Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, nick76 said:

Rogers ahead of Ramsey.

Bailey and McGinn are a difficult one as I don’t see Emery dropping either because they provide different benefits to the team so it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Either way, going to be fun.

We might get to a point where we’re 60 minutes into a game and we’re bringing Barkley, Ramsey, Philogene and Bailey on from the bench. 

Mental. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Who you dropping to get them in 

Tielemans over Ramsey.  Bailey is a hard one but I think Emery starts him whatever.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

We might get to a point where we’re 60 minutes into a game and we’re bringing Barkley, Ramsey, Philogene and Bailey on from the bench. 

Mental. 

I think it’ll be nice to have so many choices and choose what is needed for each game and rotation will be key.  Just hope our injuries are kept to a minimum.  I worry about that RCB role, we could really do with a top upgrade there if Konsa keeps playing RB.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think it’ll be nice to have so many choices and choose what is needed for each game and rotation will be key.  Just hope our injuries are kept to a minimum.  I worry about that RCB role, we could really do with a top upgrade there if Konsa keeps playing RB.

I agree. A new no. 10 and a new CB and RB would be a 10/10 window. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s great when you write down an XI and you take a moment and think, hold on, there’s no way I can’t have X player starting but you literally can’t fit them in.

Squad is looking good. 

Honest, I think we getting to the League Cup final, just purely on our squad depth  

the b team will smash through the early rounds without a fuss 

We'll see horses for courses - proper squad use, rather than a & b teams for the most part. Pointless to try to second guess who will play as it will vary with the opposition and how they set up. Plus there will be injuries, suspensions, loss of form so will need to use everyone at times. 

• Like 2

I think we will see a lot of rotation.

We almost faltered at the end of last season simply through exhaustion, and Emery will be working to make sure that does not happen again.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Mental. 

It's why Bailey has been so effective off the bench and Philogene has likely been brought back with a similar role in mind initially, players with good 1v1 ability are a bit of a game-changer late in games if you're trying to break down a deep defence.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s the combinations and the flexibility we have that I like. It’s getting to the point where we can have an injury to a player and at least 2 players can come in and fill in - Watkins and Martinez aside I’d say.

ST - Watkins, Rogers
SS - Rogers, Bailey, Tielemans, Philogene
LM - Ramsey, Rogers, Philogene, Iling Junior, Tielemans, McGinn
CM - Onana, Kamara, Tielemans, Barrenechea, Barkley, McGinn
RM - McGinn, Bailey, Philogene
DL - Maatsen, Digne, Moreno, Iling Junior
DR - Konsa, Kosta, Cash
CB - Torres, Konsa, Mings, Carlos
GK - Martinez

You can move players around and cover gaps with so many combinations. Some of the players above will leave but I also fully expect we’ll sign 2 more at least after Onana.

When did we sell Bundeia?  My point of being disrespectful to him just proven two posts after

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

When did we sell Bundeia?  My point of being disrespectful to him just proven two posts after

Fine. Throw him in the mix. It just strengthens my point that we have a lot of depth. 

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Like I said, 66k per week while at Barca. If he wanted the move, he would probably be ok with around 100-150k pw here, he’s getting around 100-130pw for the rest of his Atletico contract after agreeing a reduction and extension with them.

Started on 6.6k pw on Barca loan, that was bumped up to 66pw.

His original contract at Atletico was €280k per week, he only took the reduction to get a move to Barca as it was his dream club.

No point using his Braca wage as an example of what he would be looking here, as it was a one off.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Wouldn't it be better to hand the good coach an already good player, and see it he can be catapulted into stardom, that a failed star to see if he can be brought back to respectabiliity?

Brought back? 16 goal contributions last season isn't respectable?

Besides, he's proven himself at a very high level already - there's no mystery about his ability/potential. 

50 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A Team

IMG-0531.jpg

B team

IMG-0532.jpg

as things stand, our squad is looking pretty amazing. 
id say our B team would easy be competitive in the mid table. 

and im missing out Enzo, Moreno, KKH, Archer, Olsen 

IMG-0533.jpg

this is our C Team…

that’d still a good team. I recon that be highly competitive in the championship 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

IMG-0533.jpg

this is our C Team…

that’d still a good team. I recon that be highly competitive in the championship 

Get Olsen in the D team. and thats about right.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A Team

IMG-0531.jpg

B team

IMG-0532.jpg

as things stand, our squad is looking pretty amazing. 
id say our B team would easy be competitive in the mid table. 

and im missing out Enzo, Moreno, KKH, Archer, Olsen 

Bailey is not in the B team man, c’mon. 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

IMG-0533.jpg

this is our C Team…

Need a D team with Dendoncker and Hause please…

42 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Yep, despite I rather a captain be an outfield player 

Me too but it does seem obvious

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â