Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

27 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Depending on what i see in the next few friendlies we may not need to sign a potential starting RB as Kosta had shown qualities but we’ll see 

Very excited about Kosta. Although Philogene showed a lot of promise in last summers pre-season before getting shipped off to Hull.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CroVillan said:

Yes I agree but who will also be deployed on the left along with JJ. We’ll be heavily in on Felix I believe.

Philogene can play both flanks equally well. And then we have Iling-Jr. If we want a left midfielder more than forward or winger, we can play McGinn there or even Buendia.

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Very excited about Kosta. Although Philogene showed a lot of promise in last summers pre-season before getting shipped off to Hull.

Difference though is Philogene just wanted to play, Kosta has already been saying he expects to win the starting role 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I completely disagree he started for emery before, he's been over 90th percentile in expected assists per 90 the last 3 seasons (the last 2 at 99th percentile), 90th or higher percentile for progressive passes the last 3 seasons, 80th percentile for progressive carries.

Beats his man whilst dribbling, shows for the ball often and keeps it moving with passing, very aggressive ball winner too. His biggest flaw is that he's like 5'9 but now we have onana and Barrenechea to provide more physicality and size in the middle of the park. 

Imo he's been under utilised at spurs and if he could be had for less than 25 million pounds that would be an absolute steal. 

Nah, man. You don't want him, trust me. For every assist he makes (like in the Copa America finals), he loses 3 balls that leave your team in a bad position for a counter attack (like in the Copa America finals).

He's been on loan for 5 of the last 7 years, that should tell you something. He makes very little goals for the position he plays in (0,125), is already 28 and is not the healthiest player around (we only won the World Cup because he broke down again and that enabled Alexis and Enzo to play). Unless you're getting him as a FA or loan, just avoid. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

That was because philogene demanded to be sold, we wanted to keep him but we couldn't promise consistent minutes 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Daulmakan said:

Nah, man. You don't want him, trust me. For every assist he makes (like in the Copa America finals), he loses 3 balls that leave your team in a bad position for a counter attack (like in the Copa America finals).

He's been on loan for 5 of the last 7 years, that should tell you something. He makes very little goals for the position he plays in (0,125), is already 28 and is not the healthiest player around (we only won the World Cup because he broke down again and that enabled Alexis and Enzo to play). Unless you're getting him as a FA or loan, just avoid. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That was because philogene demanded to be sold, we wanted to keep him but we couldn't promise consistent minutes 

Didn’t know that. Interested to know his thought process now considering our squad. Seems like there’s still no real guarantee for him now.

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Didn’t know that. Interested to know his thought process now considering our squad. Seems like there’s still no real guarantee for him now.

I think he’s been given assurances that Diaby will be sold, maybe that Morg’s will be played through the middle a bit giving him more chances. Who knows really I’m just glad he’s back. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

I'd love him here. If Unai sees him as strengthening the team, the only remaining concern is does his wages and the costs involved with bringing him to our club make sense.

So hes been on loan. Not every club can afford to spend cluck off money on players who command a prodigies fee. He's 24 years old still. His skill on the ball has been likened to Kaka's. 

If we bring him in enjoy his success while we have it.

He does have areas of his game he could improve, as does every player to take the field.

1 hour ago, CroVillan said:

If we’re getting 40m for Duran, 20m for youngsters hardly playing a handful of prem games then sign me up for 50m on Felix all day hahahha.

if we’re doubling his wages to say 130 then I’d be happy with that too. 

It's pretty unlikely he will be wanting to come here for 130k a week and 50m is CRAZY for him after the last few years

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'd love him here. If Unai sees him as strengthening the team, the only remaining concern is does his wages and the costs involved with bringing him to our club make sense.

So hes been on loan. Not every club can afford to spend cluck off money on players who command a prodigies fee. He's 24 years old still. His skill on the ball has been likened to Kaka's. 

He does have areas of his game he could improve, as does every player to take the field.

Erm… bit of confusion here.

He was talking about Lo Celso, who is 28.

Daulmakan is our resident Argentine fan and knows what he’s talking about.

Not referring to Felix.

Edited by Jas10

10 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I believe above poster is referring to LoCelso. 
you’re talking about Felix yeah.? 

2 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I believe above poster is referring to LoCelso. 
you’re talking about Felix yeah.? 

Yep, wires crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Not yet, but they have sold chunks of their future broadcasting rights etc 

I saw some stuff a year ago they were

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It's pretty unlikely he will be wanting to come here for 130k a week and 50m is CRAZY for him after the last few years

I think there’s conjecture about his current wages. If it’s true he’s on less than 100k/week then there’s every chance I think he’d come. Depends on how you look at 50m though. The kid is a ridiculously good talent just needs someone like Unai to unlock him. 40m on Duran or 50m on Felix I’m just Felix every day of the week. But again everyone has their own opinion 

5 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I think there’s conjecture about his current wages. If it’s true he’s on less than 100k/week then there’s every chance I think he’d come. Depends on how you look at 50m though. The kid is a ridiculously good talent just needs someone like Unai to unlock him. 40m on Duran or 50m on Felix I’m just Felix every day of the week. But again everyone has their own opinion 

I wouldn't buy Duran for 40m either.

Sophies choice

49 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s good to have competition for players regardless of how good they are, it keeps them motivated and perhaps less pressured to some extent, I’m sure Unai can strike the right balance and know how to manage each individual player 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s good to have competition for players regardless of how good they are, it keeps them motivated and perhaps less pressured to some extent, I’m sure Unai can strike the right balance and know how to manage each individual player 

With that in mind, Nico Williams anyone?

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â