Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

57 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Fun fact - If we do sign Felix, over the last couple of years we will have had the 3rd, 4th and 7th most expensive footballers of all time at the Villa. 

Felix, Coutinho and Grealish?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

a young argie keeper would make a lot of sense tbf, id guess the vast majority of them would love to work as Emi's understudy

Yeah....He could train his successor to The International team too.

20 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Just heard we're after Raphina from Barca.

Yeah rumour started a few days ago, think we’ve all written it off as BS

21 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Just heard we're after Raphina from Barca.

I just hope and expect that we don’t get near him. All those deals with big teams (especially for players being old/expensive enough) we shall not be going for. 
Even Barkley this time, the only thing that makes it exciting is him being signed from a relegated club with small amount of money. His value and even his expectations aren’t the same as when he was at Chelsea. 

People might say the same with Felix, but he’s really young, and his position isn’t easy, not many teams play with SS. So he’s perfect for us for how we play. Not about his fancy name (which usually doesn’t excite me). The thing with Felix is that he gets into scoring positions easily, it’s just that he miss a lot. Watkins was the same, so only going to pure stats doesn’t give the full picture. 
During his Chelsea days I used to watch some of their games as they were around us then I didn’t want them to get near. Him and Chilwell were the most dangerous players. 
I won’t spend 60m on him though. 30m maybe. Depending on wages as well. I don’t think they’ll agree on loaning him but that would be the perfect move. 
Loan market is good, we’ve already signed 7 without using any loan yet. Last season we had two at the end of the window.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

All I can say is that I'm sincerely hopeful that Olympiakos are unable to sign Andre Horta.

Shall we set up a GoFundMe page and sign Horta ourselves - just to be sure 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders129 said:

Cash is going nowhere. Unai rates him. Gave him the armband vs Walsall as well. He adds key leadership to the group imo. A model professional and a great guy. I want him in this squad long term

I wonder why that was? Almost like he was the only player on the pitch that was senior and had been here for longer than 1.5 seasons (aside from Olsen) 

Basically all our players who have been captains in the past were away for international tournaments as well as guys like Konsa who might have received the armband instead were also away. 

I'd expect Mcginn, Mings, Tielemans, Bailey, Watkins, Konsa to all be ahead of cash in the arm band list. 

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Wait a minute… just listening to Pete’s latest video (holy trinity show) and, according to him, we got a $12m fee from Juventus for Alisha Lehmann???

Really?!

Women's football costs us about 6 or 7 mil a year from what I can find though it is deductible from psr. This is probably basically an extra bonus in the Luiz fee that doesn't contribute to their FFP costs but does to ours which I the real issue for both teams. 

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

I give you, your 2024/25 Premier League Champions 😉

Martinez
Kounde Konsa Pau Maatsen
Tielemans Onana
Bailey Joao Felix Rogers
Watkins

I mean you joke but that team would probably challenge for the title. It's certainly on a par with Arsenal's 11. And we're only 2 players away from fielding it (albeit 2 deals that would be difficult to do).

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â