Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, burchy said:

If we sell Diaby can we throw our hat in for Xavi Simons, can cover all front positions for us.

Ramsey, Rogers, Simons, Bailey, Philogene and Watkins. That would cook

Would love us to do everything possible to make that happen 🔥

A smart signing is Maxence Lacroix. Very good defender and with only 1 year of contract left. Yoi can buy him at cheap price. 

• Like 2

I so conflicted with Joao Fèlix. It feels like a Countinho 2.0. Great player on his day, but his wage demands would worry me and I'm not sure he'd have the motivation to do well here. 

I don't see it happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Funnily enough, I actually think Unai/club likes Matty more than many on here do.

He's a fighter and a trier, yes, maybe we could eventually get better, but by all accounts club aren't in a rush to move him on and Matty loves us 

I think we sometimes fall into the trap of viewing the players purely through technical ability.

Mentality, positivity, personality, leadership, professionalism, consistency. These are crucial traits needed in a squad and ones Cash possesses in abundance. People are soon to forget he scored two crucial last minute goals in knockout games last year (Boro and Lille). McGinn is firmly in this camp as well. For every ‘Joao Felix’ you need a grafter with iron will

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Funnily enough, I actually think Unai/club likes Matty more than many on here do.

He's a fighter and a trier, yes, maybe we could eventually get better, but by all accounts club aren't in a rush to move him on and Matty loves us 

No debating that, he gives everything. I was impressed when he first came in to the side, a proper grafter.

It’s just a question over his limitations and to what extent he can improve.

We would’ve got knocked out of Europe earlier if not for him…

But… if we get a good offer close to our asking price (25-30m) we’d have to accept really with the opportunity to bring in better. I do think Nedeljkovic could surprise a few though…maybe we’ve forgotten about him (and how he was scouted and identified) while looking at other options…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I so conflicted with Joao Fèlix. It feels like a Countinho 2.0. Great player on his day, but his wage demands would worry me and I'm not sure he'd have the motivation to do well here. 

I do kinda echo your worries. However his ACTUAL wages have been discussed alot and reported to now be closer to 125 k.

He's also much younger than Coutinho.

IF there is truth it seems Unai absolutely loves him so could possibly be the " home " he needs to settle and fulfill his potential.

Undoubtedly as risk though.

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I do kinda echo your worries. However his ACTUAL wages have been discussed alot and reported to now be closer to 125 k.

He's also much younger than Coutinho.

IF there is truth it seems Unai absolutely loves him so could possibly be the " home " he needs to settle and fulfill his potential.

Undoubtedly as risk though.

Thank you so much 😭 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No debating that, he gives everything. I was impressed when he first came in to the side, a proper grafter.

It’s just a question over his limitations and to what extent he can improve.

We would’ve got knocked out of Europe earlier if not for him…

But… if we get a good offer close to our asking price (25-30m) we’d have to accept really with the opportunity to bring in better. I do think Nedeljkovic could surprise a few though…maybe we’ve forgotten about him (and how he was scouted and identified) while looking at other options…

As you mention though... The Serbian kid could potentially turn out to be THAT right back to take us forward.

With Cash say staying at least another year.

I think for the club it may also depend on other factors. For example, if one of the players they have been following ( Kayode ? ) for example, looks like he might be going to a rival or elsewhere they may decide an opportunistic signing is needed.

Which would then inevitably result in Cash and KKH moving on.

I do stress again though I feel we do need some sort of continuity, even as reward to the players who've helped us get here.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As you mention though... The Serbian kid could potentially turn out to be THAT right back to take us forward.

With Cash say staying at least another year.

I think for the club it may also depend on other factors. For example, if one of the players they have been following ( Kayode ? ) for example, looks like he might be going to a rival or elsewhere they may decide an opportunistic signing is needed.

Which would then inevitably result in Cash and KKH moving on.

I do stress again though I feel we do need some sort of continuity, even as reward to the players who've helped us get here.

I’m wondering if Kosta is “our Kayode” and has been kind of overlooked.

Don’t think we need another young RB but, if Cash goes, maybe a more experienced or top class one (more of a guarantee, for CL for example).

Don’t think we need to buy more youngsters/potential now… if we can get CL level quality at a reasonable price, we might move. Otherwise we be patient and await good opportunities.

-

Regarding continuity… I don’t think it’s such a problem. The only guaranteed starter we have lost is Dougie. Much of that first team will probably remain unchanged.

Anyone of lesser importance can be replaced and upgraded without much disruption.

Can’t think of anyone better than Unai to manage any kind of revamp or overhaul (which is not really happening) and we should remember that he’s inherited the majority of these players - we don’t really know how he envisions his ideal squad or team.

The squad has been tinkered with (and improved upon) more than the first 11 imo. But I would love to see 1 or 2 top class additions to make us more formidable.

I have to stress again, despite all the reasons/causes, or even excuses - we were relatively poor in a much weaker European competition last season. It’s not going to get any easier.

If we can get stronger, without spending too much… I think we will do it. Especially when Unai’s objective is for us to maintain top 4 and CL. Just staying in the top 6/8 is not what we want… and I love it!

Sometimes I feel like a few of us sell ourselves short a bit and need to set our sights a bit higher or try to match the visions and ambition of those at the club… within reason of course 😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

These barrel scrappers, sure have a knack of getting the grimiest links possible 

Romano’s just tweeted he’s not available 😆

I do enjoy how Manure throw away millions these days on useless crap 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Romano’s just tweeted he’s not available 😆

I do enjoy how Manure throw away millions these days on useless crap 😂

I wonder if Conor Gallagher looks at mason mount and thinks “this will be me one day”

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I can't see Felix working out for us. I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't think it would work.

Are you doubting King Unai? 😱 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I wonder if Conor Gallagher looks at mason mount and thinks “this will be me one day”

Delighted we steer clear of this kind of overpaid, overvalued and overrated shite.

Why do people keep talking about Felix? I haven’t seen any fresh links to him in a while and they were vague anyway but every time I come on here I presume I missed something as he’s being discussed like we’ve agreed a deal. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â