Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

His original contract at Atletico was €280k per week, he only took the reduction to get a move to Barca as it was his dream club.

No point using his Braca wage as an example of what he would be looking here, as it was a one off.

I haven’t used his Barca wage (66k during loan), I’m using his new wage (halved from previous contract) and deal with Atletico that was extended to 2029. Likely to be £125k p w.

Getting tired of repeating and explaining this… just like the Diaby deal which was not 50m as so many keep saying.

So this debate and people thinking we'll sign another forward when we sell Diaby. 

Can only see that happening if we don't sign Philogene. Or if we also sell McGinn.

Just now, MrBlack said:

So this debate and people thinking we'll sign another forward when we sell Diaby. 

Can only see that happening if we don't sign Philogene. Or if we also sell McGinn.

How I see it, it’s Diaby and Duran out for a hybrid replacement in 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I haven’t used his Barca wage (66k during loan), I’m using his new wage (halved from previous contract) and deal with Atletico that was extended to 2029. Likely to be £125k p w.

Getting tired of repeating and explaining this… just like the Diaby deal which was not 50m as so many keep saying.

The Portuguese striker has also agreed to a 50% reduction in his contract for the period 2024-2029 with Atlético de Madrid.

https://amp.sport.es/en/news/barca/revealed-joao-felix-stunningly-salary-91657546

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prior to joining Barcelona, Felix put pen to paper on a new long-term deal with Atletico that will keep him at the club until 2029.

This contract also included a pay reduction of 50 per cent for the period 2024-29.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12481599/amp/Joao-Felix-receive-staggeringly-LOW-salary-Barcelona-season-taking-huge-pay-cut-force-loan-Atletico-Madrid.html

• Thanks 1

Felix is not on a crazy wage or on a contract beyond our top earners at the club, likely to be 125k p w until 2029 when his new deal with Atletico (not Barcelona) expires.

He signed an extension with Atletico before moving to Chelsea.

Signed another extension and agreed to 50% reduction with Atletico until 2029 before going on loan to Barcelona.

They only, initially, paid 6.6k p w at the start of that loan. This was later raised to 66k.

There.

If we want him, and he wants to sign, we can afford him.

Phew! 😰 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

When you say hybrid do you mean part human, part horse or part human, part lion? 😉

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

So this debate and John Percy  thinking we'll sign another forward when we sell Diaby. 

Corrected it for you

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

But we'd still have Bailey, Rogers, Ramsey, McGinn, Tielemans and Buendia for three places.

Yes McGinn and Youri will rotate with the deeper midfield roles, alongside Enzo, Onana, Kamara, and Barkley, but then that would be 6 players sharing 2 spots.

Assume we go with the 2 for 1 sensible approach using the above players we currently have 4 players for the 2 deep lying spots and 6 for the more advanced 3.

That's after selling Duran and Diaby.

Someone else has to go. Maybe it's Archer, but then we're struggling for squad space in the CL team.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Either way, going to be fun.

We might get to a point where we’re 60 minutes into a game and we’re bringing Barkley, Ramsey, Philogene and Bailey on from the bench. 

Mental. 

Yes exactly, looking at a first XVI to play different periods of the game. Will be interesting to see if we flip the style and adopt more aggressive pressing, subbing on fresh legs when needed. 

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But we'd still have Bailey, Rogers, Ramsey, McGinn, Tielemans and Buendia for three places.

Yes McGinn and Youri will rotate with the deeper midfield roles, alongside Enzo, Onana, Kamara, and Barkley, but then that would be 6 players sharing 2 spots.

Assume we go with the 2 for 1 sensible approach using the above players we currently have 4 players for the 2 deep lying spots and 6 for the more advanced 3.

That's after selling Duran and Diaby.

Someone else has to go. Maybe it's Archer, but then we're struggling for squad space in the CL team.

We got way too many players for CL as it is, we need to sell or unregister at least 6 players 

and the club trained players don’t count. It’s 6 of the others 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We got way too many players for CL as it is, we need to sell or unregister at least 6 players 

and the club trained players don’t count. It’s 6 of the others 

Exactly....so someone else is going beyond Duran and Diaby if we want to sign anyone else (that isn't Grealish).

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Exactly....so someone else is going beyond Duran and Diaby if we want to sign anyone else (that isn't Grealish).

My 6… sell Duran, moreno, diaby, Dendonker, Hause, unregister Olsen and Kamara

Leaves room for one more

One of

Felix/Williams/Alvarez…. Please 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â