Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I appreciate that this is the wrong transfer window thread - but the transfer of Rogers looks like being in McGinn territory for me.  I wouldn't take £50m for him now - not even close to even contemplating it.

I hope within 6 months we're making similar statements about some of this summer's recruits.

• Like 3

I think we’ll get in 1 or 2 big loans in.  Be towards end of transfer window to see if anyone is injured and what place they are needed the most

I don’t think we should sell Carlos for several reasons. His price won’t be more than 5m I guess because of his wages (for that amount we can still sell him next summer). Every time he started with Torres he was good. We’re not sure about how will Mings do. So I think we need to work on the LCB, with Hermoso available I think that’s the best deal. Then we can go sell one of our LB’s. I’d sell Cash and KKH though if it meant getting Kayode. With that we can improve our whole defence with - net spend. Ofcourse I’m not counting Maatsen here. 
Carlos replacement should be a Torres type, very good signing. So for now I’d be more efficient by getting Hermoso for free. Then we see how Mings does. 
Next summer we will probably be looking to sell: Carlos, Mings, Buendia. Maybe more names as well. So there will still be some changes but it would depend on Mings and Buendia fitness. 
Diaby then Duran. But also one of the left backs those are most likely leaving. Then I’d say Cadh and KKH. 
I’d also keep Archer (for the club trained name for CL), if we’re only getting Felix. I’m not sure we’ll be able to get a proper striker, and don’t think Archer will get us a good money this time. So I’d keep him as a cover (although any deal above 10m ten just sell). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Felix wouldn’t work out here. 

Would rather Simons or if not him, then someone like Gloukh or Cherki at a push (or has he already signed for Dortmund!)

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Felix wouldn’t work out here. 

I think he’d work, but what would we do with Rogers? It’s a squad game I know. The perfect team and tactics for Felix is Unai Aston Villa. 
But how will we be managing the squad? Is his arrival will mean Ramsey leaving? What deal will we be getting him for? For me definitely not 60m. But 30m and below would worth it. A loan would be perfect. We’re getting to a point where we might play 7 different players between PL and CL games without knowing which team is better. 

Felix on a loan would be perfect, even if its an expensive one like Chelseas arrangement was

Wish the club would give us more information on Buendia, Mings and Ramseys progress on return from injury, hard to know true state of squad cover without knowing how those three are doing and what targeted return dates are likely to be

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, burchy said:

Would rather Simons or if not him, then someone like Gloukh or Cherki at a push (or has he already signed for Dortmund!)

Bayern have reportedly offered 90m for Simons. Don't see how we can compete with that. 

5 hrs remaining for someone to trigger Olmo release clause of €60. Diaby money for this man. Sneaky bid at 11pm and test the waters with him. 
doesn’t look like anyone else is going to trigger it. 

1 hour ago, burchy said:

I think if Rogers keeps this level up, we won’t need a Felix or another 10

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

5 hrs remaining for someone to trigger Olmo release clause of €60. Diaby money for this man. Sneaky bid at 11pm and test the waters with him. 
doesn’t look like anyone else is going to trigger it. 

I’m not sure you understand how transfers work. 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can’t help but feel folks must be blinded by the name with Felix, he’s a decent technical player but I’ve never seen much in him to suggest we should be breaking the bank to bring him in (which surely we’d have to do either in fee or wages, or both).

We’re in a great position to kick on and the last thing we want to do is follow the Everton model of signing big names and getting stuck with them with very little RoI.

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah I’m not bothered about Felix either. There’s just something about him that puts me off, feels like a big money, big ego, waste of money. 

Felix would be a great signing. He looked good at Chelsea during their almost-peak “basket case of a club” period and is a 1-in-4 AM with bags of experience at the top level at the age of 24. 

8 hours ago, CroVillan said:

We can get this lad and Felix for our Diaby money id be stoked.!!!

Then Todibo and “wild” Kayode for Durán transfer then that is an absolutely home run of a window.

I don't think we will be going for that many other players other than a Diaby/Duran replacement.

Trying to blend too many new signings in together could be risky. I think RB and CB will be saved for a future window

Just now, Xela said:

I don't think we will be going for that many other players other than a Diaby/Duran replacement.

Trying to blend too many new signings in together could be risky. I think RB and CB will be saved for a future window

Personally I don’t think we can risk having Costa as our RCB if we intend to use Konsa in a RW roll along with RCB. Personally I think there’ll be at least two more signings. A right footed centre back and a SS. Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â