Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

With that in mind, Nico Williams anyone?

Everyone would take him, we already know that

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Everyone would take him, we already know that

I was just seeking confirmation of the blindingly obvious. I’m sure signing him is a long shot in reality but man can dream. Who’d have thought Villa playing in the third division would be European champions just a few years later ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

I'd love him here. If Unai sees him as strengthening the team, the only remaining concern is does his wages and the costs involved with bringing him to our club make sense.

So hes been on loan. Not every club can afford to spend cluck off money on players who command a prodigies fee. He's 24 years old still. His skill on the ball has been likened to Kaka's. 

If we bring him in enjoy his success while we have it.

He does have areas of his game he could improve, as does every player to take the field.

Yeah, I'm guessing as the guys above said, you're talking about Felix, while I was talking about Lo Celso.

Don't like Felix either, but at least he's better and there's small chance for him yet:

On 22/05/2024 at 10:05, Daulmakan said:

He sucked less than in Chelsea would perhaps be more accurate. He was still far away from his better Atletico seasons (and his breakout Benfica one). He couldn't even manage to get a starting spot in the PSG series against a 16-year old and over the hill veterans like Lewandowski and Gundogan.

He's another case of talent gone to waste because of a total lack of drive. Atletico couldn't make him work, and they keep shipping him despite having paid €126 million! (apparently he's the 4th most expensive player ever, yikes). Chelsea couldn't make him work, Barcelona couldn't make him work. You guys don't want to be the next sucker in line.

And even if somehow you could manage a cheap loan with no option, his wages would surely be astronomical.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Gladly … the guy took a pay cut of £244k PER WEEK in order to join Barca -  That’s right he went from £12mill per season to £400k per annum just so he could play there … It was later bumped up to £66k per week a few months later but still well short of the amount he was contractually owed. He has one of those resting bitch faces like Jordan Ayew but greedy he isn’t. It’s lazy and misguided to accuse him of being all about the money and greedy as he clearly isn’t. Just like Coutihno who also took a huge way cut just to play and enjoy himself again. That didn’t pan out as hoped but just shows sometimes it’s about the footy.  

So… the Atletico contract extension and 50% reduction takes him down to earning 125k pw until 2029? Is that pounds or euros?

Just now, Jas10 said:

So… the Atletico contract extension and 50% reduction takes him down to earning 125k pw until 2029? Is that pounds or euros?

Thinks it’s £££ but unsure either way again point stands it’s not about the money with him 

1 hour ago, CroVillan said:

I think there’s conjecture about his current wages. If it’s true he’s on less than 100k/week then there’s every chance I think he’d come. Depends on how you look at 50m though. The kid is a ridiculously good talent just needs someone like Unai to unlock him. 40m on Duran or 50m on Felix I’m just Felix every day of the week. But again everyone has their own opinion 

Offer Atletico Duran + 10-15m, Felix a contract of 130k pw.

There we go! 😆

• Like 2

IF what John Percy (at the back post!) is true with what he says about Villa needing to find a replacement before they sell Diaby, it's going to be an interesting few days. JP will have known Onana is coming in regardless, so one has to assume that he isn't who we're spending the money on and Villa are looking for another player to play that no.10 role. 

There is talk of us driving up the price closer to €70m (why wouldn't we) but it just might be that we wouldn't sell for less because the club feels they need that amount to replace like for like. Talk of Atletico wanting €60m for Felix is obviously interesting and one could deduce that as soon as that money lands, Monchi Munch jumps on a plane to Madrid and hands over 10 suitcases of cash in return for Felix. We all know Emery is a huge fan of Felix.

BUT, if it doesn't end up being Felix, I'm excited to see who they have in mind. I still think we lack that real technician to sit behind Watkins and unlock defenses with some classy turns/touches. I think Rogers could be deadly there, but even he isn't that type of player and against low block teams, we'll need one. 

Loved this transfer window so far. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Thinks it’s £££ but unsure either way again point stands it’s not about the money with him 

Well, the maximum wage he is on now is £125k p w with his new contract (signed when the loan move to Barca was agreed, 50% reduction on previous deal) with Atletico running until 2029. They want to get a deal done asap to avoid reuniting during preseason. Someone will be getting a good deal if he wants the move… just needs the right manager and environment to thrive in.

I doubt he and his agent would demand a crazy wage, and just want to get the hell away from Atletico and Simeone asap. He needs a new home and to get his career back on track. More loans won’t really cut it.

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

IF what John Percy (at the back post!) is true with what he says about Villa needing to find a replacement before they sell Diaby, 

It's not true though, because we know Diaby will leave in the next few days and unless JP thinks philogene or onana is his replacement we won't be signing anyone else that quickly. 

Diaby being sold isn't dependent on anything, he's been sold because we were made an offer too good to refuse. 

Edited by villa89

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

It's not true though, because we know Diaby will leave in the next few days and unless JP thinks philogene or onana is his replacement we won't be signing anyone else that quickly. 

Diaby being sold isn't dependent on anything, he's been sold because we were made an offer too good to refuse. 

You could be right, but I'd also hazard a guess that John Percy is more informed than you are on these things.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Yeah, I'm guessing as the guys above said, you're talking about Felix, while I was talking about Lo Celso.

Don't like Felix either, but at least he's better and there's small chance for him yet:

Purely statistically speaking he got 16 goal contributions in 2100 minutes of football - that's hardly as shit as you're trying to make out. 

Besides, Chelsea and Barca are basketcases. Not great environments for him to find his feet again. 

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Purely statistically speaking he got 16 goal contributions in 2100 minutes of football - that's hardly as shit as you're trying to make out. 

Besides, Chelsea and Barca are basketcases. Not great environments for him to find his feet again. 

Bit of a low bar for the 4th most expensive transfer ever, no?

He's definitely not a trash player, but he's miles below what was reasonably expected of him given his early displays of talent and transfer/wages fees commanded. I look at him, and I see a player that just DOESN'T CARE. Terrible waste of talent. I've seen many similar cases from our local league, I can't recall a single one where the player got his shit together and realized his potential. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â