Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That seems more realistic. £120k is still An anazing fee for her 

You nearly spelt analzing. I get it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Awol said:

I understand you don’t think it’s realistic and fair enough. The reason I think it might be is in your reply: to get a Real Madrid move he’d need to put up incredible numbers in a Champions League team, which means playing every week. Long story short, the only teams I could see having a need and the finances are us, Arsenal, and Atletico Madrid - if they can sell Felix for good money.

Yes it’s unlikely he lands at Villa, but maybe not quite as unlikely as you think. 

Fair enough and this isn’t good reading if it’s just me saying “but obviously he won’t sign for us” again and again, so I’ll stop before it gets really annoying! I just get the idea people think he’s like Mahrez or someone else not really used by City or restricted to coming off the bench when actually he starts 4 out of every 5 games. So very different to for example Cole Palmer last summer going to Chelsea. Still, no harm in dreaming!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

Ignoring versatility - of which we have plenty! - I think this is where we currently are (Diaby and Onana moves, assumed).

• It's possible that we still move on from Cash and Carlos. Carlos more likely, but he would need to be replaced.
  • If one of Digne/Moreno move, I think Moreno is most likely.
  • Duran seems like he will move, so we will likely need a new forward player. Rogers could play there, but I think he'll play a lot of games and can't see him spelling Ollie, so I could see us signing a forward replacement.
  • If we do make an incremental signing, I would expect it to be for a versatile attacker - Felix, Williams, fit this requirement.

Fair to say that the squad is loaded. Picking a starting XI is not straight forward and we can very much expect rotation/adapting to the opposition. Overall squad age has reduced too, which was required.

If the season started next week, we'd be in pretty good shape. As good as last season, with better depth.

image.thumb.png.3bf371e1e1792ce1d45f863286581150.png

In practice (as far as I am led to believe), you could include Iling Jr. in the squad depth for LB/LWB, and obviously Konsa at RB, although I hope we don't see him there much. If you play Iling Jr. as an inverted Left Wingback, you could balance by playing Konsa as an Inside Fullback (effectively a slightly advanced, wide centre back), as I think we've seen Unai do before, but with inferior personnel on the left. We could do that now with square pegs in square holes. 

13 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Not sure what the medical term is.

Extra negative? Not familiar with him, get random stuff on my feed (miss the old Twitter).

Kounde would be a great signing (was rumoured early on) if it was a reasonable fee but… I dunno. Could alternate at RB with Konsa too.

If we sign a defender now, I’d prefer it to be someone who can dominate (especially aerially, which we don’t have with the Pau and Ezri partnership), is Jules that guy?

Carlos would need to be moved on, good if we can because he’s ageing and injury prone (can’t stay fit or consistent) and only has 2 years left on his deal.

Dunno if Cash is going or not but there is hope that Nedeljkovic could really step up (need to see more of him).

Maybe we don’t sign anyone (in defence) and just sell a left back or two?

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

That guy, Dale is el loco.

**** me he moans like **** as well............. he seems the sort of lad if we won £10M on the euros hed moan it wasnt £11M

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Kounde all day, every day. All week, every week.. etc etc etc 

Yep, I’ve mentioned him a few times on this thread as a really good option for multiple positions. Played RB for France in the Euros, too. 

• Like 1

Kounde played 100% of France’s games, so unless he fell off the coach on the way home he should be fine 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, sne said:

Juve are famous for cooking their books (and currently on trial for it) so maybe we made some deal where they book some of the Luiz transfer into her deal :crylaugh:No idea what the point would be about that thou.

So that we would have to pay less sell on fee to City for Luiz would be the explanation, playing devil’s advocate.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â