Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Cash is going nowhere. Unai rates him. Gave him the armband vs Walsall as well. He adds key leadership to the group imo. A model professional and a great guy. I want him in this squad long term

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Cash is going nowhere. Unai rates him. Gave him the armband vs Walsall as well. He adds key leadership to the group imo. A model professional and a great guy. I want him in this squad long term

👏👏👏 agreed 👍 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

No idea what European clubs are looking for - the clause he wants in his contract at City is for the likes of Madrid. But that’s kind of irrelevant - I’m just curious why people think he would swap City for Villa? He’s not desperately unhappy there, he just wants a bigger contract and that clause.

Don’t get me wrong - I’d love him, I think he’s a brilliant player. Bring Rodri and KDB along too…

I understand you don’t think it’s realistic and fair enough. The reason I think it might be is in your reply: to get a Real Madrid move he’d need to put up incredible numbers in a Champions League team, which means playing every week. Long story short, the only teams I could see having a need and the finances are us, Arsenal, and Atletico Madrid - if they can sell Felix for good money.

Yes it’s unlikely he lands at Villa, but maybe not quite as unlikely as you think. 

• Like 1

Rogers has demonstrated his finishing ability to the point where he would make more than adequate cover for an injured or 'tired' Watkins. Even if we sell Duran do we need another striker?

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Rogers has demonstrated his finishing ability to the point where he would make more than adequate cover for an injured or 'tired' Watkins. Even if we sell Duran do we need another striker?

Don’t think he could play that role, it’s very different to what he does now. You have to play back to goal more, whereas his strength lies in running into space ahead of him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Don’t think he could play that role, it’s very different to what he does now. You have to play back to goal more, whereas his strength lies in running into space ahead of him.

100%, not to say he couldn’t develop that skill but being equally as adept at running in behind alongside playing with your back to goal is what makes Watkins so irreplaceable

1 hour ago, rodders129 said:

It was a pre-season friendly. If a good offer comes in we will sell, that’s just the reality of what we operate in. 

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Where was he before his injury? He was a rotation player.  It’s not disrespectful, it’s just that Felix is a better player. I don’t see Barcelona wanting Emi

Felix being a better player is based on what performances for what clubs?

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Can't say I'd love it. But a cheapish option if Duran goes

If you read article there's no actual links just someone talking about him not being injured so "path is clear" for Villa if they were interested in signing him. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If you read article there's no actual links just someone talking about him not being injured so "path is clear" for Villa if they were interested in signing him. 

He’s been joining us for two years now 

1 hour ago, rodders129 said:

Not sure cash could spell leadership group.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

No way Bailey is untouchable. 

Agree.

I reckon by the end of the window, only martinez, pau, onana, felix, Rogers and watkins will be the untouchables.

Maybe konsa.

😜

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We aren't linked, but this guy would fit perfectly. 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe919zl9nbmt0td78ghha7

I need more convincing on this one… he did better than expected at Brighton, yet still didn’t turn many heads doing it 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â