Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Totally agree, Carlos is a mix of the good and the not good, he's not strong enough aerially (this could be down to his injury where his spring in his jump is gone). Carlos is a good defender other than that. Mings is not back until September (possibly) and we don't know how long it will take for him to get back to the right level. That leave PAu and Konsa (who plays often at RB). 

We're short here and we need a new CB, we need 2 if Carlos is sold.

I won’t sell Carlos. Getting Hermoso would solve a lot of problems. Even if we’ve sold Digne we can have a good defensive cover.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

From my experience the little man in front of him is more than enough to make a 8 hour flight hard work no matter what plane he's on 

And to be fair to him despite the millions that are coming his way it'd be interesting to know what he actually thinks about it all, he's likely to get a PL flop tag which is harsh imo, I wonder if he'd happily stay but we happily sold him

Yeah that’s very much a harsh and unnecessary tag. Think his goal contributions are enough to say he was a capable PL player. But I’ve also wondered about the dynamics of this transfer. Someone said earlier they wished he had fought harder to stay but who’s to say Villa weren’t pushing him out the door? Not that I think they were but who knows what actually was going on behind closed doors

• Like 1

That's ironic from someone who spams constant tweets and unfunny gifs, has 'karma farming' now become a thing on Villatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm actually quite good at spotting Championship players 🧐

'Eberechi Eze is the player I like from the championship, probably the closest player i've seen in that division to Grealish, in terms of style of play, if we could get him for around £10m I think it would be a very good signing.'  here

'I wonder if we'd have any chance of getting Ian Maatsen from Chelsea, currently on loan at Coventry'  here

'Adam Wharton is different style of player to Aaron Ramsey, he's more of a traditional central midfielder, but from what I saw last season looked like a top player, reminded a little of Bellingham when he first got into the first team at small heath, in that watching him play without knowing his age, you wouldn't guess he was so young as looked like one of the more composed and accomplished players' here

'Only Leeds players worth considering are Gnonto and Summerville' here - this was when they were in the prem, and I think Summerville whilst good has become overrated, and Gnonto didn't look as good in the Championship, but given young age still has potential

'Was impressed with Jonathan Rowe from the little I saw of him last season, wouldn't be surprised to see him have breakout year in the championship' here

'Southampton, West Ham, and AC Milan all reportedly bid for him in January but he stayed to try and help Forest get promoted. The AC Milan interest is definitely true, as Cash himself as admitted it in an interview. Strange how people are happay for us to spend £25m plus on the likes of Benrahma, and Phillips last season, yet moan about Cash for much less, when he's just as good in his position as those are in their positions.' here - I actually didn't rate Cash upon first seeing him in the Championship, but that was when he was still playing as a right midfielder

'Also watching some of the Reading game, and Olise looks a very impressive player, espcially considering his age.'  here

And there's more, but begs the question which current Championship players do I think can make the step up, or might be ones to watch next season, I don't actually know, two of them Philogene, and Greaves have already made moves, I think Hutchinson could do pretty well too, I wouldn't be surprised if Ipswich eventually make a decent profit on he and Greaves, Jonathan Rowe was very good, then season halted by injury, but I think he could be a good signing for someone for sure, although said injury might mean Norwich get to keep him, if so lets see if he can return to top form next season, if he does he will have a lot of interest again, Jobe Bellingham is good, probably made the right choice for his development to stay at Sunderland, but it's highly likely he will make the step at some point, if he can actually get fit and stay fit, George Hall from small heath might be another to watch out for, if wasn't for injuries would probably already be in the prem, Chris Rigg is another at Sunderland, will probably end up at Newcastle eventually, Michael Cooper who we've been linked with is meant to be very highly rated too, although haven't taken much notice of him, just going by rep, Hayden Hackney another who looks very promising, it's hard to predict which ones might make a similar impact to Wharton or Rogers, that's hard for any a player, but there are a number that could make the step up for sure

What a guy 😍

1 minute ago, useless said:

That's ironic from someone who spams constant tweets and unfunny gifs, has 'karma farming' now become a thing on Villatalk

You’ll hurt my feelings, you football guru.

• Like 1

Meh, useless has a lot of football knowledge. He's a bit weird at times, but so are a lot of us tbf. If he wants to stroke his ego every now and then for getting a prediction on a prospect right then whatever XD

• Like 3

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I just want him to use the quote button to know the context of what he’s talking about 

Oh for sure. Won't happen though. You might get text in an esoteric font instead.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Meh, useless has a lot of football knowledge. He's a bit weird at times, but so are a lot of us tbf. If he wants to stroke his ego every now and then for getting a prediction on a prospect right then whatever XD

Yeah I appreciate his posts including that one despite the self appreciation. He knows way more about the championship than me

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Oh for sure. Won't happen though. You might get text in an esoteric font instead.

Nothing makes you smarter than using an italic font

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

Really want us to get Gruda & Beier to replace Duran & Diaby - I’d settle for Felix and Williams though … 

also if spurs want Ramsey it’s £20mill  plus Kulusevski & Mikey Moore or get the **** out of it 

Beier had a release clause that just expired and Gruda it looks like wont be sold this summer

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Wow, @useless - allegedly Prince/Michael Jackson/A.N. Other had ribs surgically removed to do the same thing and it was still less cringe than that post 🤣

Marilyn Manson too 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â