Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Are you doubting King Unai? 😱 

Yeah I am

I'm not convinced his head will be in it and that he'll ever get back on an upward trajectory 

As good as unai is he's not infallible, there's seemingly mental frailties with Felix thats a bit of a minefield 

• Shocked 1

Chido Obi Martin looking to opt out of Arsenal. Major talent, only 16 but told Arteta he wants out. Manure looking at him. We should be all over this Danish pastry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Yeah I am

I'm not convinced his head will be in it and that he'll ever get back on an upward trajectory 

As good as unai is he's not infallible, there's seemingly mental frailties with Felix thats a bit of a minefield 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Barca need money, but yes, sadly now araujo is injured his going no where.

Would be perfect for our system and while probably 45 million quid, we could have lost cash and carlos and been stronger and not overly out financially.

£30m + Carlos?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Funnily enough, I actually think Unai/club likes Matty more than many on here do.

He's a fighter and a trier, yes, maybe we could eventually get better, but by all accounts club aren't in a rush to move him on and Matty loves us 

He's also an upbeat, good vibes presence who won't complain if he's primarily used off the bench but is competitive enough to want to fight for the starting job. 

• Like 2

Wouldn't mind Chiesa but he's been tailing off for a year or two. Monday you, do hs Felix, but he'd suit us more. So would Olmo.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

You've wanted both Felix and Tammy haven't you?

I have never in my life wanted Tammy 😂 don’t rate him. The way he scuffs shots has always annoyed me, he is also quite wasteful. Maybe he’s also injury prone now 🤷‍♂️

Felix… only if Unai wants him. I never want a signing forced on him and don’t believe it would happen under this regime.

He’s spoken very positively on him before. I’m not pushing for or advocating the move but I do feel compelled to dispel or address much of the bullshit that is spouted about him without any basis in truth or fact.

If we do go for him, it just means Unai wants him and believes he can bring the best out of him - in that case, I would be excited and have complete faith that he would do it. There are loads of number 10 type players we could pursue though, and I’d probably be happy with most of them.

I’m not really calling on a personal choice… just good players that Unai himself wants.

I’ve always been a Chiesa fan but dunno where he’d fit in and how we’d make room, we have many players to play wide and I think that’s his best position (LW, LM). I’m not keen on writing off players after (serious) injury either - hoping Mings, Buendia and Kamara can all get back to their best, AND RAMSEY! At least deserve the chance.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I have never in my life wanted Tammy 😂 don’t rate him. The way he scuffs shots has always annoyed me, he is also quite wasteful. Maybe he’s also injury prone now 🤷‍♂️

Felix… only if Unai wants him. I never want a signing forced on him and don’t believe it would happen under this regime.

He’s spoken very positively on him before. I’m not pushing for or advocating the move but I do feel compelled to dispel or address much of the bullshit that is spouted about him without any basis in truth or fact.

If we do go for him, it just means Unai wants him and believes he can bring the best out of him - in that case, I would be excited and have complete faith that he would do it. There are loads of number 10 type players we could pursue though, and I’d probably be happy with most of them.

I’m not really calling on a personal choice… just good players that Unai himself wants.

I’ve always been a Chiesa fan but dunno where he’d fit in and how we’d make room, we have many players to play wide and I think that’s his best position (LW, LM). I’m not keen on writing off players after (serious) injury either - hoping Mings, Buendia and Kamara can all get back to their best, AND RAMSEY! At least deserve the chance.

I agree and despite this has a good goal record. I think Kodjia pre injury was far superior.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I actually agree. Just don't think Tammy is good enough these days and I think the only reason we get linked with him is because of his successful loan spell with us. Felix just feels like Countinho 2.0 to me, so unless Unai wants him and can motivate him, it's a big risk especially on his crazy wages. 

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I actually agree. Just don't think Tammy is good enough these days and I think the only reason we get linked with him is because of his successful loan spell with us. Felix just feels like Countinho 2.0 to me, so unless Unai wants him and can motivate him, it's a big risk especially on his crazy wages. 

Don’t think Coutinho is a good example or comparison, Felix is still young with plenty to offer and his body isn’t letting him down (maybe it’s more psychological with him, in terms of extracting his best form). As I’ve outlined several times, he’s no longer on crazy wages either. Reduced to something like 125k p w, with the new contract he signed with Atletico (before moving to Barca on loan where he was paid drastically less than that).

But yeah, only get him if Unai wants him. He’s called him a “special” player. Probably the only reason I’m interested at all in the link/rumour.

We’ve seen many names like Moleiro, Veiga, Baena, Olmo(! not actually linked to us though) that would be brilliant signings - especially whoever Unai actually wanted from those.

Williams I see as more of an out-and-out winger who is very unlikely and seems to be on his way to Barca (would hugely respect if he just stayed at Bilbao for many more years, such loyalty is rare nowadays).

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

We still need another CB. Or a better RB so we don’t have to play Konsa there. 

Nedeljkovic?

CB… yeah. Someone who is aerially dominant aswell as adept on the ball. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â