

Felix's stats last year measure up pretty well against Bailey, Diaby, Rogers and even Nico Williams, who every club in the world would want to sign right now. 

Unai Emery on Joao Felix: “As a player he’s a special player. His position as a No.10 is very difficult to be like him with good skills. He can play doing an assist, scoring goals, dropping to try and build up. He can play in the space and small spaces, trying to do something; assist, driving, getting in the box.

“He needs time here to adapt in the Premier League. He’s young, progressively he’s getting better at Chelsea as well. I always follow him and I admire him as a player.”

Sounds like a player he'd like to sign to me. He literally did try to sign him, but Felix wanted Champions League and we were bottom half of the PL at the time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What? According to Transfermarkt, outside of an achilles injury in the 20/21 season he’s only missed 5 games since then.

I stopped taking any notice of Transfermarkt when they published a list of Villa player salaries from about 2 seasons ago, showing McGinn on £25k a week and Keinan Davis on £45k a week. 

Fake news.....and their transfer valuations are equally laughable.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Nooo surely not. They are solid all over the park. Losing them two would be tough but they can add with the money they get and remain competitive. 

Citeh, Arse, Redscouse, Villa, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Yoo, Newcastle (not in any particular order) will all comfortably finish above Palace next season.......they had a new manager bounce situation kick in for a little while but thats passed now.....

Moisés Caicedo playing with his family

The interesting?

He is wearing the shirt of Jhon Duran, an Aston Villa player who was strongly linked with Chelsea.

Is there a transfer coming? 👀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Moisés Caicedo playing with his family

The interesting?

He is wearing the shirt of Jhon Duran, an Aston Villa player who was strongly linked with Chelsea.

Is there a transfer coming? 👀

Duran probably has very little to do with this, but I still laughed at what a bonehead he is.

8 hours ago, burchy said:

Would rather Simons or if not him, then someone like Gloukh or Cherki at a push (or has he already signed for Dortmund!)

I'd be tempted to gamble on Cherki just because he is so cheap and so talented and still really young.

5 hours ago, villaglint said:

It’s odd to think that if we did buy Felix it’d be one of the biggest names/transfers in our history but many on here are far from excited about it. 

Im reticent too, he’s obviously got loads of ability but loads of red flags as well. 

Fact is Aston Villa do not buy sure things, all our transfers are risks and have been for many many years. As our profile, position gets bigger the transfers get bigger and hence so to do the risks. 

I'd be excited as the potential is really high.

He isn't who I'd personally go for but I would be excited about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

I forget mason mount existed until I saw some clickbait saying we’re interested 😂

People down play him as he had a poor final season for chelsea in that post abramovich cluster **** of a season..... went to Utd and got injured. Still likely to continue to be a very good PL player.

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

People down play him as he had a poor final season for chelsea in that post abramovich cluster **** of a season..... went to Utd and got injured. Still likely to continue to be a very good PL player.

I am far from his biggest fan and he suffered from being seen as Southgate’s pet as well, but actually I think Mount would be a really nice player in an Emery system. Works hard and adaptable, very coachable I would say. Don’t think he’s the type we would look to prioritise this year though. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â