Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Turns out I know **** all about a lot of things.

• 2 seasons ago I wanted us to sell Watkins as he was shit.
  • LaSt SuMmEr I wAnTeD uS tO sElL bAiLeY aS hE wAs AlSo ShIt.
  • Back in 2010 I was happy with us selling Milner to Man City as Stephen Ireland was going to realise his potential with us and become a superstar.

My football knowledge is wank, although I do think that Robin Olsen just needs a bit more time and he’ll be better than Emi.

You really are completely useless. 

idiot-loser.gif

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

I think we will get some interestng rumours soon, as have a feeling Duran/Diaby replacements could well turn out to be a player/s that hasn't been linked yet

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think we will get some interestng rumours soon, as have a feeling Duran/Diaby replacements could well turn out to be a player/s that hasn't been linked yet

Who you thinking then? (As a personal choice rather than a hunch). 

I've no idea, I'm contradicting myself here in the sense of naming a player that has been linked heavily, but based on Athletic article where it said Emery's intention for Williams last summer was to convert him to a second striker, as he did with Diaby, makes me think we could go back for him, whereas previously I didn't believe that rumour purely because we already have so many wide left options, of course us getting himi is next to impossible, but I wouldn't be surprised if we at least surprised

Just now, useless said:

I've no idea, I'm contradicting myself here in the sense of naming a player that has been linked heavily, but based on Athletic article where it said Emery's intention for Williams last summer was to convert him to a second striker, as he did with Diaby, makes me think we could go back for him, whereas previously I didn't believe that rumour purely because we already have so many wide left options, of course us getting himi is next to impossible, but I wouldn't be surprised if we at least surprised

Why don’t you use the quote button?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Anyway… who we signing next lads?

The Baena link has gone very quiet, seemed to be the main one before/at the start of the window, very reasonable asking price too.

Maybe the Felix “profile” is more what we’re after now, more of a scorer than creator.

Think we’ll make a move once the Diaby sale is sorted.

Think I heard Neil on FTLOPM podcast mention or speculate that we could move for Veiga after selling Diaby… because, essentially, you’re kind of dealing with the same source or ownership despite approaching different clubs? That may have been a factor?

Dunno 🤷‍♂️

Doubt it really.

I think Diaby could well be be replaced with all rounder who can play as second striker, or wide, and maybe as main striker when Watkins not playing - basically another player of a similar profile to Diaby, but that we will use more through the middle rather than out wide. In addition I wouldn't be surprised if we bought another striker should Duran leave, but that player more of a project player for the future, not necessarily for now, as we haven't got any academy strikers close to the first team

I think we’d be mad to replace Diaby directly. We’ve got a big pot of profit from Diaby so I can’t see us spiking that on a replacement. 

More likely we move Duran and replace him with someone who can play up front along side or in place of Ollie. Because Ollie can’t play every game this season. 

I’d love to see a proper left field signing like Toney! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I think we’d be mad to replace Diaby directly. We’ve got a big pot of profit from Diaby so I can’t see us spiking that on a replacement. 

More likely we move Duran and replace him with someone who can play up front along side or in place of Ollie. Because Ollie can’t play every game this season. 

I’d love to see a proper left field signing like Toney! 

Yea I also think spending big using the Diaby money to replace him would be pointless. We have JP now, so, really is no need for more width, I don’t think. I would like to see another striker, if Duran goes - another youngster from South America ideally, and also another CB if Diego Carlos goes - which I hope he doesn’t. So yea, not sure we need a lot else really, proving the Onana deal goes through. I don’t think there is an appetite for another keeper, so we go with Martinez, Olsen and Gauchi. 

Edited by Tayls

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â