Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Ignoring versatility - of which we have plenty! - I think this is where we currently are (Diaby and Onana moves, assumed).

• It's possible that we still move on from Cash and Carlos. Carlos more likely, but he would need to be replaced.
  • If one of Digne/Moreno move, I think Moreno is most likely.
  • Duran seems like he will move, so we will likely need a new forward player. Rogers could play there, but I think he'll play a lot of games and can't see him spelling Ollie, so I could see us signing a forward replacement.
  • If we do make an incremental signing, I would expect it to be for a versatile attacker - Felix, Williams, fit this requirement.

Fair to say that the squad is loaded. Picking a starting XI is not straight forward and we can very much expect rotation/adapting to the opposition. Overall squad age has reduced too, which was required.

If the season started next week, we'd be in pretty good shape. As good as last season, with better depth.

image.thumb.png.3bf371e1e1792ce1d45f863286581150.png

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Ignoring versatility - of which we have plenty! - I think this is where we currently are (Diaby and Onana moves, assumed).

• It's possible that we still move on from Cash and Carlos. Carlos more likely but he would need to be replaced.
  • If one of Digne/Moreno move, I think Moreno is most likely.
  • Duran seems like he will move, so we will likely need a new forward player. Rogers could play there, but I think he'll play a lot of games and can't see him spelling Ollie, so I could see us signing a forward replacement.
  • If we do make an incremental signing, I would expect it to be for a versatile attacker - Felix, Williams fit this requirement.

Fair to say that the squad is loaded. Picking a starting XI is not straight forward and we can very much expect rotation/adapting to the opposition. Overall squad age has reduced too, which was required.

If the season started next week, we'd be in pretty good shape. As good as last season, with better depth.

image.thumb.png.3bf371e1e1792ce1d45f863286581150.png

Only my opinion, but SJM isn't an MC, he's a W/SS, and Ramsey isn't an AM, he's a W.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Only my opinion, but SJM isn't an MC, he's a W/SS, and Ramsey isn't an AM, he's a W.

And Buendia could sit at AM, rather than W/SS.

The versatility we have, is fascinating.

40 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Agree.

I reckon by the end of the window, only martinez, pau, onana, felix, Rogers and watkins will be the untouchables.

Maybe konsa.

😜

Bar Watkins & Martinez they all need to earn the right to wear the shirt. Doesn’t matter what happened last season it’s a clean slate, we now have a squad where injuries aside not many should be assured a start. I don’t believe Rogers would have played as much if JJ wasn’t injured so not sure how he can be labelled untouchable now both are fit.   

• Like 1

Looking at Man C under Pep it's pretty much only Ederson, Rodri, De Bruyne and Haaland who starts every game if fit. The rest are rotated to a varying degree. Obviously we can't build a squad at anything close to the strength or dept that City have, but we are also no longer at a point where can have a given starting 11 that will start every game if fit. Luiz playing 4400 minutes (all competitions) last season was far from ideal.

I doubt the player we bring in are seen as bench options. Bailey ain't gonna start every game, neither is Cash, Maatsen or Tielemans. Players are not coming here to sit on the bench, they are coming here to be part of the rotation.

• Like 3

I've said it before, Todibo is a big upgrade on Carlos but I think we need a different profile of defender. The Bijol links were more promising. 

I don't think there's anything in it though, too much like Pau. 

• Like 1

Wait a minute… just listening to Pete’s latest video (holy trinity show) and, according to him, we got a $12m fee from Juventus for Alisha Lehmann???

Really?!

• Haha 2

Todibo is a top defender. Tall, fast, technique. Sell Carlos and buy Todibo is a great deal. 

• Like 1

Also says there is a connection between Juve and Villa… Sawiris is the chairman of EXOR, the largest shareholder of Juventus.

So the Dougie deal may have been lined up long ago and to keep him away from a rival club 🤔 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wait a minute… just listening to Pete’s latest video (holy trinity show) and, according to him, we got a $12m fee from Juventus for Alisha Lehmann???

Really?!

Highest transfer to date in women football was £685k so would be quite a deal for us if that was correct :D 

Edit: Quick google says it was closer to £1m. Russo to Arsenal.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Highest transfer to date in women football was £685k so would be quite a deal for us if that was correct :D 

Yeah, very surprising to hear and assuming he is wrong but… where did he get that idea from?

Not even seen a mention of a fee beforehand.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

All I can find is “undisclosed fee” 🤷‍♂️

A few mil would be lovely, but 12? 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, very surprising to hear and assuming he is wrong but… where did he get that idea from?

Not even seen a mention of a fee beforehand.

Only thing would be if Villa owned her image rights and they had to buy them off us but that seems extremely unlikely. Her real value is off the pitch (not saying she's not a talented footballer) and I'm sure she and her agent already owns the image rights.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

All I can find is “undisclosed fee” 🤷‍♂️

A few mil would be lovely, but 12? 

I'm guessing the fee was maybe £100k if any.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â